PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Sepulza wrote: »
    Having used the template letter courtesy of Mr Lewis, I received a letter today from Northern Rock. Result: £3,058.80 plus £619.85 interest on PPI on my loan taken out 5 years ago. THANK YOU MR LEWIS, I love you, love you, love you...... YIPEE - thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rotfl::money::beer::j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Hello, and welcome.;)

Well done :T:T:T:j:j
    Congratulations.:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • pau1rs
    pau1rs Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    recieved another letter from egg, re my credit card ppi claim

offered another £526.81, inc intrest,

so far running total is £5549.28, from 3 letters

still awaiting a reply from tesco cc, recieved a confirmation letter from tesco loans

it keeps getting better,,,:D
    successful with all my ppi claims
  • di3004
    Options
    pau1rs wrote: »
    recieved another letter from egg, re my credit card ppi claim

offered another £526.81, inc intrest,

so far running total is £5549.28, from 3 letters

still awaiting a reply from tesco cc, recieved a confirmation letter from tesco loans

it keeps getting better,,,:D

This is brilliant......:T:T
    Well done to you and Congratulations. :beer::beer:
  • trish2568
    trish2568 Posts: 117 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2009 at 9:26PM
    Options
    ppi credit card
    capital one
    £750 therabouts
    6 letters inclusive of templates
    Started claim about 6 mths ago.initially was refused but went through route of requesting sar report.they could not produce evidence of not mis-selling.first offer was for £380 but refused on the grounds that i did not believe this to be a reasonable offer considering all the grounds that i was claiming on.Now they have offered a full refund.So well chuffed.thanks to this site and of course to the wonderful di
  • di3004
    Options
    trish2568 wrote: »
    ppi credit card
    capital one
    £750 therabouts
    6 letters inclusive of templates
    Started claim about 6 mths ago.initially was refused but went through route of requesting sar report.they could not produce evidence of not mis-selling.first offer was for £380 but refused on the grounds that i did not believe this to be a reasonable offer considering all the grounds that i was claiming on.Now they have offered a full refund.So well chuffed.thanks to this site and of course to the wonderful di

Aww your very welcome Trish.:A

This is wonderful, Congratulations and well done to you.
    :T:j:j:beer::j:T
  • trisha909
    Options
    Hi all,

I got a positive response from HFC bank regarding my PPI claim on the 16th Oct. I sent the acceptance form back on the 17th Oct 09. They have recieved the acceptance form, i called them recently and they are saying that they have had technical issues and thats why there is a delay in sending out the recalculated loan documents. Its been 6 weeks now. Is there a time frame before i can kick !!!? or is it just however long they want to take?... Anything i can do to speed it up?. Its funny how when you take out a loan the documents tip up on your doorstep within 24hrs of applying for it!........ hmmmmm curiouser and curiouser.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks lovelies xxx
    Trisha
    ;) When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car. ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    trisha909 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I got a positive response from HFC bank regarding my PPI claim on the 16th Oct. I sent the acceptance form back on the 17th Oct 09. They have recieved the acceptance form, i called them recently and they are saying that they have had technical issues and thats why there is a delay in sending out the recalculated loan documents. Its been 6 weeks now. Is there a time frame before i can kick !!!? or is it just however long they want to take?... Anything i can do to speed it up?. Its funny how when you take out a loan the documents tip up on your doorstep within 24hrs of applying for it!........ hmmmmm curiouser and curiouser.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks lovelies xxx

Hiya Trisha
    Hope your well.

If your in financial hardship, let them know, tell them you require your refund by 7 days.

Or you could write to them and tell them they have had ample time to deal with your refund, if you do not receive this by 7-14 days, you will have to consider taking this to the FOS.

It may shift them a bit.
    I do hope so Trisha.

Fingers crossed, give it a go, keep chasing, good luck.;)

Di
    XXx
  • traz39
    traz39 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    has anyone else waiting for money of welcome finance sent accepance back early august but still nothing:eek:
  • di3004
    Options
    traz39 wrote: »
    has anyone else waiting for money of welcome finance sent accepance back early august but still nothing:eek:

Hi hun

Your still waiting from August?:eek::eek:
    Blimey that is 4 months, that is pathetic.

I would write to them and ask they also compensate you for stress due to all this waiting, give them 7 days as from your letter, and also tell them if you receive nothing the matter will have to obviously go further, where then you will seek further compensation.

This is one heck of a waiting time, it just isn't on....not still waiting after 4 months.......:mad:.

Please tell me, was this resolved through direct with Welcome or the FOS.

If the FOS, I know they do normally state that the case is closed once accepted and signed, but in my opinion its not closed until you received and banked your refund.
    So if this is the case, I would defo tell the ombudsman or the one who dealt with your case within the FOS, that its been 4 months and no refund have been paid up to know, ask if they are able to chase this up for you, they did for me on one of my cases 2 years ago.

If this was resolved direct with Welcome, I would directly write to them with the suggestions I made above.

Good luck, hope you receive your money soon, please keep us posted.;)
  • wendyste
    Options
    Hi Just wanted to let you all know, I sent a letter to Alliance and Leicester to reclaim PPI on a loan thats still active only 1 week ago. I got a letter yesterday saying they would look into it and the very next letter i opened was an offer of nearly £1100.00 which was full refund including interest to date and also they have reduced my monthly payments by £50.00. I tried to cancel my PPI in August this year however they refused and said i needed to take out a new agreement which was more than my original monthly payment. Which is why i decided to research and complain. So glad i did.
    I returned my offer letter and am waiting for my cheque.

Thanks Martin
    Merry Christmas.:beer::j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport