We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    sable76 wrote: »
    hey guys, been having a look at this and it sounds like it might just be able to save me from ruin. took lots of credit cards and loans out over last 6yrs all with ppi. trouble is there were so many and have since moved house, also i am terrible with paperwork so i cannot find any loan or cc agreements. i have got a credit report wich shows me all my agreements over last 6 yrs, but where do i go from here.
    thanks so much for any help in advance.

Hello there

If you were mis sold for any reason then give it a go, here is the link to reclaiming with guidelines and templates, use the templates but write in your own reasons.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

They have 8 weeks to respond and another letter maybe required if they do not resolve this first time round, keep on at them until you receive the final response, also in the final letter from them, if eligible they should give details of the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) if your not satisfied with the outcome.

In regards of the agreements, write to them and request for the copies, they cost £1 each in postal order or cheque payment and should supply by 12 days of requesting these.

If you've no account numbers to go by then if the address was different then, let them know and any surname change of what it used to be, also your DOB, this should help track down your information.

For even more information you can always request a Subject access request (SAR) template and details:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

Remember to post all letters by recorded delivery.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • sable76
    sable76 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for such a swift and easy to follow post di, you're an angel. now lets hope i can get back some of my money and get myself sorted.:rolleyes:
  • di3004
    Options
    sable76 wrote: »
    thanks for such a swift and easy to follow post di, you're an angel. now lets hope i can get back some of my money and get myself sorted.:rolleyes:

Your welcome.:A

Good luck and post up for help anytime.
  • Dot_Com
    Dot_Com Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Success with Halifax.

Just wanted to update you all on my success with Halifax. I took out a loan last October and on Friday last got a letter to say they are crediting my account by £1013 and are sending me out details of my new loan without PPI, so should be saving over £100 a month on that. All it took was one letter sent on 30 March.

Still fighting First Plus though.... watch this space!!

Thanks for your advice and of course my hero Martin !
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,010 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Dot_Com wrote: »
    Success with Halifax.

Just wanted to update you all on my success with Halifax. I took out a loan last October and on Friday last got a letter to say they are crediting my account by £1013 and are sending me out details of my new loan without PPI, so should be saving over £100 a month on that. All it took was one letter sent on 30 March.

:money::money:well done to you:j:j:j
  • dawnmarie_2
    dawnmarie_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I heard from my adjudicator that they have agreed with my complaint and that barclays should put me in the position i was before i took out the PPI as well as £200 for stress caused. However, Barclays have left it until the last minute and rejected these findings. It now has to go to an Ombudsman which i'm told could take another couple of weeks.

I'm told this has been quite normal for Barclays but now i'm worried that the complaint will go in their favour. Has anyone heard of any cases where the adjudicator hasn't been agreed with?

Thanks

Dawn
  • di3004
    Options
    Dot_Com wrote: »
    Success with Halifax.

Well done Dot Com.......:T:beer::T
    Good luck with FP as well.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    dawnmarie wrote: »
    Hi all

I heard from my adjudicator that they have agreed with my complaint and that barclays should put me in the position i was before i took out the PPI as well as £200 for stress caused. However, Barclays have left it until the last minute and rejected these findings. It now has to go to an Ombudsman which i'm told could take another couple of weeks.

I'm told this has been quite normal for Barclays but now i'm worried that the complaint will go in their favour. Has anyone heard of any cases where the adjudicator hasn't been agreed with?

Thanks

Dawn

Hi there Dawn

Try not to worry.

We and many others have been in this situation, and mostly the ombudsman agrees with the adjudicator, I'm sure you will be fine.;)
  • dawnmarie_2
    dawnmarie_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Di3004. I guess it's been going on for so long that i went in to panic mode. Barclays have been particularly awkward and the first thing i will do if it all gets settled in my favour is pay off my overdraft and find a new bank. :-)
  • di3004
    Options
    dawnmarie wrote: »
    Thanks Di3004. I guess it's been going on for so long that i went in to panic mode. Barclays have been particularly awkward and the first thing i will do if it all gets settled in my favour is pay off my overdraft and find a new bank. :-)

You will be fine.;)
    I know they are not the easiest to deal with but the FOS will see through these, they probably have already.;)
    Good luck with thisX
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family