PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• The_Marksman
    The_Marksman Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Options
    Off to Email Halifax now. Wish me luck. So hope this is a roll im on!! Good luck X

haha good luck! you go girl ;)
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • The_Marksman
    Options
    JUST LOVE THE WORD UPHELD! It's a nice warm fuzzy feeling. Now to tackle the others. Hope they are as nice as MBNA . X

it is indeed! ;)
  • freslep
    Options
    Northern Rock have agreed to give me a total of £6.8k in past ppi payments and interest. Followed the advice on this site, it took them about 6 weeks to get back to me.
  • The_Marksman
    Options
    freslep wrote: »
    Northern Rock have agreed to give me a total of £6.8k in past ppi payments and interest. Followed the advice on this site, it took them about 6 weeks to get back to me.

:j:beer: Brilliant News & Well Done :beer::j
  • ArferDaly
    ArferDaly Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All.

Congrats to all today who got a result :j:j

I today contacted Barclays regarding a letter sent to me yesterday asking for a PPI form to be sent in.
    I pointed out that I had already done so and that is how my complaint was started,but he said the one sent to me must have a reference on it, to which I replied it did not.I then suggested they had lost my original paperwork and he said POSSIBLY.

So I have sent a new form and a copy of original and all correspondance to date.

Are they stalling or do they lose important documents on a regular basis.

Mark :mad::mad::mad:
  • Kingerem1
    Kingerem1 Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im not sure if that is the correct one or not im affraid, i just use the cro one and get a letter reply so yes id try sending them to that one too

it is [EMAIL="cro.support@egg.com"]cro.support@egg.com[/EMAIL]

yes it is just rude, to be ignored :mad: as i said with that email address they have sent out a letter to answer it and takes 3-4 days but at least you get an answer.

can i ask where you are in your complaint stage with egg

I'll try that too then.

I sent my questionnaire off on the 9th June. I had a letter back saying they were sorry I had reason to complain and that they would look into it. I then received a letter dated 30th June stating that my claim had been rejected as it was Egg's policy not to refund beyond 6 years and that I could go to the FOS if I wished.

My initial loan was taken out in 2003 and was refinanced in 2004 and I made the last payment in Jan 2010. I actually paid 2 amounts of PPI and didn't receive any details about a rebate of the PPI on the initial loan so have reason to believe that I was actually paying both till Jan 2010 when the loan was paid in full!

I rang them to say that yes the PPI was applied more than 6 years ago but I was infact paying it until Jan 2010 WITH interest. With this they said that they would 'review' my claim. They couldn't tell me how long roughly that would take and that was it. So I have no idea if they are actually 'reviewing' my claim or just wasting my time really!
  • Kingerem1
    Options
    freslep wrote: »

Brilliant news!!
  • mandy1cat
    mandy1cat Posts: 89 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2011 at 11:18AM
    Options
    The lovely Nerys phoned as promised... the number crunchers are doing their stuff to calculate what they need to cough up with regards to credit card PPI dating back to 1999 through to end 2005 (hopefully the whole period - based on PPI on balances varying between £2k and 10k)... should get details by end of next week... what's another week when you've been waiting since last November???

COMPLAINT UPHELD = WARM FUZZY FEELING
  • The_Marksman
    Options
    mandy1cat wrote: »
    The lovely Nerys phoned as promised... the number crunchers are doing their stuff to calculate what they need to cough up with regards to credit card PPI dating back to 1999 through to end 2005 (hopefully the whole period - based on PPI on balances varying between £2k and 10k)... should get details by end of next week... what's another week when you've been waiting since last November???

lol

best of luck and hope the figures give you a lasting warm fuzzy feeling :D
  • Kingerem1
    Options
    mandy1cat wrote: »

Yay! Great news! It seems that there are a fair few wins already today....brilliant start to the day!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback