Options

Comments

• traz39
    traz39 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi hun

Your still waiting from August?:eek::eek:
    Blimey that is 4 months, that is pathetic.

I would write to them and ask they also compensate you for stress due to all this waiting, give them 7 days as from your letter, and also tell them if you receive nothing the matter will have to obviously go further, where then you will seek further compensation.

This is one heck of a waiting time, it just isn't on....not still waiting after 4 months.......:mad:.

Please tell me, was this resolved through direct with Welcome or the FOS.

If the FOS, I know they do normally state that the case is closed once accepted and signed, but in my opinion its not closed until you received and banked your refund.
    So if this is the case, I would defo tell the ombudsman or the one who dealt with your case within the FOS, that its been 4 months and no refund have been paid up to know, ask if they are able to chase this up for you, they did for me on one of my cases 2 years ago.

If this was resolved direct with Welcome, I would directly write to them with the suggestions I made above.

Good luck, hope you receive your money soon, please keep us posted.;)
    hi di thanks for reply this was the ombusman and i have rang them and chased up but even they seem to get no answers only there is a backlog and welcome are setting on more staff to deal with it i am sick of waiting and welcome more or less saying i have to wait has done in date order
  • traz39
    traz39 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    wendyste wrote: »
    Hi Just wanted to let you all know, I sent a letter to Alliance and Leicester to reclaim PPI on a loan thats still active only 1 week ago. I got a letter yesterday saying they would look into it and the very next letter i opened was an offer of nearly £1100.00 which was full refund including interest to date and also they have reduced my monthly payments by £50.00. I tried to cancel my PPI in August this year however they refused and said i needed to take out a new agreement which was more than my original monthly payment. Which is why i decided to research and complain. So glad i did.
    I returned my offer letter and am waiting for my cheque.

Thanks Martin
    Merry Christmas.:beer::j
    wish welcome was had easy but congratulation happy spending
  • gerryscot
    Options
    Hi Just wanted to let you all know, I sent a letter to Alliance and Leicester to reclaim PPI on a loan thats still active only 1 week ago. I got a letter yesterday saying they would look into it and the very next letter i opened was an offer of nearly £1100.00 which was full refund including interest to date and also they have reduced my monthly payments by £50.00. I tried to cancel my PPI in August this year however they refused and said i needed to take out a new agreement which was more than my original monthly payment. Which is why i decided to research and complain. So glad i did.

Thanks Martin

Yippee.....:j:j:j:j Another MSE Winner .... :money: :T:T:T:T

Congratulations………. :beer: :beer:

Gerry x :j :j
  • gerryscot
    Options
    trish2568 wrote: »
    ppi credit card
    capital one
    £750 therabouts
    6 letters inclusive of templates
    Started claim about 6 mths ago.initially was refused but went through route of requesting sar report.they could not produce evidence of not mis-selling.first offer was for £380 but refused on the grounds that i did not believe this to be a reasonable offer considering all the grounds that i was claiming on.Now they have offered a full refund.So well chuffed.thanks to this site and of course to the wonderful di

Yippee.....:j:j:j:j Another MSE Winner .... :T:T:T:T

Well done Trish, :A :money:

Gerry x :j :j
  • gerryscot
    Options
    Sepulza wrote: »
    Having used the template letter courtesy of Mr Lewis, I received a letter today from Northern Rock. Result: £3,058.80 plus £619.85 interest on PPI on my loan taken out 5 years ago. THANK YOU MR LEWIS, I love you, love you, love you...... YIPEE - thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rotfl::money::beer::j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Yippee.....:j:j:j:j Another MSE Winner .... :money: :T:T:T:T

Hope you have a fab Christmas._party_ :snow_laug :xmassmile

Gerry x :santa2:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    :xmassign::snow_grin:xmastree:

Thanks Martin

Fantastic.......:T:T
    Well done and Congratulations.:beer:
    and of course Merry Christmas.

:xmassign::xmastree::snow_grin
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • GLD_2
    GLD_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that Loans co uk have.......accepted our complaint and agree that we were missold the policy!!!! They are now calculating how much they need to refund us. So so so happy :-)
    All it took was one letter sent in October and we received their response yesterday....now just waiting to find out when we will get the money.
    Thank you so much for this website, wouldnt have known anything about it if it wasnt for MSE.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    GLD wrote: »
    Hi all, Just wanted to let you know that Loans co uk have.......accepted our complaint and agree that we were missold the policy!!!! They are now calculating how much they need to refund us. So so so happy :-)
    All it took was one letter sent in October and we received their response yesterday....now just waiting to find out when we will get the money.
    Thank you so much for this website, wouldnt have known anything about it if it wasnt for MSE.

Fantastic :T:T:j:j
    Well done and Congratulations.:beer::beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • fixer165
    Options
    after using your template letter for reclaiming ppi i received £2900.00 within 6 weeks of sending the letter to citibank NO IF`S OR BUTS just returned my money with interest now im after the rest of the banks that over the years have taken money wrongly will update of my success with this:j:T :beer: WELL DONE MARTIN
  • gerryscot
    gerryscot Posts: 962 Forumite
    Options
    fixer165 wrote: »
    after using your template letter for reclaiming ppi i received £2900.00 within 6 weeks of sending the letter to citibank NO IF`S OR BUTS just returned my money with interest now im after the rest of the banks that over the years have taken money wrongly will update of my success with this:j:T :beer: WELL DONE MARTIN

Yippee.....:j:j:j Another MSE Winner ...:T:T:T

Congratulations fixer, you certainly fixed up citibank...:rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.:santa2: _party_ :beer:

Gerry x :T :T ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills