MSE News: Motorist takes parking charge challenge to highest UK court

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
105 replies 10.1K views

Replies

• chattychappychattychappy Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a pity the article shows a photo of a PCN... when this case is about private charges rather than local authority penalties.
  • Inner_ZoneInner_Zone Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    soolin wrote: »
    MSE Paloma shouldn't this be on the parking and other fines/penalties sub board?

Agreed.

If the Mods can't even post in the correct sub forum what hope is there for newbies?
  • Morning all,

Thanks for the posts - this thread will be moved to the parking sub-board and thanks for flagging the pic - this has now been changed.

Kind regards, MSE Paloma
  • footyguyfootyguy Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    ...the Court of Appeal ruled against the 48-year-old from Billericay in April, deeming the £85 to be reasonable...

I've seen MSE suggest previously Beavis lives in Billericay, but I understand he actually lives in Chelmsford (where he got the parking ticket)

He only runs a chip shop in Billericay (Don't get excited, it's not even in the High Street). He got that after his chip shop (actually more of a caravan) that he ran in Chelmsford closed.

I also understand he took over a failed bar/club in Chelmsford (failed essentially due to complaints from neighbours over noise) ... and quess what, that didn't last long as the neighbours again complained about the noise.
  • Johno100Johno100 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    footyguy wrote: »
    I've seen MSE suggest previously Beavis lives in Billericay, but I understand he actually lives in Chelmsford (where he got the parking ticket)

He only runs a chip shop in Billericay (Don't get excited, it's not even in the High Street). He got that after his chip shop (actually more of a caravan) that he ran in Chelmsford closed.

I also understand he took over a failed bar/club in Chelmsford (failed essentially due to complaints from neighbours over noise) ... and quess what, that didn't last long as the neighbours again complained about the noise.

And what has any of that got to do with the validity of the court challenge to Parking Eye?
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    And thank you footyguy for that ooooh so helpful and informative post. Not a single shred of useful information.

As is seems that you might not understand quite what the situation is with regards to the private parking skimdustry why not have a read through the Newbies thread on this board. I suspect that you might learn one or two things.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • edited 4 June 2015 at 11:46AM
    footyguyfootyguy Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    edited 4 June 2015 at 11:46AM
    HO87 wrote: »
    And thank you footyguy for that ooooh so helpful and informative post. Not a single shred of useful information.....

Really?

It wasn't me that suggested Beavis is from Billericay.
    I just thought it was useful to correct that information.

I've got lots more on this character if you were interested.
    You obviously are not

Keep waving the flag...

... but I do recognise the irony of your post :cool:
  • HO87HO87 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    I'd still suggest that you have a read through of the Newbies thread.

No irony included nor intended.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • menantollmenantoll Forumite
    17 Posts
    footyguy wrote: »
    ... I've got lots more on this character if you were interested.
    You obviously are not ...

Which PPC do you work for?
  • Tobster86Tobster86 Forumite
    774 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    • In April 2013, Beavis left his car in a retail outlet car park in Chelmsford, Essex, that offered two hours of free parking.
    • Beavis overstayed by 56 minutes and was sent a parking ticket by ParkingEye Limited, which managed the site, ordering him to pay £85, reduced to £50 if he paid within 14 days.
    Beavis overstayed by 56 minutes = GUILTY PAY UP AND SHUT UP

Arthur

Congratulations on posting the most sanctimonious drivel I've ever read in my life!

By the way, upon reading this post you're contractually agreeing to pay me £80. You've read it and agreed to a contact. You understand these rules and they're here for everyone's benefit. You're guilty and should shut up.

I'm waiting for the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals