PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, perhaps I don't have PPI on the card then. I have had the card for 3-4 years. I have just had my loan payout, maybe I'm just getting over-excited wondering what else I can claim on! I had two old credit cards, the accounts of which I have closed now, with Mint and Barclaycard, but my credit report only shows the last 4 digits and I feel if I phone them up they may not give the information I want - full account numbers and whether I paid PPI - if they know why I want the information. Does anyone have any advice?

I noticed on my fiance's current credit card bill (MBNA) he is being charged PPI at around £40 a month!
    Is it reasonable to give a reason for mis-sell as being (a) led to believe it was compulsory at the time and that without it you felt you would not get the credit you wanted, and (b) not being advised that PPI could be bought much much cheaper on line from independent companies?

thanks
    Carly
    Hi there, they dont have to tell you could get it cheaper elsewhere.
    Get your fiance to put a claim in if any/all of the reasons for mis sell apply
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step2

With mint and Barclays,i would give them a ring and ask for the details,they may just tell you.

Try this number for Barclaycard 0845 766 0758

This for Mint
    MINT Classic Card, MINT Gold Card 0870 410 0870
    MINT Platinum Card 0870 908 0000
    Customer service address
    MINT,
    Customer Service Centre,
    PO BOX 5747,
    Southend-on-Sea,
    SS1 9AJ
    Hope this helps.
  • Egg_Chaser_12
    Options
    1st Loan - Can't Remember before consolidating with the 2nd Loan.
    2nd Loan - Total Loan = £8,029.00
    Repayment to old loan= £4653.71
    PPI = £1,329.00
    9% APR
    48 Monthly Payments = £198.38 PPIwas £32.84 of this.
    Paid nine monthly installments till going to 3rd
    3rd Loan - Total Loan = £18,784.00
    Repayment to old loan= £6355.28
    PPI = £3,784.00
    7.8% APR
    84 Monthly Payments = £288.42 PPIwas £58.11 of this.
    Paid 74 monthly installments up till now
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    dp20 wrote: »
    hi
    just wondered if anyone has an email address for tsb

thanks
    Hi there, the only way you can email TSB is if you do online banking with them.
  • The_Devil_In_Diamante
    Options
    Xanadu20 wrote: »
    Hey, when did they confirm payment dates ? I recieived my offer 2nd of August, Interest up to the 20th. But they have told me in could be after the 7th of September.

Rich

My interest was calculated up to the 25th August. After I received the letter I phoned them to ask when they would be paying out....they told me it would go in on the date it was calculated up to. Maybe it won't go in tomorrow but I shall expect interest to be calculated on every day over they go....

I'm like a dog with a bone when I set my mind to something and TBH they could pay out straight away.

I claimed back from a Post Office Loan through the Bank Of Ireland a few years back and they just sent me a cheque with the offer letter saying to send it back if I wanted to dispute it, i guess that's the best way for them to get rid of you and not ask for more....I suppose I should've but I was happy to get anything......:D
  • Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Sophieh wrote: »
    Hi and thanks for the reply. The PPI was cancelled anyway in 2009.:eek: But when I spoke to GE Money yesterday, they specifically said that the PPI was added to the loan at the start & that the whole amount was spread over the 180 months. They also clarified that unless someone (ie ME or loans.co.uk) pay GE the 8100 + interest, then the loan remains the same, (payments & balance). And as we are not planning to do that - who will be?? Surely loans.co.uk will not refund the premium + interest twice?? That's the bit I just don't get, cant get me head round it at all! :eek:

Did not see the original post just the figures and assumed ppi still being paid. This will effect the figures I have given you. You cancelled the ppi did you get a payment taken off the loan as a rebate?

Things are becoming cleare now.

I will rejig the fig

This is why we need a sticky on calculations you miss posts because this forum is so active

N:beer:
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    nikkilala wrote: »
    OMG so excited again:T:T:T:T:T Oh has just had a cheque from MBNA for £5452!!!!! for PPi on cc. He put it with BT without telling me at the beginning of the year and I phoned them last week and said as they hadnt done anything we would take it back and do it ourselves. They agreed I could but obviously they had just been sitting on the payout as it we now have it. He's a bit gutted that he paid fees but I'm currently doing all his others so so far since last friday that's £2800 from LLoyds for me and £5452 for him, OH happy days and I feel a holiday looming. My DS thinks we have gone mad as we've just done a celebration dance around the office:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Will properly post all the details when I calm down,Thanks guys:T:T:T

:j:j:jyey!!! well done guys :T:T:Txx
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    MrsShrek wrote: »
    Just a quickie to say thank you for all the fab advice on this board. I received a letter from Halifax on Saturday saying they were upholding my PPI claim on both my loan and CC.

I put the claim in mid May and was due a response by beginning of September.

I haven't got figures yet, but have signed the acceptance and sent it back. The letter says once they receive the accpetance they will write again with figures and let me know when they will pay out.

So thanks again....you are all stars! :T:T:T

well done :T:T:T:T:Txx
  • carlyberyl
    carlyberyl Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all...

Please could someone tell me if companies legally have to hold your information on file for at least 6 years? having a nightmare with sygma!!

Thankyou and well done to all who have managed to successfully claim
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    tifosi wrote: »
    So, this "HBOS" right, well, ya see..................

:D

D'oh!

So sorry to all who got messed up by my "Blonde moment" (and also sorry to any Blondes that might offend!)

:rotfl:

lmao, sorry could not help but laugh :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Blonde moments, that's me pmsl :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Katinkka wrote: »
    Well I found out that both the brokers and insurance company that sold me the ppi are in liquidation and so I called the FSCS who also told me that I can't claim as it was sold before January 2005. IT seems so unfair! I am pretty devastated about it and can't understand why so many other people seem to get their money back when they took out their polices before us.

It was sold to us in May 2004 for single premium of £3060 for only 5 years cover of the 22yr loan.

Woe! I should have known better than to get my hopes up.

Hello there

Try not to worry, but please do you mind posting up who the company are?
    I am in the same situation and the FOS are investigating the underwriter/insurer direction as they would also have part liabilities of having a agent relationship with the broker/lender.

I would now call the FOS and see what they suggest for you, it should be the same avenue, good luck and please let us know.

Cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport