Were Bank

Options
newscambank
newscambank Posts: 10 Forumite
edited 25 May 2015 at 7:23PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Has anyone come accross this lot on Facebook? basically it is someone who believes they can set up their own bank and produce their own cheques.

He started of using paypal, they stopped his account. Banks are refusing to clear his cheques, people wont accept that this cant work.

He is one of those "freeman on the land people" who thinks he knows better then the banking system

On FB look up "peter of england. All based on Promissory notes. Many banks seem to aware of this "scheme" and have alerted their branches

werebank.com

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,407 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl: They've even gone to the trouble of conjuring up some pseudo-science to weave into their conspiracy theories. Someone has stopped taking their medication I think.
  • newscambank
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    :rotfl: They've even gone to the trouble of conjuring up some pseudo-science to weave into their conspiracy theories. Someone has stopped taking their medication I think.

It is totally full of it!, read the facebook page, it will tickle your ribs!, make the idea of going back to work tommorrow even better

This is linked to it (i cant post links ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=86512#.VWNvFE9Viko
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    "WeRe Bank funds its operations by charging a Flat Rate Transaction Tax of 1% on all commercial transactions. Example you spend £100 we charge £1 – you spend £500 we charge £5"

Um...
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ratapult wrote: »
    It sounded all like a load of nonsense to me until my friend at work has shown me that he has used it to pay off a load of bills and debt, explain this if you can???

So you signed up to MSE simply to ask how your friend "paid off a load of bills and debt". You say your friend showed you how to do it - - so why do you ask us how it can be done? Better still, get this friend of yours to post here how it works?

And why is this magic solution only on MSE? It should be in all the papers and TV news.

Who's your friend, btw? and who are you?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,407 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ratapult wrote: »
    It sounded all like a load of nonsense to me until my friend at work has shown me that he has used it to pay off a load of bills and debt, explain this if you can???
    Is he one of the people running the scamheme?
  • newscambank
    Options
    Many councils have been advised about these cheques now
    Southend Council have contacted The Met police about this, many other councils have been informed and there is going to be a nationwide alert done next week via the LGA so every council is aware

Co-operative fraud department who had one of these cheques have been advised Met police now investigating. Barclays have warned all their branches not to accept these cheques.

The person running this Scheme does not even have a fixed home address at the moment. There is a so called "clearing hotline number" on these cheques which is a mobile number.
  • newscambank
    edited 29 May 2015 at 3:55PM
    Options
    If someone can post this link up please, if you scroll down the page you can see what one of the cheques looks like:

quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10218&hilit=peter+of+england&start=1380

Here is a notice from southend council: tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1693ygo&s=8#.VWh8Gc9Viko
  • ringer
    ringer Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    omeone can post this link up please, if you scroll down the page you can see what one of the cheques looks like/QUOTE]
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "ASSURED DEBT ERADICATION" sounds good to me:grin:
  • ICan'tStandIt
    Options
    Lloyds Banking Group (so that's Lloyds, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Cheltenham & Gloucester etc) seem aware of these people as well and are not clearing any of WeRe Bank's 'cheques' either.

I appreciate that people in debt will probably see something like this as a lifeline and want to believe in it so much that they will just ignore all the warning signs, but this is clearly a con!

A WeRe Bank cheque is about as useful as Monopoly money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure