Teletext Holiday Complaints

Options
Hi,

I am after advice regarding Teletext Holidays.

I have recently used this company for a holiday to Cyprus for 7 nights.
I paid for an all inclusive package and extra for a upgraded room with a double bed and sea view.

When I arrived at the hotel around 10pm after a days travelling I found that none of the hotels facilities were unavailable due to a large wedding on at the hotel.

I was given a list of all the rules of the all inclusive package which I found out had the drinks/meal times shortened from which Teletext knew of and also listed items not included on the all inclusive package which included ice creams, crisps and also bottled water!

The room provided was a twin room and did not offer a sea view but was a side sea view. When I complained that this is not what I paid for I was told there was no double room available on that night.

This was changed to a double room the next day but again we found out that a sea view room did not exist and the rooms were side sea view and I did not feel safe leaning over a fourth storey balcony in a poorly maintained hotel just to see the sea.

We did complain about the poor dirty rooms and lack of all inclusive facilites and requested a different hotel but this got us nowhere.

I contacted Teletext serveral times who promised to call me back but never did so I then had to keep on calling them resulting in a large phone bill.

During my 7 nights here there were a total of three weddings which all resulted in the already poor facilities (bar/restaurant) becoming out of bounds.

I was advised to record all my evidence and to complain on my return which I did.

When I did receive my response back a month later Teletext basically said they act as a retail agent and not responsible for the poor service we received and even mentioned that hotels provide different all inclusive packages which they are not in control of!!!

I have now raised the issue with Citizens Advice and also Holiday Travel Watch to find out what my next options are but would like to ask the forum if they have had any dealings with Teletext similar to mine.

Finally anyone reading this please do not use Teletext when you are looking for a holiday, my entire experience with them so far is very very poor and they seem to shun all responsibility regarding my experience. Just goes to show how much they "care" for their customers.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Felix, welcome to MSE and thanks for sharing your poor experience with teletext.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Felix1982
    Felix1982 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Richard,

Not a problem,

I have now complained to Citizens Advice, the Holiday Travel Watch and the TTA to which Teletext are a member.

I will keep you all updated on my results.
  • Teletext
    Teletext Posts: 53 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Felix1982,

Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to read your comments, please can you provide us with your TT booking reference number and we will look into this for you.

Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Felix1982
    Options
    TT242439

Thanks
  • Teletext
    Options
    Hi Felix1982

We have forwarded your comments to our Customer Relations Department who will be calling you shortly.

Regards

Teletext Holidays
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Felix1982
    Options
    Hi,

just to give you all a quick update on how Teletext customer services operate.

Following my letter ping pong with Teletext on several occasions they either:

Ignored my legal requests for transcripts of when I booked and complained.

Ignored my points to when Teletext were in breach of contract by selling me an upgrade which did not exist.

Did not even reply WHATSOEVER to the Travel Trust Association to whom they are a member. The TTA contacted Teletext several times asking them to get in touch with me but heard absolutely nothing.

I called Teletext customer service who didn’t even have a clue about the letters I received or and information on my case. I was promised a call back in the next 48 hours to discuss. Guess what I had no call at all.

Now they are not replying to my last letter followed by another call from the TTA to Teletext requesting they get in touch. Guess what, nothing.

This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They ignore LEGAL requests for information and ignore valid points you raise in your complaints.

Teletext, your behaviour following my complaint is absolutely disgusting. I shall never use your services again and anyone reading please never use this company for booking a holiday. If you have any issues you will only be ignored.

I will be taking this further.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could start with petitioning Martin S Lewis to stop recommending them.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Teletext
    Options
    Hi Felix1982

We have forwarded your comments to our Customer Relations Department who will be in touch with you.

Regards

Teletext Holidays
  • mcaulayr
    mcaulayr Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    after reading this thread i wont ever consider using them
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2015 at 9:32AM
    Options
    :money:I have contacted Mse in the " correct" way on this very subject -more than once- with no reply whatsoever -quite frankly it stinks... kerching!..

My private message to mse
    " I have asked this question before but received no response.
    There are numerous complaints by mse users and others about dealing with teletext ( truly travel as they are called) since truly travel took over.
    A general theme is up selling upgrades to rooms and they are just getting a standard room.
    Contacting them about issues such as wrong hotel wrong flights -serious issues-then being told they'll get called back-it never happens. People then have to spend hours on the phone to what seems to be a hard sell foreign poorly trained and staffed call centre.

I know as someone who takes lots of holidays , in the past I followed martins guide slavishly and teletext was in there.
    Now I come to my point-it's still in there-
    You put the teletext rep on here-after she messages people they seem to go strangely silent.
    Myself and a few others wonder how you can continue to justify featuring them in the guide as I believe it's giving people a false idea of the standard of service they will receive.
    In the past I had many good holidays with them-but this is in no way the same company now."

Originally I contacted the ( volunteer) board guide when I asked why this company was still being included.my post was "off topic. "

Private messaged board guide to ask why she wasn't responding and she gave me the correct person(s) to send the above message to.she said she was just a board guide and she wasn't the right person to speak to. I pointed out to her it was a shame she wasn't flagging up these issues-no reply.-
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback