Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    stoutman5 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
    One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
    'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you £5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!:T

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.:beer:

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan

Love it when a plan comes together :cool::cool::D:D
    My absolute pleasure xx :D:D you are very welcome x.
  • Kingerem1
    Kingerem1 Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ive had a letter to about the 6 year policy but mine was from 1999 and paid off 2000 so if what they say is correct they win.... boo

but yours is well within 6 years ending in 2010 i would have thought. i also had a loan with egg in 2002 ending 2007 which they upheld and both reasons on my two loans for mis-sell were the same so it seems they are not being very fair or consistant with their investigations or reasons to reject complaints :(

Yes totally. That's what is annoying me really the very fact that there isn't any consistency to the way they are dealing with each case. But also someone else on here (can't remember who) pointed out that the 6 years is only from the time that you first became aware that you may have been miss sold so I would have thought that yours would be well within that too.
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    IANC wrote: »
    Only if you is a batty boy. He was called Davey IIRC ;)

I just figured Friday was Dolphin pic day :D

Reminds me of happy times and I have that Crunchy feeling.

pmsl, lucky for me mine was a chick :D

thank crunchy it is friday :D
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i emailed mr odoherty before i went to work today to find out if there were any updates on my husbands cc, got an email back from Mark Pierce to say he was actually dealing with this case and my husbands complaint has been upheld! We are so delighted!! He didn't say how much he would get back, so have emailed back to ask how much the refund is for and will the amount come off the balance or will he receive a cheque. Will let you know when he emails us back:beer::j:D:rotfl:

What a lovely surprise to wake up to :j well done and Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks so so much to Amersall and Di for all your support!! You have kept us going when we were thinking of giving up hope of ever getting anything back. Love you guy's!!!! xxx
    :DLove you right back xx :D:D
    My pleasure x.
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks so so much to Amersall and Di for all your support!! You have kept us going when we were thinking of giving up hope of ever getting anything back. Love you guy's!!!! xxx

Your very very welcome, we love to help, it give us so much pleasure to see you all get your money back that you have all been deprived of, well done!:A;) xx
  • di3004
    Options
    jolfc wrote: »
    Has anyone got an email address for someone quite high up at the Halifax, maybe the ceo. I am sure it has been posted before, but I cant find it, :D

Hiya

I'm sure its the same one as Lloyds, try it here.....

CEO

[EMAIL="antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com"]antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com[/EMAIL]

Also for a quicker response, I would copy it to this one here as well....
    [EMAIL="customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk"]customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Keep at them, good luck.;)
  • The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    Kingerem1 wrote: »
    Yes totally. That's what is annoying me really the very fact that there isn't any consistency to the way they are dealing with each case. But also someone else on here (can't remember who) pointed out that the 6 years is only from the time that you first became aware that you may have been miss sold so I would have thought that yours would be well within that too.

when i stop to think, not often i might add, thats what annoying me, you wouldnt mind so much if it was consistent and a rule which was stuck too! never mind ;)

Yeah i have been informed by the ever helpful Di & Amersall of these facts too, so have sent another letter back to egg stating my findings and awaiting the knock back i guess then to the FOS and forget about it till i get a yes no from them.

fingers crossed with your complaint sounds good that they will re look into it :D
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • di3004
    Options
    gary_909 wrote: »
    A lady called Amy rang me yesterday to say they are still working on my case as it is a complex one as I had had various top up loans but it has definatley been upheld they are just trying to work out the figures so she siad she will keep me informed and let me know .Once again thanks Di for that email address or I would still be waiting:T I will post a thread when I get my figures and good luck to everyone out there keep the claims rolling in:beer:

So pleased for you Gary, quite a sum to come back then?:T:j
    Congratulations!:beer:
    And your very welcome.;)
  • di3004
    Options
    shirefolk wrote: »
    Hello,

I have put in a reclaim claim to Llloyds and have been told that it'll take 16 weeks. Does this fit with what everyone else has had to deal with?

The claim is for 2 personal loans only totalling about £2500, so not sure how much I will recieve either.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt

That is correct, the banks have been given extra time to deal with complaints due to the backlog, however you may still hear something before the 16 weeks given dealine, good luck, and please keep us posted, cheers.;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure