PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• LynK_3
    LynK_3 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    Look at this,they will help you if you are not able to get the information on your account from the bank.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Thanks, just rang Santander they told me I have to send a SAR to each department, eg loans, credit cards, mortgage etc. So it could prove quite a costly business as it is all in joint names so it's £20 each time. Is this right, surely its the one company and they should have all my details collectively.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    patricia50 wrote: »
    Morning all,
    Post came early today (first time in ages) There was a letter upholding one of my ppi claims on a Lloyds credit card. I have one more claimed for at the same time. The letter said they were upholding my claim OMG.!!!!!!! What I would like some help with is does this sound right, they say they will refund all ppi payments paid inclusive of interest plus 8% for any period where the account was in credit. They also say that as they hold no info on this past 6 years they make an assumption on the way I used my card. Hopefully other letter will come this week also. Just wanted to check this seems right before I send back my acceptance - Happy days!!!
    :jWell done :j
    You will get full redress as stated in the letter,get it sent back!!! x.
  • patricia50
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    :jWell done :j
    You will get full redress as stated in the letter,get it sent back!!! x.

Thanks Amersall, will send it back recorded delivery this morning. :j:j:j:j
    Thanks again to everyone on here. Much appreciated.:A
  • amersall
    Options
    LynK wrote: »
    Thanks, just rang Santander they told me I have to send a SAR to each department, eg loans, credit cards, mortgage etc. So it could prove quite a costly business as it is all in joint names so it's £20 each time. Is this right, surely its the one company and they should have all my details collectively.
    Hi there,as these are in joint names,you should be able to do one SAR for each department with both names,as the account number will be the same.
    Just had a thought,not including the mortgage,are you second named holder of your hubbys cards and vice versus?,if so you only need to SAR the main account holder.
  • amersall
    Options
    Thanks Amersall, will send it back recorded delivery this morning. :j:j:j:j
    Thanks again to everyone on here. Much appreciated.:A
    You are most welcome x.
  • amersall
    Options
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    My PPI reclaiming journey started back in March. This morning I recieved a letter from Lloyds TSB confirming that they are are upholding my complaint in regards to PPI on my credit card (well done for doing the right thing Lloyds). I will be recieving the grand sum of £1,424.34 :j:D Which is a lot more than I was expecting (awaiting detailed breakdown)! I nearly fell out of my chair!

Di & amersall, I'd especially like to thank you for all your advice and support. You both deserve medals! There are also many others who deserve recognition such as cappo, The Marksman, Niggly (the human calculator ;)) and various others. Above all, thank you Martin Lewis for highlighting this issue :beer:
    Now awaiting the final decision on my Loan Protection Insurance which was also with Lloyds TSB.

I hope that the floodgates for upheld claims are now well and truely open. Especially looking forward to seeing more Lloyds TSB successes.
    :j:j:j:j Brilliant :beer: well done :j:j:j
    And you are very welcome xx.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,
    Post came early today (first time in ages) There was a letter upholding one of my ppi claims on a Lloyds credit card. I have one more claimed for at the same time. The letter said they were upholding my claim OMG.!!!!!!! What I would like some help with is does this sound right, they say they will refund all ppi payments paid inclusive of interest plus 8% for any period where the account was in credit. They also say that as they hold no info on this past 6 years they make an assumption on the way I used my card. Hopefully other letter will come this week also. Just wanted to check this seems right before I send back my acceptance - Happy days!!!
    :j:jCongratulations, they sound as if they are quoting your redress accureately in regards to what they are supposed to pay back. Well done.:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • precious12
    Options
    ThunderCat wrote: »
    My PPI reclaiming journey started back in March. This morning I recieved a letter from Lloyds TSB confirming that they are are upholding my complaint in regards to PPI on my credit card (well done for doing the right thing Lloyds). I will be recieving the grand sum of £1,424.34 :j:D Which is a lot more than I was expecting (awaiting detailed breakdown)! I nearly fell out of my chair!

Di & amersall, I'd especially like to thank you for all your advice and support. You both deserve medals! There are also many others who deserve recognition such as cappo, The Marksman, Niggly (the human calculator ;)) and various others. Above all, thank you Martin Lewis for highlighting this issue :beer:
    Now awaiting the final decision on my Loan Protection Insurance which was also with Lloyds TSB.

I hope that the floodgates for upheld claims are now well and truely open. Especially looking forward to seeing more Lloyds TSB successes.

well done to you received my payment into bank account yesterday spot on 28 days from my upheld letter really happy:rotfl: lloyds seems to working flat out now to hit deadline there has been alot of successes over the last few days there was even one for 6 may posted on here im waiting for 2 CC which was submitted on the 19 may should here response hopefully by 8 september:beer:
  • loopyloz84
    Options
    Hi Guys

Apologies in advance for the long post - this is a copy of the email I've sent through to MBNA asking them to reconsider their decision to not uphold my complaint. Any thoughts?

To Whom It May Concern

Your Ref: *****

Account: ****************

Thank you for your letter dated 5th August 2011, which I received after contacting the customer advocate team and discovering that correspondance regarding my complaint was being sent to an old address you had on your system.

Obviously I am disappointed that my complaint has not been upheld and I appreciate that you have advised I can take my complaint further with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

However, before doing this, I would like to give you the opportunity to reconsider your decision on the basis of the points below:
    1. In your letter you have referred to the fact that I "ticked the box" to agree to take out Payment Protection Insurance and as a result you are satisfied that I actively chose to purchase PPI and understood that it was optional when I did so. As part of my initial complaint, I didn't question that I had agreed to take the policy out, however, the FSA document PS10/12 Appendix 1 Final Handbook Text paragraph 3.3.5 states that "the firm should not reject a complainant's account of events solely on the basis that the complaintant signed documentation relevant to the purchase of the policy" - Your response seems to contradict this guidance as you are basing your decision on the fact that I "ticked the box"
    2. In your letter you also state that I was eligible for the cover and that I have not provided any evidence that I had any other adequate means of protecting my repayments in the event of prolonged sickness or unemployment and on that basis you believe I would still have purchased the policy - At no point in time have I been asked to provide any evidence in relation to employment benefits I was in receipt of at the time, and therefore how can you assume that I would have taken the policy out.
    In my inital complaint, I also referred to the fact that at no point in time was it commmunicated that PPI cover could be purchased from a third party and that I would've been able to protect my repayments with anyone other than yourselves - this point has not been addressed in your response.

In addition to my initial complain, I would also like to take this opportunity to raise an additional concern (after reviewing my signed agreement and the terms and conditions of the PPI policy which I received with your letter):
    1. Your terms and conditions in relation to Scheme Number 22002J228V states that "The cost of this insurance is 79p per £100 of your monthly statement balance (including your insurance premium) and includes Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate" - No where in the terms and conditions of the policy does it state that this insurance cost is also subject to compounded interest at the card's apr rate if the balance is not cleared in full each month, therefore the true cost of the policy was not communicated. The FSA document PS10/12 Appendix 1 Final Handbook Text paragraph 3.6.2(8) states "In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the firm should presume that the complaintant would not have bought the payment protection contract he bought if the sale was substantially flawed, for example where the firm - did not disclose to the complaintant, in good time before the sale was concluded, and in a way which was fair, clear and not misleading, the total (not just monthly) cost of the policy separately from any other prices (or the basis for calculating it so that the complaintant could verify it)" - In my opinion, the true cost of the PPI cover was not communicated in the fair, clear and not misleading way.
    I appreciate that you are extremely busy dealing with complaints at this time, however, as 11 weeks had passed before you issued a response to my complaint, which went beyond the 8 week timeframe set by the FOS, I would politely request a response within 14 days from the date of this email (23rd August, 2011), at which point I will forward my complaint to the FOS if I receive no communication from you.

Kind regards
    Nationwide Loan - Success - £2,596.24 - 8 weeks Egg CC - Success - £99.51 - 2 weeks Lloyds CC - Success - £1,151.27 - 16 weeks & 2 days
    Lloyds Loan - Success - £186.17 -Waiting for payment Virgin CC - Rejected - but 23 days into re-opened complaint - update overdue
  • DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done to today's winners :beer: It's not even 11am yet and already there are people celebrating some great news, fantastic :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback