Were Bank

Options

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He is fronting the scam but according to some forums, he isn't operating by himself
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fool/money etc.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    The days of the cheque being numbered, I suggest, are a little further away then people might like.
    But surely all cheques are already numbered :)
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    So true.

It's astounding they are still allowed to operate and con people out of their money.

I am stunned that a cheque printer actually took the con artist on as a customer for what is quite obviously a blatant fraud.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Probably printed in China.
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Probably another version of Corbynomics.
  • Herbie21
    Herbie21 Posts: 562 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2015 at 11:26AM
    Options
    Has anyone come accross this lot on Facebook? basically it is someone who believes they can set up their own bank and produce their own cheques.

He started of using paypal, they stopped his account. Banks are refusing to clear his cheques, people wont accept that this cant work.

He is one of those "freeman on the land people" who thinks he knows better then the banking system

On FB look up "peter of england. All based on Promissory notes. Many banks seem to aware of this "scheme" and have alerted their branches

werebank.com

As anyone who has taken an interest in this subject will know, the Get out of Debt Free website has been largely responsible for promoting this scam. A couple of days ago a frequent poster on GOODF by the name of RobSwift started a new thread to openly question the WeRe theory. Finally this morning (in his post at 8.10am) he has openly confirmed that WeRe cheques is a SCAM.......

http://www.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=91936&start=50

Oops the link does not work (probably not allowed to post it on here).
  • Herbie21
    Options
    Herbie21 wrote: »

http://www.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=91936&start=50

Oops the link does not work (probably not allowed to post it on here).

Links are not permitted. The thread can be found in their Latest News section and is entitled: "WeReBank concept is great...But is there something missing". The following is an extract of the post from this morning by RobSwift:
    "I have to throw my hands up here and admit that the ones who originally said Peter was a conman were spot on.......Unfortunately the man running the show is flawed and it is plain to see now that he was never going to do what he promised........I take responsibility for my part in all of this as I was one of those who championed the cause and I mean to right the wrong. Peter is going to pay for what he has done.....

"Sorry to all those who joined WeRe based upon my vocal support for the movement....For the record, I am retracting that support and again, sorry to those I vehemently opposed who were correct about Peter".
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Options
    were bank 'fraud.

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10879

main conclusion of Canadian court.
    a. WeRe Bank is a Fraud