PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    hi sunny, yeah it was carol who emailed first for more info, then she phoned the OH and told her that an offer was being prepared and would be in the post in the next couple of days, we're allowing to the end of this week as it seems to be taking their mail about 6/7 days to reach us, certainly from the date on their letter.

Wow, thats fab smitchy, just shows what an email can do...i banked with them for years, i can remember when the bank charges were in full swing & i had a fight with them, at the end they were breaking down & offered me a goodwill gesture of £200, then their charges were upheld & i got nothing after all of that:(:( They seem hard to battle so BIG BIG congrats to you & your oh for winning your battle with them, please let me know how you's get on as it will keep me going too:T:T
    Is it 16 weeks your claim has been in smitchy? xx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    taren wrote: »
    I am soooo H.A.P.P.Y for you - awesome news well done !!!!

Thank you Taren...with not receiving a letter though i really want to ring them back again & just double check!!lol:j:j i just cant believe it!
    I never slept all night thinking about it:rotfl:, good job im on holiday this week!! :Dxx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    Good luck to all winners today :-) :-) xx
  • mumofjanda
    mumofjanda Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    JUst a quickie before I go to work!

Can you please help me with wording in a letter to get across my point that a single PPI premium upfront on a loan is wrong!

Thanks everyone!

Good Luck today!!
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Wow, thats fab smitchy, just shows what an email can do...i banked with them for years, i can remember when the bank charges were in full swing & i had a fight with them, at the end they were breaking down & offered me a goodwill gesture of £200, then their charges were upheld & i got nothing after all of that:(:( They seem hard to battle so BIG BIG congrats to you & your oh for winning your battle with them, please let me know how you's get on as it will keep me going too:T:T
    Is it 16 weeks your claim has been in smitchy? xx
    Hi Sunny,
    Yeah we were the same we banked with them together since well, we've been together which is nearly 12 years, but oh has been with them since she was a kid. We put in the firs complaint a couple of years ago and they rejected the complaint, and we did the worst case by not going to FOS or going back to them with more info, then the JR came and we had a little bit of hope raised, then we re-looked at our original complaint and we hadn't put in about medical reasons, so we raised a new complaint and it seems to have been succesful, but we'll wait and see what the offer is.
    We moved banks when we raised the first complaint, but I actually find them better than HBOS now that we've been away from them, we still have accounts, and I've still got a loan with them, and no, there's no ppi on it.
    We'll wait till it's all cleared up and take it from there, also have 5 loan ppi complaints in with RBS and a CC with HBOS, still got a while to run with these, mid-october for rbs and late october for hbos, could be a good christmas(not).:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mumofjanda wrote: »

Can you please help me with wording in a letter to get across my point that a single PPI premium upfront on a loan is wrong!

Thanks everyone!

Good Luck today!!

mumofjanda,

Not too sure about the actual wording of the whole of letter, but quoting these two parts of the FSA Final Handbook Guidance from Policy Statement 10/12. Some of the others may have an idea of the letter contents.:D

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold]3.6 Determining the effect of a breach or failing
    [/FONT]
    (9) recommended a single premium [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]payment protection contract [/FONT]without
    taking reasonable steps, where the
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy [/FONT]did not have a pro-rata refund,
    to establish whether there was a prospect that the complainant would
    repay or refinance the loan before the end of the term; or

(12) in a sale of a single premium [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]payment protection contract, failed to
    disclose to the complainant, in good time before the sale was concluded,
    and in a way that was fair, clear and not misleading:
    (a) that the premium would be added to the amount provided under the
    credit agreement, that interest would be payable on the premium
    and the amount of that interest; or
    (b) (if applicable) that the term of the cover was shorter than the term
    of the credit agreement and the consequences of that mismatch; or
    (c) (if applicable) that the complainant would not receive a pro-rata
    refund if the complainant were to repay or refinance the loan or
    otherwise cancel the single premium
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]policy [/FONT]after the cooling-off
    period.

Hope this helps.
    [/FONT]
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 23 August 2011 at 9:22AM
    Options
    mumofjanda wrote: »

Thanks everyone!

Good Luck today!!
    Hi there, quote what Smitchy has put and also, that this insurance was put on at the start of the loan and accrued interest over the loan term,you think this is unfair as it is in effect another loan.
    You do not believe that you were given enough information regarding the true cost of this ppi to make an informed decision, had you been given the true cost,you would not have taken this ppi.
  • DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rae115 wrote: »
    told you im gonna splash out...

got my cheq today for £9.42 yeah and its all mine (LOL)
    :beer: Provided it's more than you spent on stamps / phone calls then you're in profit :beer:
  • patricia50
    patricia50 Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,
    Post came early today (first time in ages) There was a letter upholding one of my ppi claims on a Lloyds credit card. I have one more claimed for at the same time. The letter said they were upholding my claim OMG.!!!!!!! What I would like some help with is does this sound right, they say they will refund all ppi payments paid inclusive of interest plus 8% for any period where the account was in credit. They also say that as they hold no info on this past 6 years they make an assumption on the way I used my card. Hopefully other letter will come this week also. Just wanted to check this seems right before I send back my acceptance - Happy days!!!
  • ThunderCat
    ThunderCat Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My PPI reclaiming journey started back in March. This morning I recieved a letter from Lloyds TSB confirming that they are are upholding my complaint in regards to PPI on my credit card (well done for doing the right thing Lloyds). I will be recieving the grand sum of £1,424.34 :j:D Which is a lot more than I was expecting (awaiting detailed breakdown)! I nearly fell out of my chair!

Di & amersall, I'd especially like to thank you for all your advice and support. You both deserve medals! There are also many others who deserve recognition such as cappo, The Marksman, Niggly (the human calculator ;)) and various others. Above all, thank you Martin Lewis for highlighting this issue :beer:
    Now awaiting the final decision on my Loan Protection Insurance which was also with Lloyds TSB.

I hope that the floodgates for upheld claims are now well and truely open. Especially looking forward to seeing more Lloyds TSB successes.
    2018 wins: Hong Kong holiday
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure