PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Riggsy1367
    Riggsy1367 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    waterbaby2 wrote: »
    We’ve just discovered some old loans and credit cards via a credit report, so I’ve been trying to find out if any of them had PPI added.

Frustratingly, one of the loans, with First National (now owned by GE Money), finished just over 6 years ago, ie the 6 years was up about 12 days before I contacted them...we only had the last 4 digits of the reference number (as this was on the credit report), and they say they can’t find any information without the full account number. Now, we had also given them the full address at the time, the exact start and end dates of the loan, date of birth, and my OH has a very unusual name, so it’s very unlikely there’d be 2 of them....surely this should be enough? I don’t know what to do next..we’ve no paperwork, our current account (elsewhere) doesn’t show old loan account numbers, we don’t know if there was PPI or not, and I’m guessing they could now claim they’ve destroyed all the paperwork anyway in the three weeks since the 6 year deadline was up?

I’ve also had the same thing from Barclaycard - that they can’t find our old credit card details without the full account number (we gave them the same info as above), but at least that card was only closed 5 years ago, so they should still have something on file if we can just get to it...:(

Any suggestions very gratefully received please ?
    x

Go back to the credit report company and tell them you would like the FN and Barclaycard accounts removing from your file. They will then get in touch with FN and B/C who will probably miraculously find your account numbers and write to you with the full numbers to say you can't remove them. Et viola, you now have the required account numbers!

With thanks to an earlier poster (maybe IANC) for this invaluable help :-))
    :beer:
  • nikkilala_2
    nikkilala_2 Posts: 9,872 Forumite
    Options
    OMG so excited again:T:T:T:T:T Oh has just had a cheque from MBNA for £5452!!!!! for PPi on cc. He put it with BT without telling me at the beginning of the year and I phoned them last week and said as they hadnt done anything we would take it back and do it ourselves. They agreed I could but obviously they had just been sitting on the payout as it we now have it. He's a bit gutted that he paid fees but I'm currently doing all his others so so far since last friday that's £2800 from LLoyds for me and £5452 for him, OH happy days and I feel a holiday looming. My DS thinks we have gone mad as we've just done a celebration dance around the office:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Will properly post all the details when I calm down,Thanks guys:T:T:T
    Beware!!!! Glitching is addictive:rotfl:
  • Riggsy1367
    Riggsy1367 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, as previously posted I found out last week my claim has been successful. My fiance would now like to claim for his (he didn't previously as we never expected anything to come of my claim). He banked with Alliance and Leicester and that is who his loans have been with, but they are now Santander - is it Santander he claims from now? Also, I'm a bit confused about the deadline of 31st August - can claims still be made after this time or it is too late?

Yup, Santander now. Don't worry about the deadline - this was a point where any claims received by the banks between certain dates had to be resolved. Don't know if they'll make them anyway!!!
    Good luck.
    :beer:
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    nikkilala wrote: »
    OMG so excited again:T:T:T:T:T Oh has just had a cheque from MBNA for £5452!!!!! for PPi on cc. He put it with BT without telling me at the beginning of the year and I phoned them last week and said as they hadnt done anything we would take it back and do it ourselves. They agreed I could but obviously they had just been sitting on the payout as it we now have it. He's a bit gutted that he paid fees but I'm currently doing all his others so so far since last friday that's £2800 from LLoyds for me and £5452 for him, OH happy days and I feel a holiday looming. My DS thinks we have gone mad as we've just done a celebration dance around the office:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Will properly post all the details when I calm down,Thanks guys:T:T:T
    :rotfl::j:beer: HaHa HAPPY DAYS, WELL DONE :beer::j:rotfl:
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: Loan PPi

Who was the provider: EGG

How much did you get back: £2600

Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: I helped my brother complain about his PPi on a Egg loan from 2003, Sent off questionnaire & he got back off holiday to a upheld letter & cheque from Egg! took about 4-5 weeks :D. Result one happy brother :rotfl:
    :j:j:jBrilliant news :beer: hope he treats you :D
  • amersall
    Options
    Hi, as previously posted I found out last week my claim has been successful. My fiance would now like to claim for his (he didn't previously as we never expected anything to come of my claim). He banked with Alliance and Leicester and that is who his loans have been with, but they are now Santander - is it Santander he claims from now? Also, I'm a bit confused about the deadline of 31st August - can claims still be made after this time or it is too late?
    Hi there,there is no limit (yet) if you have the account number then give them a ring and they will do it over the phone,dont forget to have the reasons for mis sell handy.

0845 600 6014
  • amersall
    Options
    nikkilala wrote: »
    :j:j:j:jAb Fab :T:T:T:T:T
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    :j:j:jBrilliant news :beer: hope he treats you :D

Thanks Hun :D

he is getting married next year so i'll not charge him a fee :eek:

thanks for all your help & same to the rest of the crew ;)
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • amersall
    Options
    Thanks Hun :D

he is getting married next year so i'll not charge him a fee :eek:

thanks for all your help & same to the rest of the crew ;)
    You are very welcome x :D
  • LynK_3
    LynK_3 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Riggsy1367 wrote: »
    Go back to the credit report company and tell them you would like the FN and Barclaycard accounts removing from your file. They will then get in touch with FN and B/C who will probably miraculously find your account numbers and write to you with the full numbers to say you can't remove them. Et viola, you now have the required account numbers!

With thanks to an earlier poster (maybe IANC) for this invaluable help :-))

Just watch with this as I did exactly this and they removed it from my file without giving me the account number.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback