PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Thank you missy!! Had a loan with them some time ago & i know i always take PPI..going to give it a go!! Have you not heard from your on going one? was it with welcome? xx

Hi hon

I've not had dealings with Welcome myself, I do have an ongoing one with the FOS in regards of the underwriter though.;)

The best of luck on yours sunny, please keep us posted. x:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • evie_g_2
    evie_g_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi

If you have an online account with these, then you can email them.
    http://www.capitalone.co.uk/support/contact-us.jsf

You may be able to register, good luck.;)

Thanks Di. Card was paid off and account closed over a year ago. Have already gone to FOS with complaint but adjudicator found in Capital One's favour. I asked for an ombudsman to look at the case but am told it could take another year just to be allocated, so was hoping to try approaching the CEO of Capital One to see if it would make any difference.
  • di3004
    Options
    evie_g wrote: »
    Thanks Di. Card was paid off and account closed over a year ago. Have already gone to FOS with complaint but adjudicator found in Capital One's favour. I asked for an ombudsman to look at the case but am told it could take another year just to be allocated, so was hoping to try approaching the CEO of Capital One to see if it would make any difference.

Sorry to hear this evie, well lets hope you get better luck with the ombudsman, and I am in the same position as you as well with one of mine, its been with them for 2-3 years already and the adjudicator have basically messed up, so I asked for a review even though as we do get the opportunity anyway, fingers crossed for you honey x;)
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    galei wrote: »
    Thanks for that Amersal

galei
    You are very welcome x. Good luck.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad your back Niggly :A:A
  • evie_g_2
    evie_g_2 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this evie, well lets hope you get better luck with the ombudsman, and I am in the same position as you as well with one of mine, its been with them for 2-3 years already and the adjudicator have basically messed up, so I asked for a review even though as we do get the opportunity anyway, fingers crossed for you honey x;)

Thanks Di x

I see that most people posting about Capital One seem to have their claims rejected by FOS and can't understand why this should be. Has anyone had success with asking for an ombudsman to look at it again after an adjudicator has turned it down?
  • sorryitsme
    Options
    Hi all, I have a query is overdraft protection and PPI the same thing?
    Mortgage Feb 2015 £178,500 END 2043!!

MFW 2015 £100 /£1000

Watch this space, my MF end date will tumble!!
  • di3004
    Options
    evie_g wrote: »
    Thanks Di x

I see that most people posting about Capital One seem to have their claims rejected by FOS and can't understand why this should be. Has anyone had success with asking for an ombudsman to look at it again after an adjudicator has turned it down?

Your welcome evie.;)
    Its known decisions can be overturned, so keeping our fingers crossed for you and everyone else in the same position, yes I heard Cap One are very difficult! xx
  • di3004
    Options
    sorryitsme wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a query is overdraft protection and PPI the same thing?

Hiya

To what I know of, yes it is.;) Unless someone else can clarify on this one, no harm in giving it a go on the reclaiming.
    Good luck.
  • ww9066
    ww9066 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    My word this has been a very long journey. So long that this almost doesn't feel like a victory. I know it is, but still...

First complaint to Lloyds in March 2008, on PPI sold on a Credit Card whilst I was postgrad student, was told my stipend was considered a salary - until I tried to claim 3 years later when told it was not a salary at all). To FOS in June 2008. Adjudicator (not a full obudsman) found in my favour in October 2009, this was rejected by Lloyds, and back into the queue for an Obudsman I went.

Finally last month heard they would pay.

I had, by the time of my complaint, paid off the card with a loan (no PPI) from another bank, and am disappointed because I feel their stalling has meant they can continue to get interest, for three-and-a-half years on my student overdraft in the meantime. I've been made redundant twice in the last three years, so really stuggled to make a dent in this. Brought this up with the FOS who said because this was a seperate account there was nothing they could do.

Still, £2408.15 is way better than nothing, but given I've paid more than £1000 in interest on my student overdraft in the last four years, I can't help but feel they've still won. Oh well.

Keep fighting everyone. Don't let them drag you down.

Bill
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure