PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• precious12 wrote: »
    well done to you received my payment into bank account yesterday spot on 28 days from my upheld letter really happy:rotfl: lloyds seems to working flat out now to hit deadline there has been alot of successes over the last few days there was even one for 6 may posted on here im waiting for 2 CC which was submitted on the 19 may should here response hopefully by 8 september:beer:

curiosity got the better of me just rang them and they told me an offer letter has been sent out to me on 21 august just stating whether i will be happy with how the calculations wiil be worked out to sign the acceptance slip and they will go ahead with the calculations and process the refund dont know how much to expect i no longer have any paperwork or use any of the cards so i'll be happy with anything :beer::beer:
  • Niggly wrote: »
    Okay best have the loan amount as well then
    First plus by any chance?:rotfl:

N:beer:

Haha - actually no - GE Money! Brokers are Loans.co.uk. Secured loan as well! Are you about now for the afternoon? Was gonna try ringing them in a bit to get this info over the phone from them! (Not that I'm an impatient sod at ALL!) lol :D
    Keep Smiling :D - It makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
  • themass
    themass Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    The FOS are confusing me now,, they have received my documents but state
    We have safely received the complaint form and the copy of the final response from Norton Financial Services; however we have not received the payment protection consumer questionnaire. This is required in addition to the complaint form.
    is this not the same thing
  • andydan
    andydan Posts: 20 Forumite
    GOOD NEWS RBS CC!!!!

Well ,well,well its been a long haul but worth the wait and I hope it inspires everyone out there too keep up the fight.

I tried to claim my PPI from a rbs credit card nearly 2 years ago,but was refused so I sent off all details to the FOS. This was maybe 18months ago!! However the adjudicator decided to rule in favour of the RBS. Not put off I asked for my case to be seen by the obudsman.
    So after all this time a letter this morning ruling on my favour,stating of have 14 days to respond to the FOS or do nothing and the bank then have 8 weeks to give me a full refund. The letter did state the RBS have already agreed to this as a goodwill gesture admitting no liability........whatever as long as i get a full refund and the interest. ALSO! there was a paragraph in the response letter stating I may be entitled to a further 1 off payment because of the time this has taken to settle. I will await the reply offer from the bank and if there is no payment then i will certainly be back in touch with them.
    So everybody out there keep up the fight. Has aybody an idea how long i can expect to wait for my exact figure from the bank? Impatient I know even after all this time .
  • Sophieh_2
    Sophieh_2 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Niggly wrote: »
    Need the following

Start date: 26.11.2004
    Loan term: 180 months
    Interest rate: 12.77% (current)
    Total monthly payment or PPI paid each month: £422.53 (includes PPI/Interest)
    Has a cashback/refund been given after 5 years: No
    Loan AMount: £30,000.00 loan + £8,100.00 PPI = £38,100.00

Thanks N

Ok just spoken to GE & obtained all of the above info! Grateful if you could advise a rough idea of what we can expect to get back? Thanks very muchly! :cool:
    Keep Smiling :D - It makes people wonder what you're up to!!!
  • Success!

My wife sent the first letter off in August last year. Nearly a year to the date, we recieved a letter saying our claim was being upheld and a settlement figure would be with us in upto 4 weeks!

Claiming against HSBC for 4 loans worth of PPI totalling £3740 ish, some dating back to 2004/5!

Anyone know if HSBC are being tight with payments or actually paying what is owed including interest?

Rusty
  • di3004 wrote: »
    Hiya

It does sound that way, and the FSA have also brought this ruling out, you could though contact them to make sure, they should be able to confirm. ;)

Hi Di

Thank you, I've just phoned them and although they couldn't confirm exact details they did say it was to do with my loans and they are under investigation. The Clydesdale are using the FSA 8 weeks guidelines and will send a letter out every 4 weeks to let me know what is going on.

Thanks again

Tiny Terror
  • I downloaded your letter templates in early 2008 and wrote to Egg for loans I had with them in 2003 through 2005. They wrote back in April saying that they did not believe it had been missold. I considered it dead and filed the letters away.

After the recent decision by the banks, my wife nagged me to look at it again. I downloaded your 2nd letter and a week and a half ago I sent it off with reference to their April 08 reply.

This morning Egg accepted fault and sent me 2 cheques totalling £4,750.

Many thanks Martin

PS I am waiting on a loans.co.uk response relating to a First Plus second mortage.
  • Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Sophieh wrote: »
    Haha - actually no - GE Money! Brokers are Loans.co.uk. Secured loan as well! Are you about now for the afternoon? Was gonna try ringing them in a bit to get this info over the phone from them! (Not that I'm an impatient sod at ALL!) lol :D

Yes in all day

N
  • Does anyone have email address for bank of ireland mortgages. I want to see if i can make a claim on this one. Many thanks in advace xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback