PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big thank you Martin as I've successfully reclaimed all the PPI I paid on my Egg loan with interest - over £7,000 in total. Shame on me for ever paying that much but I'm glad I wised up, downloaded your letter template and challenged them.

I would definitely encourage everyone to do this. All I did was download the template, delete the bits that weren't appropriate and sent it to Egg. They sent me a letter within a few days acknowledging receipt of my complaint and a few weeks letter I got a further letter telling me the refund would be going back into my current account, which it did a couple of days later. It really was as simple as that!

You'll be pleased to hear I'm using the money to get on top of debts and do other money saving things like getting the house properly insulated. I've since used your site for all sorts of savings like gas, electricity, etc. not to mention the Clubcard points (and especially the loop holes which give you free wine!). Thanks again.
    So pleased for you and that you are getting on top of your debts and sorting the house too. Thats brilliant. Well done:T:T:T
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Portofino wrote: »
    Postman has just delieverd a letter from Egg agreeing to refund me on my PPI! I took the CC out online in 2003 for any of those that are pursuing them.

£3k paid directly to my card. I don't mind as it reduces the debt :-)
    Well done and glad you are happy with the paying direct too. You are so right, it rids you of them sooner.:T:T
  • clairemcatee
    Options
    kazdolly wrote: »
    thanks Di think I will lol:D :Axx

Kazdolly dont wait get onto them asap, i have posted all the contacts somewhere on here. Give them a ring directly

Good luck and keep me posted

claire x
  • superwhy
    superwhy Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I sent my first letter off to Welcome Finance on the 26th November, & this morning reeived a letter saying they can't deal with my complaint until they have further information. They enclosed a questionairre with the letter for me to fill in & send back. Is this standard? And also is this quick for Welcome Finance because a few posts on this forum have led me to believe that they will drag it out for as long as possible?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    superwhy wrote: »
    I sent my first letter off to Welcome Finance on the 26th November, & this morning reeived a letter saying they can't deal with my complaint until they have further information. They enclosed a questionairre with the letter for me to fill in & send back. Is this standard? And also is this quick for Welcome Finance because a few posts on this forum have led me to believe that they will drag it out for as long as possible?

Hi there Superwhy

This is definately standard for Welcome finance.

I would try to complete it to the best of your knowledge, or ask them to refer back to your letter if they ask questions in relation of the mis selling of the PPI.
    You could also ask them to refer to your account, and tell them you believe they should still hold the details on your loan from when they sold you the loan.

How long ago did you take out the loan?
    Is it still active?

Anyway, they still have 8 weeks as from your original letter, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • superwhy
    superwhy Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there Superwhy

This is definately standard for Welcome finance.

I would try to complete it to the best of your knowledge, or ask them to refer back to your letter if they ask questions in relation of the mis selling of the PPI.
    You could also ask them to refer to your account, and tell them you believe they should still hold the details on your loan from when they sold you the loan.

How long ago did you take out the loan?
    Is it still active?

Anyway, they still have 8 weeks as from your original letter, good luck.;)

The loan was taken out Aug 2005 & ended Aug 2008. I have filled in the questionairre & will be sending it back 1st class in the morning. I was surprised at such a quick initial response from them as I thought they would drag it out for the whole eight weeks before getting in touch! I still have all the paperwork, loan agreement etc so was able to fill it in no probs. Just have to wait for their Final Decision which they say they will issue within eight weeks of receiving the questionairre. Fingers crossed!!
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    superwhy wrote: »
    The loan was taken out Aug 2005 & ended Aug 2008. I have filled in the questionairre & will be sending it back 1st class in the morning. I was surprised at such a quick initial response from them as I thought they would drag it out for the whole eight weeks before getting in touch! I still have all the paperwork, loan agreement etc so was able to fill it in no probs. Just have to wait for their Final Decision which they say they will issue within eight weeks of receiving the questionairre. Fingers crossed!!

They should actually still have your details on file then.;)

These questionnaires are also actually known as stalling tactics, but do not worry, just tell them to refer back to your account and your letter if you have to.
    Hope you hear a positive result very soon, fingers crossed for you.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Hostie_2
    Hostie_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    gazzarw wrote: »
    After 4 letters and the intervention of the FOS in 8 months, the above have finally agreed to pay me all the PPI back plus interest and stress........ I love this site for all it has done for me......Martin for PM!!!!!....Am just waiting for their calculations, i have calculated it to around £6500..........Thank you all for your help........Love you loads:beer::j:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:money:
    WOW that's brilliant news...well done! you've given me hope as going for ppi myself amounting to nearly 7 grand....any tips? Just returned my ppi questionnaire and waiting for a response.

I'm sure you will have a very prosperous new Year!

CELEBRATE!:T
  • Portofino_2
    Options
    Jessie - I didn't know for sure if it was pre-ticked but then read somewhere else that that year (2003) was a pre-tick box year.

Good luck!
  • thegrinner
    Options
    Just like to say thanks to everyone giving encouragement on here. I thought I had nothing to lose, so used the templates and sent the letters off last Monday(30 nov). I've had a letter today from Halifax (Credit Card) giving the usual guff (no admission on our part, valued customer blah blah blah). It goes on to say that they are going to return my account to where it would be if I hadn't taken ppi. They'll contact me shortly to let me know how much I'm due.
    I've had the card since Feb 02 and I've been paying £65 a month for at least a year now(!) on ppi so it should be a fairly nice looking cheque!
    It gets said alot on here but for anyone whos thinking of giving this a try, do it. I'm a pessimist at the best of time but this is a fantastic start to the week for the price of a stamp.
    Just waiting on the other 3 now!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure