105 replies 10.1K views

Replies

• Johno100Johno100 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    menantoll wrote: »
    Which PPC do you work for?

Come on, if he/she was a PPC sock puppet do you really think they would rack up a 900+ post count over 6 years, almost all in the Energy sub-board, before posting on parking matters? Crying wolf doesn't aid anybody.
  • arthurx1234arthurx1234 Forumite
    421 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Tobster86 wrote: »
    Congratulations on posting the most sanctimonious drivel I've ever read in my life!

By the way, upon reading this post you're contractually agreeing to pay me £80. You've read it and agreed to a contact. You understand these rules and they're here for everyone's benefit. You're guilty and should shut up.

I'm waiting for the money.

My keyboard is drenched with tears of laughter as i continually read posts from people who think it is "fine" ( can i use that word in this context) to overstay at a car park and then whine and winge when they get a penalty
    Free parking for 2 hours, return 2 hours 56 minutes later what right have you to complain if you are penalised? NONE

I dislike paying to park but i dislike also those individuals who post thinking they are within their rights to overstay and should not be penalised and then publicise the fact on this forum.

Read the rules before you park.

Beavis may have read the rules but overstayed and must pay up

Sorry if this goes against the general flow of the forum, as i have previously said he should pay

Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My keyboard is drenched with tears of laughter as i continually read posts from people who think it is "fine" ( can i use that word in this context) to overstay at a car park and then whine and winge when they get a penalty
    Free parking for 2 hours, return 2 hours 56 minutes later what right have you to complain if you are penalised? NONE

I dislike paying to park but i dislike also those individuals who post thinking they are within their rights to overstay and should not be penalised and then publicise the fact on this forum.

Sorry if this goes against the general flow of the forum, as i have previously said he should pay

Arthur

I find this a bit of a strange position of yours Arthur, because you've posted a number of recent threads here asking for advice in dealing with your own PCNs.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5206641&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5223794&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5219986&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5213977&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5209691&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5207717&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5206641&highlight=

As I say, somewhat strange! I'll leave it at that.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • HerzlosHerzlos Forumite
    12.6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noone is advocating that he pay nothing. They are advocating that he pay a fair rate based on the actual overstay (and not a fictional value that happens to match a council fine) and the company chasing him for payment follow both the law and their own trade bodies code of practice.

The argument that he prevented someone else from parking is also completely void if there were spaces available. His infraction cost the centre nothing, and cost the PPC nothing, so where does the £80 figure come from? Would you still agree if the figure was £800? £8000? £80,000?
  • RichardD1970RichardD1970 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

Arthur

Maybe if the PPC's stuck to their own (made up) rules themselves people wouldn't be quite so against them. Quite apart from the fact they regularly break real actual laws in the way they operate.
  • nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • edited 4 June 2015 at 3:56PM
    arthurx1234arthurx1234 Forumite
    421 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 4 June 2015 at 3:56PM
    In reply to those posters who think it is strange that i think Beavis should pay due to my previous posts on the subject of PPC IAS BPA etc.

I detest any company who ignores their own COP or fails to let common sense prevail however in this instance Beavis should pay up

Sorry chaps

I realise i am swimming against the tide, but free speech, voicing own opinions and all that, he is in the wrong for not paying and dragging this one out.

I apologise for my habit of free thinking but people on this forum should try it sometime- be careful it could confuse a stupid person but if you are happy following the rest of the sheep then go ahead baa baa

Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
  • RichardD1970RichardD1970 Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    In reply to those posters who think it is strange that i think Beavis should pay due to my previous posts on the subject of PPC IAS BPA etc.

I detest any company who ignores their own COP or fails to let common sense prevail however in this instance Beavis should pay up

Sorry chaps

I realise i am swimming against the tide, but free speech, voicing own opinions and all that, he is in the wrong for not paying and dragging this one out.

I apologise for my habit of free thinking but people on this forum should try it sometime- be careful it could confuse a stupid person but if you are happy following the rest of the sheep then go ahead baa baa

Arthur

Indeed, the same as we are all entitled to without being insulted. Nice way to win an argument :rotfl:
  • Arthur, why didn't your son follow your advice , he was in the wrong when parked ,pay up and shut up
    I Am Charlie
  • edited 4 June 2015 at 4:40PM
    arthurx1234arthurx1234 Forumite
    421 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 4 June 2015 at 4:40PM
    Arthur, why didn't your son follow your advice , he was in the wrong when parked ,pay up and shut up

We gather the information and make our own decision, people who post on this forum should try it sometime.

I wish i had the time to trawl though other peoples posts to try and get the intellectual edge over other posters ho hum

but to steer this topic back to where it belongs Beavis is wrong (my opinion)
    Beavis is right (your opinion) time will tell

Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals