We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• boycey01
    boycey01 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :rotfl::j:beer: WELL DONE :beer::j:rotfl:

ps. your not Tony & Paul are you?

Who's Tony and Paul???
    Well for one i'm female! Lol
  • galei
    galei Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that Amersal

galei
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Daddyswede wrote: »
    Morning all,

Following yesterday's debacle with Halifax, I'm pleased to report another success, this time with MBNA!

MBNA have agreed to refund in full £1,797.19.

Again, a huge thank you to Martin and the team and everyone on here for their encouragement, support and advice.

One downer though is that Mrs Daddyswede had a credit card from MBNA in exactly the same circumstances and her claim has been rejected, so it's off to the F.O.S.!

NEVER GIVE UP!

Have a great weekend

Daddyswede

Brilliant!:T:j Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Welcome back Niggly

Hope you had a fab holiday.:j:j
  • debtgrenade
    Options
    tifosi wrote: »
    Hmm

Quite difficult to be accurate due to the lack of known premium for the PPI on the 2nd loan, but I'll have a go with an estimated premium of £1,600 (this is based on percentages by looking at the premium on the first loan)

But the early settlement of both loans would also give reason to be unsure as we cant see from your figures if they gave you a rebate on the PPI each time you settled early?

So, ignoring the above (for now)

Loan 1

£1330.49+£1,000.51 (the portion of the interest charge made on the PPI premium)

= £2,331.00

£2,331.00 X 8% X 7 years = £1,305.87

So total payment for loan 1 should be (approx. !) £3,336.87

Loan 2

PPI Premium £1,600 (approx) + £1,203.92 (interest charged on PPI approx) =

£2,803.92

£2,803.92 x 8% x 7 years = £1241.41

So total payment for loan 1 should be (approx. !) £4044.33

Again, figures given above make no allowance for the fact you repaid each loan early, so if a rebate was given on the PPI each time you settled this will have a major impact on the above calculations

They are also based on being able to claim the 8% compensatory interest from the dates the interest and premium were first applied (the date you took each loan)

TIFOSI thank you very much for this.I totally appreciate the grey areas caused by the effect of early payment in each of the two loan cases. but your calculations will help me to estimate a rough ball-park figure to expect, which is exactly what i needed. Thanks a lot, very helpful indeed. Lets hope it all works out.
    I NEED TO BUY AN ENGAGEMENT RING...BUT NOT WITH BORROWED MONEY
  • di3004
    Options
    GazMan wrote: »
    Just had a letter from the Halifax offering me a refund, interest and 8% interest on PPI for a loan I had £6800 !!! They even refunded PPI paid on a previous loan that had been closed.

That is great!:T:j Well done and Congratulations!:beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    Lisa9982 wrote: »
    My letter arrived today from Natwest/RBS - Full refund of all premiums paid!!!! :j:j:j:j Offer is £3158.05!

Thankyou so much everyone for all your kind words and assistance!! :D

One thing though, they said in the letter 'in addition to the above we will also add consolidated interest accrued which will be credited to you on acceptance, although generally this is relatively small compared to the above offer.'

Anyone know what this is at all?

Also, does anyone know how I can get hold of my credit history? Will a credit report show who I've had previous credit cards with? I know I've had Egg/Virgin/RBS in the past but I don't have any of the statements for those. Will they only go back 6 years on statements if I request them?

On the declaration I have to sign and send back it says 'I understand the money will be paid to me by cheque. I understand the money will be applied to my current account.' That is slightly confusing - if they paid me by cheque, surely it could go in any account I wanted. Also, there is no mention about the money being credited to my loan (which is still current) - surely it makes sense to knock it off the end of my loan and re-do my loan repayments?

Well done to you Lisa :T & Congratulations!:beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    traz39 wrote: »
    anyone give me any ideas what to write in this letter plsssssssssss#

Hi

Complete the reclaim questionnaire as on step 3 below and take a photo copy of the letter you received from the other business, make a point in the questionnaire that you enclose a copy of the letter from the other business that confirmed that it's these that you have to pursue.;)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3
  • di3004
    Options
    galei wrote: »
    Does anyone have the e-mail address for the C.E.O. OF F.O.S.

i have had a claim in with fos for 2 years and last week they wrote back after all this time to say they did not cover the beneficial bank then,Why has it taken all that time to find out what they could have found out in one day
    They say they will try the insurance company now, but i feel i should have a word with the C.E.O.

GALEI

Hi

Ask them to forward your email to the Chief Executive Natalie Ceeney I think her name is...

[EMAIL="complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk"]complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk[/EMAIL]

Good luck.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Nahla32 wrote: »
    :j:jHello this is my first posting .
    I sent a reclaim letter to American Express on Monday this week, I had a full refund letter back today. I did not expect to be successful as I had previously claimed in 2007 and been turned down.

Hi and welcome, well done :T & Congratulations!:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family