PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• nitnit_2
    Options
    • What were you reclaiming: loan
    • Who was the provider:egg
    • How much did you get back: over a 1K
    After only sending one letter to Egg, i reicieved letter saying that they will refund ppi, i just want to say thank to MSE, i am really happy and this has meade my xmas, just Capital one, Firstplus and Paragon to go. Thank you again MSE and all that have shared their experiences.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    nitnit wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: loan
    • Who was the provider:egg
    • How much did you get back: over a 1K
    After only sending one letter to Egg, i reicieved letter saying that they will refund ppi, i just want to say thank to MSE, i am really happy and this has meade my xmas, just Capital one, Firstplus and Paragon to go. Thank you again MSE and all that have shared their experiences.

Hi and welcome.
    Well done to you and Congratulations.:beer::T:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • The_Tinman
    Options
    Loan
    Egg
    £3613.67
    1 Letter

I wasn't going to try and claim any money back as i thought it would end in failure and i'm not normally that lucky, but coming on this site gave me the confidence to give it a try, i sent off a letter using the template and just hoped i'd be refunded, got to be honest and say it was an amazing feeling getting back £3600

Many thanks to this site for giving me the kick up the backside i needed
  • di3004
    Options
    The_Tinman wrote: »
    Loan
    Egg
    £3613.67
    1 Letter

I wasn't going to try and claim any money back as i thought it would end in failure and i'm not normally that lucky, but coming on this site gave me the confidence to give it a try, i sent off a letter using the template and just hoped i'd be refunded, got to be honest and say it was an amazing feeling getting back £3600

Many thanks to this site for giving me the kick up the backside i needed

Hello and welcome.

that is wonderful........congratulations, well done to you.
    :beer::T:beer:
  • debt_buster_4
    Options
    • What were you reclaiming: PPI Credit Cards
    • Who was the provider: Barclaycard
    • How much did you get back: £1500 over 2 cards
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Letter and filling in their questionnaire
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale Pre-existing medical condition - wrote letter, they replied with questionnaire. Filled in questionnaire and provided proof of pre-existing condition - copy of proof from medical records with everything but necessary information blanked out. Was expecting to go to ombudsman, but to my surprise, got a letter with full refund + interest. Their letter said 'I feel there is lack of supporting evidence to confirm sale of PPI was carried out in accordance with our standard procedures. As a result I am willing to offer a refund of the PPI premiums you have paid and associated interest on this amount.
    All I can say is well done Barclaycard for being honest and common sense prevailing. I am more likely to stay with a card who has been upfront with their decision like Barclaycard, rather than RBS whom I have asked for £3700 and wish to take it through the ombudsman for exactly the same circumstances. RBS are out of my life after it has been resolved. They just want to create hurdles. Well, maybe it will backfire on them with loss of customers!

Also a huge thank you to Martin and contributors of these forums for sharing their advice and stories which gave me the confidence to complain for the refunds :T:T:T
  • K1RST1E_2
    K1RST1E_2 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I posted on here last weekend regarding the success of my PPI reclaim against the dreaded Welcome Finance after 13 months of battling it out with the Financial Ombudsman.

I contacted Welcome Finance this week to find out how long it will take to get this matter resolved and they are saying at least 12 weeks! This is due to the high volume of customers who has also put in PPI reclaims in the summer and as they are dealt with in date order, mine is at the bottom of the list as a decision to repay it was only made the other week. I'm gutted to say the least as I waited patiently for 13 months for this outcome and now it looks like I might not get what I am owed until March 2010 :(

Any ideas to speed this up, guys?
  • Sepulza
    Options
    Having used the template letter courtesy of Mr Lewis, I received a letter today from Northern Rock. Result: £3,058.80 plus £619.85 interest on PPI on my loan taken out 5 years ago. THANK YOU MR LEWIS, I love you, love you, love you...... YIPEE - thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:rotfl::money::beer::j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • traz39
    traz39 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    mine was the 12th of august and i am still waiting:eek:
  • di3004
    Options
    • What were you reclaiming: PPI Credit Cards
    • Who was the provider: Barclaycard
    • How much did you get back: £1500 over 2 cards
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Letter and filling in their questionnaire
    • And then write your brief reclaim tale Pre-existing medical condition - wrote letter, they replied with questionnaire. Filled in questionnaire and provided proof of pre-existing condition - copy of proof from medical records with everything but necessary information blanked out. Was expecting to go to ombudsman, but to my surprise, got a letter with full refund + interest. Their letter said 'I feel there is lack of supporting evidence to confirm sale of PPI was carried out in accordance with our standard procedures. As a result I am willing to offer a refund of the PPI premiums you have paid and associated interest on this amount.
    All I can say is well done Barclaycard for being honest and common sense prevailing. I am more likely to stay with a card who has been upfront with their decision like Barclaycard, rather than RBS whom I have asked for £3700 and wish to take it through the ombudsman for exactly the same circumstances. RBS are out of my life after it has been resolved. They just want to create hurdles. Well, maybe it will backfire on them with loss of customers!

Also a huge thank you to Martin and contributors of these forums for sharing their advice and stories which gave me the confidence to complain for the refunds :T:T:T

Hello and welcome.;)

This is fab :T:T:T
    Congratulations.:beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    K1RST1E wrote: »
    Hi All,

I posted on here last weekend regarding the success of my PPI reclaim against the dreaded Welcome Finance after 13 months of battling it out with the Financial Ombudsman.

I contacted Welcome Finance this week to find out how long it will take to get this matter resolved and they are saying at least 12 weeks! This is due to the high volume of customers who has also put in PPI reclaims in the summer and as they are dealt with in date order, mine is at the bottom of the list as a decision to repay it was only made the other week. I'm gutted to say the least as I waited patiently for 13 months for this outcome and now it looks like I might not get what I am owed until March 2010 :(

Any ideas to speed this up, guys?

Hi and welcome.

If your in any financial hardship, for example mortgage arrears, or behind with anything, maybe you have health problems as well, you could ask if they would consider dealing with your case under the fast tracking system.

I think they have to also say this perhaps just to cover themselves, as I believe many are told this and they will try to move on with as many as possible, by also taking on new adjudicators on a regular basis.

But if you are in any hardship let them know.

One of mine taken 14-15 months with the FOS and that was almost 2 years ago, where now they have even more of these complaints to deal with.

I do hope you hear sooner rather than later though hun, good luck, please keep us posted.;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure