PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• sarahlou8383
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big thank you Martin as I've successfully reclaimed all the PPI I paid on my Egg loan with interest - over £7,000 in total. Shame on me for ever paying that much but I'm glad I wised up, downloaded your letter template and challenged them.

I would definitely encourage everyone to do this. All I did was download the template, delete the bits that weren't appropriate and sent it to Egg. They sent me a letter within a few days acknowledging receipt of my complaint and a few weeks letter I got a further letter telling me the refund would be going back into my current account, which it did a couple of days later. It really was as simple as that!

You'll be pleased to hear I'm using the money to get on top of debts and do other money saving things like getting the house properly insulated. I've since used your site for all sorts of savings like gas, electricity, etc. not to mention the Clubcard points (and especially the loop holes which give you free wine!). Thanks again.
  • chrispy1601
    Options
    Hi iv just used one of the template letters to reclaim my PPI from Egg they sent me a reply telling me they will investigate in 8 weeks then the very next day i got another letter stating " After a full review of your account, our records indicate that although you did purchase PPI with your loan, the policy was cancelled before any premiums were taken from you, no refunds are due." The problem is that i have checked my account online and it states i took a loan for £12000 and PPI for £4400 now this sounds good as i now have a written letter from them saying that i cancelled my PPI i only have £4400 left to pay so this should clear the loan but im not sure the best way to write a letter to them as all the template letters on here are for when you have been refused any ideas the best way to write it and should i be asking for interest back?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big thank you Martin as I've successfully reclaimed all the PPI I paid on my Egg loan with interest - over £7,000 in total. Shame on me for ever paying that much but I'm glad I wised up, downloaded your letter template and challenged them.

I would definitely encourage everyone to do this. All I did was download the template, delete the bits that weren't appropriate and sent it to Egg. They sent me a letter within a few days acknowledging receipt of my complaint and a few weeks letter I got a further letter telling me the refund would be going back into my current account, which it did a couple of days later. It really was as simple as that!

You'll be pleased to hear I'm using the money to get on top of debts and do other money saving things like getting the house properly insulated. I've since used your site for all sorts of savings like gas, electricity, etc. not to mention the Clubcard points (and especially the loop holes which give you free wine!). Thanks again.

Hello and welcome.;)

Wow Well done, this is great......:T:T
    Many Congratulations.
    :beer::beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi iv just used one of the template letters to reclaim my PPI from Egg they sent me a reply telling me they will investigate in 8 weeks then the very next day i got another letter stating " After a full review of your account, our records indicate that although you did purchase PPI with your loan, the policy was cancelled before any premiums were taken from you, no refunds are due." The problem is that i have checked my account online and it states i took a loan for £12000 and PPI for £4400 now this sounds good as i now have a written letter from them saying that i cancelled my PPI i only have £4400 left to pay so this should clear the loan but im not sure the best way to write a letter to them as all the template letters on here are for when you have been refused any ideas the best way to write it and should i be asking for interest back?

Hi and welcome.;)

Hopefully Tiggrae will be along at some point later on to give you some advice on this one.

Just to double check, so they are saying that you cancelled this within good time before they taken any premiums from you, so ppi was not included in your repayments anyway?

And yet your account still shows that your still paying for PPI, is that correct?
  • kazdolly
    kazdolly Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Morning all, just letting you know an update on my progress.

Sent acceptance Thursday 26th November via fax

Received Cheque for £3399.96 on 7th December (7 days!!!):j:j

Cheque will clear in good time for last min xmas shopping! :T

Thanks to everyone on the site for their help

Good luck everyone

Claire xxx
    CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE :j:j:j xxx

im still waiting on my cheque :mad: but ill give them till tommorrow and phone them ;)x
  • di3004
    Options
    kazdolly wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE :j:j:j xxx

im still waiting on my cheque :mad: but ill give them till tommorrow and phone them ;)x

Yeah keep chasing them Kaz, I would write to ask for extra compo for distress......as well.;)
    Good luck XX
  • kazdolly
    kazdolly Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Yeah keep chasing them Kaz, I would write to ask for extra compo for distress......as well.;)
    Good luck XX

thanks Di think I will lol:D :Axx
  • Portofino_2
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Portofino viewpost.gif
    Postman has just delieverd a letter from Egg agreeing to refund me on my PPI! I took the CC out online in 2003 for any of those that are pursuing them.

£3k paid directly to my card. I don't mind as it reduces the debt :-)

Congratulations on your win!!!

Hope you dont mind me asking but what grounds did you claim they missold ppi? I am asking as I am in same situation and have gone to the FOS with this and its now with an adjudicator. How long did it take to sort out?

I basically said that the box was pre-ticked in 2003, that the optional nature of the PPI was never clear on my statements and that asking the customer to agree to T&Cs online was unfairl.
  • jessie15
    jessie15 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Portofino wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Portofino viewpost.gif
    Postman has just delieverd a letter from Egg agreeing to refund me on my PPI! I took the CC out online in 2003 for any of those that are pursuing them.

£3k paid directly to my card. I don't mind as it reduces the debt :-)

Congratulations on your win!!!

Hope you dont mind me asking but what grounds did you claim they missold ppi? I am asking as I am in same situation and have gone to the FOS with this and its now with an adjudicator. How long did it take to sort out?

I basically said that the box was pre-ticked in 2003, that the optional nature of the PPI was never clear on my statements and that asking the customer to agree to T&Cs online was unfairl.

Many thanks for your reply!! Can you remember that the box was pre-ticked or have you since found this out as I really can not remember to be sure???
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got your actual loan details including amount of loan, amount of PPI, APR and over what period. I can then tell you if you were actually paying the PPI hopefully.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback