PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Morning all, just letting you know an update on my progress.

Sent acceptance Thursday 26th November via fax

Received Cheque for £3399.96 on 7th December (7 days!!!):j:j

Cheque will clear in good time for last min xmas shopping! :T

Thanks to everyone on the site for their help

Good luck everyone

Claire xxx

Brilliant Claire.
    Congratulations, this is fab.:beer::beer::j:j:T:T
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Morning all, just letting you know an update on my progress.

Sent acceptance Thursday 26th November via fax

Received Cheque for £3399.96 on 7th December (7 days!!!):j:j

Cheque will clear in good time for last min xmas shopping! :T:beer::beer:

Thanks to everyone on the site for their help

Good luck everyone

Claire xxx
    Fabulous news for you claire. Enjoy your christmas...:T:beer:
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Dunkydo wrote: »
    *UPDATE*

Hi folks,

Just off the phone with MBNA. The girl was great, really nice and helpful. They checked my original application and found that I had NOT applied for PPI and have offered me a refund of my premiums + 8% = £1145!!

They are paying it against my balance which is great because it means I am reducing my debts!

Many thanks again MSE!

EGG - £800 refund - 1 letter
    A&L - £790 refund - 1 letter
    MBNA - £1145 refund - 1 letter

Total so far - £2735, cost £5 in recorded delivery, feeling - PRICELESS!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dunkydo
    Well done Dunkydo.:T:j
  • Newkid
    Newkid Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Dunkydo wrote: »
    *UPDATE*

Hi folks,

Just off the phone with MBNA. The girl was great, really nice and helpful. They checked my original application and found that I had NOT applied for PPI and have offered me a refund of my premiums + 8% = £1145!!

EGG - £800 refund - 1 letter
    A&L - £790 refund - 1 letter
    MBNA - £1145 refund - 1 letter

Total so far - £2735, cost £5 in recorded delivery, feeling - PRICELESS!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Dunkydo

Dunkydo
    Well done , my experience with A&L was similar to yours , having been fined by the regulator focuses their operations a little - it did take them 2 weeks to get the cheque to me , so given the Christmas post I would be on the phone to them asap.
    MBNA are not being helpfull at all & have written to me saying their investigations will not be complete until 1/1 / 2010 ( my original letter 4 Nov ) - I have written back telling them this is not acceptable as when I missed 1 dd payment they were able to phone 4 times & send 4 letters in 5 days ! I have asked them to apply the same haste to my complaint.

Newkid
  • GLD_2
    GLD_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Just found out it may take between 6 and 8 weeks for them to work out how much we are owed, they say it is because they basically have to review every single one of the past 52 months and work out interest and who knows what else, not in time for Xmas but maybe in time for the January Sales.

Thanks again to all you guys, wouldnt of done it without this site
  • Portofino_2
    Options
    Postman has just delieverd a letter from Egg agreeing to refund me on my PPI! I took the CC out online in 2003 for any of those that are pursuing them.

£3k paid directly to my card. I don't mind as it reduces the debt :-)
  • di3004
    Options
    Portofino wrote: »
    Postman has just delieverd a letter from Egg agreeing to refund me on my PPI! I took the CC out online in 2003 for any of those that are pursuing them.

Wow this is fab and will help to take the weight off your shoulders, well done and Congratulations.:beer::T:beer:
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I have reported egg to FOS – they cashed my cheque for the copy of the credit agreement and not sent it to me!! Had various email conversations with them saying that someone will get back to me, that someone will send out the agreement blah blah blah, but still not had it! Even said to them ‘you have a week to send me the info or I will tell’ – still nothing so told FOS!

I even very kindly told egg that I had told FOS but would be willing to stop the complaint if they gave me back the PPI!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    newcook wrote: »
    Well I have reported egg to FOS – they cashed my cheque for the copy of the credit agreement and not sent it to me!! Had various email conversations with them saying that someone will get back to me, that someone will send out the agreement blah blah blah, but still not had it! Even said to them ‘you have a week to send me the info or I will tell’ – still nothing so told FOS!

I even very kindly told egg that I had told FOS but would be willing to stop the complaint if they gave me back the PPI!!!

I would be requesting for distress compensation as well due to all this messing around you had had with them!
    Good luck with this newcook and if it comes to it then do ask for the distress compo, good luck.;)
  • jessie15
    jessie15 Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Portofino wrote: »

Congratulations on your win!!!

Hope you dont mind me asking but what grounds did you claim they missold ppi? I am asking as I am in same situation and have gone to the FOS with this and its now with an adjudicator. How long did it take to sort out?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback