Comments

• Paul_1977
    Paul_1977 Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry yes, he says "for clearing".
  • Paul_1977
    Paul_1977 Posts: 992 Forumite
    Options
    This has been posted on the other forum, looks as if its all starting to go very wrong for Were bank customers.
    Re: Nationwide - going in to a branch to present cheque in person
    Unread postby 091156AB » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:36 pm

I express a word of caution before sending any WeRE bk cheques to Nationwide in person or by post. In my case on the very day they received my WeRe bk cheque to pay off the balance of my mortgage they filed at Cifas which warns the banks of fraudulent activity, that I had deposited a false instrument. Furthermore, it has triggered my bk of 30 yrs closing my account literally overnight.

The banks and building societies are working closely together and acted like a financial tsumani to leave me without a bank account or any of the basics to receive my salary or pay my way in a modern society. The speed without any warning was incredible. In both letters from Nationwide they never indicated they thought my actions were fraudulent. They just kept saying they don't recognise WeRE as a bank or has any funds to pay the cheque. Ironically, they did not call Peter to test that theory.

I really don't know what to do. next. I have to hope and pray my application for a basic bank account is successful.

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10712&p=203021#p203021
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a twonk, trying to pay off his mortgage with a Were cheque.
  • GingerFurball_2
    Options
    If I was stupid enough to pay £35 to this Peter of England chap, what exactly is it I'm supposed to be getting?
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If I was stupid enough to pay £35 to this Peter of England chap, what exactly is it I'm supposed to be getting?
    Scammed....
  • GingerFurball_2
    Options
    Well yes, quite. But let's say his scheme worked. What is it that the people who are being taken in think they're getting?
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well yes, quite. But let's say his scheme worked. What is it that the people who are being taken in think they're getting?

Free money with which to clear their debt.

Really. That simple.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • ICan'tStandIt
    ICan'tStandIt Posts: 455 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2015 at 8:15PM
    Options

The sad fact of this site is the ( NONE ) of you have any clue about so called real banking and none of you have any clue about banking law ! you are all making sweeping assumptions on subjects that you really think you understand and you simply do not !

I can't speak for anyone else on here other than myself but having worked in banking for many years, I can say hand on heart that a cheque from 'Were Bank' is as close to real money as the toilet roll in my bathroom is.

Banking a cheque from Were Bank achieves nothing.

Were Bank is a con that makes money out of the misery of others.

Thanks for the drive-by posting though and I'm sure you'll be back soon ... :D
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Were Bank is a con that makes money out of the misery of others.

So true.

It's astounding they are still allowed to operate and con people out of their money.
  • Lansdowne
    Lansdowne Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    It's astounding they are still allowed to operate and con people out of their money.

Were Bank is not a they it's a he.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport