PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    IANC wrote: »
    Just spoken to my lovely HBOS claims handler and a letter was sent to me yesterday upholding all 7 loans and my credit card. :j:j:j:beer:

No figures yet, so looking forward to seeing them :T

This letter just asks me to accept and then they calculate.

But full contractual interest will be repaid. The Credit Card could be very interesting as the APR is around 29%.

I'm over the moon as this could have quite a large impact on my life financially :D

Fantastic Ian :T:j Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: Loan PPi

Who was the provider: EGG

How much did you get back: £2600

Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: I helped my brother complain about his PPi on a Egg loan from 2003, Sent off questionnaire & he got back off holiday to a upheld letter & cheque from Egg! took about 4-5 weeks :D. Result one happy brother :rotfl:

Fantastic work honey :T:j Well done! :beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Good luck to all winners today!!:T:T
    My letter has just come from MBNA..doesnt show any calcs, just states the amounts i will receive: £4190 in total for 2 x loans & 1 x credit card!!:money::money::money::money::money::money::money::money:
    Cheques to follow!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Cant believe it!! Oh how i love you guys..Muchos gratias.:A:A:A:Axx

Aww bless you.:A:A:A.
    Great job honey, remember you played a huge part of it as well, Well done!:beer: xx
  • The_Devil_In_Diamante
    Options
    Hi, I want to apply to my credit card company for a copy of the terms and conditions to see if I have been paying PPi (can't see mention of it on my bills). It is a Virgin Credit Card, which is issued by MBNA, so do I write to Virgin or MBNA?

thanks and thanks for your encouraging replies to my last post!

Ditto....I've just sent letters off (Signed for) to both of them today, great minds. They are at the same address in Chester, I literally took them off the net today.....

....I sent the Virgin one to:

Virgin Credit Card
    The Customer Advocate Office
    PO Box 1004
    Chester Business Park
    Wrexham Road
    Chester
    CH4 9WW

The MBNA to :

The Customer Advocate Office
    MBNA Europe Bank Ltd
    PO Box 1004
    Chester Business Park
    Chester
    CH4 9WW.

Worth a try! Good luck....
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi, as previously posted I found out last week my claim has been successful. My fiance would now like to claim for his (he didn't previously as we never expected anything to come of my claim). He banked with Alliance and Leicester and that is who his loans have been with, but they are now Santander - is it Santander he claims from now? Also, I'm a bit confused about the deadline of 31st August - can claims still be made after this time or it is too late?

Hi there

Even if you did send your complaint to A&L its understood it will be forwarded directly to Santander.
    There's no harm in directly dealing with this anyway with Santander, make them aware that you understand these are dealing with the complaints on behalf of A&L.
    Post your reclaim by recorded delivery, good luck.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Niggly wrote: »
    Did not see the original post just the figures and assumed ppi still being paid. This will effect the figures I have given you. You cancelled the ppi did you get a payment taken off the loan as a rebate?

Things are becoming cleare now.

I will rejig the fig

This is why we need a sticky on calculations you miss posts because this forum is so active

N:beer:

Hi N i have asked MSE Wendy for a sticky and have had no response,she may be on hols?.
    It would be better to have one,then all will be under the same thread and it will be easier all round.
  • di3004
    Options
    nikkilala wrote: »
    OMG so excited again:T:T:T:T:T Oh has just had a cheque from MBNA for £5452!!!!! for PPi on cc. He put it with BT without telling me at the beginning of the year and I phoned them last week and said as they hadnt done anything we would take it back and do it ourselves. They agreed I could but obviously they had just been sitting on the payout as it we now have it. He's a bit gutted that he paid fees but I'm currently doing all his others so so far since last friday that's £2800 from LLoyds for me and £5452 for him, OH happy days and I feel a holiday looming. My DS thinks we have gone mad as we've just done a celebration dance around the office:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Will properly post all the details when I calm down,Thanks guys:T:T:T

Brilliant!:D:T:j well done and Congratulations!:beer:
  • The_Devil_In_Diamante
    Options
    carlyberyl wrote: »
    Hi all...

Please could someone tell me if companies legally have to hold your information on file for at least 6 years? having a nightmare with sygma!!

Thankyou and well done to all who have managed to successfully claim

I do know that for Tax purposes Companies must hold records for at least 6 years and are recommended to hold 6 years plus the current year......
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Hun :D

he is getting married next year so i'll not charge him a fee :eek:

thanks for all your help & same to the rest of the crew ;)

A stag night in order then, tell him to buy your drinks all night lol :D:j.

Good one honey and your very welcome x
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Di,can you help with getting a sticky for calcs?,i have asked MSE Wendy but have had no response,maybe on hols?.

Thanks in advance :A
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure