edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
105 replies 10.1K views

Replies

• ampersandampersand Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    arthur, #51:

'Last edited by arthurx1234; Today at 11:32 AM.. Reason: I deleted my unjustified nasty comments[when would any 'nasty' comments be justified?] about some unenlightened posters who are employed as snipers'
    #
    Forum Posters are not 'employed' to post here.

Your language and comprehension need house training.
    Use the O.E.D.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• arthurx1234arthurx1234 Forumite
    421 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The way I see it, the offer was to park on the land for a maximum of 2 hours - free of charge. No offer was made to extend that visit as after the 2 hours had expired you were no longer invited to park there! Failure to leave the premises after the maximum time allowed would be charged at whatever they saw fit!

They didnt want you there!! You are no longer an invited guest and the offer to use the land has now been withdrawn.

Its their land, not yours and you have no "rights" to it. There is no provision for you to pay to stay longer as they dont want you to!

I agree, £85 is excessive, but so is overstaying for nearly an hour with no good reason!

A good point, well made.
    Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.9K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your son stump up Arthur?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • matttyematttye Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is unreasonable to break the rules and so prevent another person from parking.
    The fine is a deterent.
    He knew the rules and ignored them
    The landowner has been perfectly reasonable by allowing people to park for 2 hours and charging nothing
    He is no better than able bodied motorists who park in supermarket disabled bays
    The rules are there for all
    He has wasted alot of time by dragging this through the courts, but has generated much publicity for his chip shop
    What right has he to overstay by almost 1 hour
    He has abused the 2 hour free parking
    HE SHOULD PAY UP AND SHUT UP

"Do you think £50 or nearly £1 per minute is an acceptable amount to charge for an overstay? " YES It is to deter inconsiderate/ unreasonable/ shameless / selfish/ stupid/ ignorant people from overstaying

Arthur

Are you aware they will charge you for an overstay if you're the only car in the car park (i.e. not causing inconvenience to anybody), and you have a genuine reason for being late back e.g. long queue in the store?

Your post comes across like the person has deliberately ignored the rules and is using the parking space for whatever reason he likes rather than as it was intended. PPCs are vultures and will jump on the slightest breach, whether or not it actually inconveniences anyone.
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good point, well made.
    Arthur

Still too embarrassed to answer other posters questions Arthur?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
    421 Posts
    ✭✭
    nicechap wrote: »
    Still too embarrassed to answer other posters questions Arthur?

I will always listen to others opinions, consider the merits and make my own decision as i would hope all others do. My son has made his decision- time will tell if it was the correct one, as he is now aware of the possible concequences, thanks to this forum and others.

It would seem little birdies on this forum get their feathers ruffled if you dont agree with the majority of posters. If you wish to ignore advice its up to the individual.

I must apologise if i do not have the "Stepford Wives" mentality of other posters as I do not agree with Mr Beavis's decision

The forum is to air your opinion in a none agressive manner and hopefully weed out the grain from the chaff (and their is lots of it)

So lets hope these judges have the b*lls to make a decision that clears the mess of PPC's once and for all.

Of course i do not agree with being charged £100 for being a few minutes late, but almost 1 hour late mmm not so sure

Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
    421 Posts
    ✭✭
    matttye wrote: »
    Are you aware they will charge you for an overstay if you're the only car in the car park (i.e. not causing inconvenience to anybody), and you have a genuine reason for being late back e.g. long queue in the store? What is the parking attendant suposed to do perform a Q+A clinic and wait for each driver to return and then decide if he/she should be charged?

Your post comes across like the person has deliberately ignored the rules and is using the parking space for whatever reason he likes rather than as it was intended.DISAGREE PPCs are vultures and will jump on the slightest breach, whether or not it actually inconveniences anyoneAGREE.

Arthur......
    BREXIT OOPS
    421 Posts
    ✭✭
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Did your son stump up Arthur?
    I will always listen to others opinions, consider the merits and make my own decision as i would hope all others do. My son has made his decision- time will tell if it was the correct one, as he is now aware of the possible concequences, thanks to this forum and others.

Arthur
    BREXIT OOPS
  • nicechapnicechap Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must apologise if i do not have the "Stepford Wives" mentality of other posters as I do not agree with Mr Beavis's decision

Arthur

What do you think of Parking Eye not following their COP in the Beavis Case?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • esmerobboesmerobbo Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barry Beavis was a naughty boy contravening Parkingeye's car park management, by overstaying for 50 mins.

What he should have done is abused 3 disabled bays by parking sideways over all 3, but leaving in 1hr 59mins. Then Parkingeye's management would not have been abused.

Lets see this for what it is Parkingeye dont give a rats about landowners rights, most landowners probably don't have too much car park abuse, Parkingeye and others, convince them they have.

If in this instance how does charging someone after the fact £85 stop abuse? It may penalise the driver, but it is more likely to stop them returning to the retail park.

I don't know what the rates are in that area, but here I could park all day on a DYL for £35 and the lines and the TRO all have to be correct. The CEO has to follow correct procedure, however if I overstayed at my nearest Aldi with PE infestation I would be charged £60 for a few minutes overstay all done with non-calibrated CCTV cameras.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals