Teletext Holiday Complaints

Options

Comments

• Ross_Willis
    Options
    I'm just about to ring Teletext holidays and wonder if yet again they fob me off TT518611 Truly travel hardly 8 day's on and it's me calling them hardly good customer service I'll be updating on this soon
    Ross Willis
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm just about to ring Teletext holidays and wonder if yet again they fob me off TT518611 Truly travel hardly 8 day's on and it's me calling them hardly good customer service I'll be updating on this soon
    Ross Willis

They don’t care
  • Anas99
    Anas99 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi ,
    Just wanted to strongly advise everyone to not book a holiday with teletext after a very bad experience which is still on going and I haven't even travelled on holiday yet.

First of all I booked a holiday to morocco with my friends back in Feb 18 for end of June 18 as prices were a bit cheaper. 2 months later I received an email of teletext cancelling my hotel ! Obviously I was not happy with this and I called them. They said it was because of contractual issues which wasn't true as I got one of my friends to phone up to book the same hotel for the same day and it was available only the prices has gone up twice the price !!! Again I phoned up and told them to not lie and get it sorted but they denied it again. After the fourth time of calling they said they would sort it out. However 2 weeks of calling they were still no progress ! I couldn't cancel the holiday as the prices have risen dramatically! SO I WAS FORCED TO PICK THE HOTEL THEY CHOSE ! They said they would give us a discount . However the balance on my account is still showing the full amount and I have again Called more than 5 times about this and even talked on the live chat but all the say is we will sort it out within 24-48 hours and they don't!:mad:
    My due date to pay the balance has now gone and I've received no documents or confirmation of my holiday . They sad they'd sort everything out before my due date but 4 days have now passed with no progress at all.
    This is the service you get a teletext people; I've been lied to , mistreated ! scammed ! and even had the phone put down on me.
    I have gone from being unhappy to annoyed to angry to absolutely livid !
    :mad:
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That is a poor show from Teletext.

I do hope you get things sorted out Anas99.
  • Anas99
    Anas99 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    If anyone could notify me on who to complain to about this situation or what I should I’ll really appreciate it as it’s out of order and I don’t think it’ll get solve without teletext getting a big nudge of a third party company. I’ve already complained to teletext about 1000 times and their management team.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you read through the posts on this thread you will see where other people have escalated their issues (don't recall ever hearing any good reviews about this bunch)
  • Travelfamily
    Options
    Email CEO W_perks@teletext.co.uk with Complaints

We had such an ordeal booking with Teletext.
    It took hours with lots of changes and extras.
    We had finally organised a ten night break in Majorca and paid by credit card then they called back to say we had to pay an additional £440 two hours later.
    We were concerned as we doouble checked everything with them.
    We then wanted to cancel as they had not yet shown up on our card. The guy adam got angry with us shouting down the phone and processed payment and say we could not cancel.

We had to wait over 4 days for a refund. I was so angry as this was out first holiday away as a family with our baby and our anniversary.

I emailed a complaint and never heard anything I then emailed the CEO W_perks@teletext.co.uk [/B]directly and got a call to say they we were going to be compensated and it should never have happened.

They insulted me again by trying to pan off a 2.5 star holiday for £3k and not explaination of the compensation.
    I again emailed the CEO as this is a total scam and
    All complaints should be sent to him by email at W_perks@teletext.co.uk and on twitter as he should be doing something about this.
    We are now have no holiday and everything is outside our budget.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Email CEO W_perks@teletext.co.uk with Complaints

We had such an ordeal booking with Teletext.
    It took hours with lots of changes and extras.
    We had finally organised a ten night break in Majorca and paid by credit card then they called back to say we had to pay an additional £440 two hours later.
    We were concerned as we doouble checked everything with them.
    We then wanted to cancel as they had not yet shown up on our card. The guy adam got angry with us shouting down the phone and processed payment and say we could not cancel.

We had to wait over 4 days for a refund. I was so angry as this was out first holiday away as a family with our baby and our anniversary.

I emailed a complaint and never heard anything I then emailed the CEO W_perks@teletext.co.uk [/B]directly and got a call to say they we were going to be compensated and it should never have happened.

They insulted me again by trying to pan off a 2.5 star holiday for £3k and not explaination of the compensation.
    I again emailed the CEO as this is a total scam and
    All complaints should be sent to him by email at W_perks@teletext.co.uk and on twitter as he should be doing something about this.
    We are now have no holiday and everything is outside our budget.
    Sorry but a lot of this doesn't make sense.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hate to pour more water on burning flames but a search at Companies House shows no director of that name. They have given you an email address to keep you happy, the operation is owned by an Indian, the call centre is in India and if you want a good holiday the general consensus on this board, after years of complaints is to avoid the business altogether
  • pennylane99
    pennylane99 Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 July 2018 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Wayne Perks, former Group product and commercial director of Virgin Holidays

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/54524/teletext-appoints-new-md-and-reveals-tv-push
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback