PPI Reclaiming successes and failures - Page 1295

New Post Advanced Search

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

edited 6 June 2012 at 5:58PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
37.7K replies 7.7M views

Replies

• di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K posts
    Two letters received from Lloyds today via Loans-PPI.
    These were prevously held up due to the JR.

They have upheld on the 2 and these are going back from 2000 to 2001.

Success.:beer:

Cheers for the support folks x:j:j
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • themassthemass Forumite
    142 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well done Di, you really do deserve this this, congrats.
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K posts
    themass wrote: »
    Well done Di, you really do deserve this this, congrats.

Thank you so much.:beer:

I would have been surprised if they hadn't upheld to be honest, last year I made 4 successful reclaims with them which they did uphold, but still I still did get my doubts at first with these being older accounts.
    It just goes to show, no matter how old, it helped with mine because I had hold of the account numbers and know ppi was added because they never failed to apply it to all the loans and credit cards we taken out with them.
    I did not have much paperwork to these 2 either, so I am grateful for every penny.

They are not huge amounts but the interest will add up over the time.:j;)
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    16.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TommyRed wrote: »
    I was originally going to use a PPI reclaiming company, but as they charge around 30% thought I would look on here instead. Glad I did probably saved myself £1500. Followed Martin's advice and sent RBS/Natwest a letter saying I thought that they had mis-sold me PPI 8 years ago, that was at beginning of March. Received a letter back on 7th March saying they would investigate, then on 19th March outlining my concerns (ie mis-selling)they made me an offer, which I accepted. They sent an acceptance letter, which I had to sign, and paid the money into my account on the 12th May. I went on holiday for a week on the 12th and wasn't aware it had been paid in until I returned. Happy Days :T
    :beer: Another one bites the dust :D:D:D:D:money:

• amersallamersall Forumite
    16.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Di :A:A
    About Bl**Dy time :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

• phillmarshphillmarsh Forumite
    10 posts
    Thank you Moneysavingexpert.com for your help:beer:

I sent my Letter to Cahoot 2 weeks ago and today I have had a letter confriming, that they will be paying me the full premiums back.

Below is a copy of what i sent , I hope this helps anyone else

good luck

letter:-

Head of Service Relationship
    Cahoot
    Friars House
    Manor House Drive
    Coventry
    CV1 2ZA
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    Re: Account number: *****************
    I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which I believe was mis-sold to me.
    I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

• The PPI was added without my knowledge.

• You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

• I was sold a insurance premium policy that was not fully explained to me as the whole cost of the insurance was not made clear to me.

• When I cancelled my insurance I was not offered any Refund.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.
    Yours faithfully,
    [Your signature]
    [Your name]

regards

Phil
  • The_MarksmanThe_Marksman Forumite
    1.7K posts
    di3004 wrote: »
    Two letters received from Lloyds today via Loans-PPI.
    These were prevously held up due to the JR.

They have upheld on the 2 and these are going back from 2000 to 2001.

Success.:beer:

Cheers for the support folks x:j:j

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Baby! haha way to go!:rotfl:

well done!:beer:
    :p:D:p Perfer et obdurai dolor hic tibi proderit olim :p:D:p
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K posts
    Thank you so much my friends.:beer: XXX
  • di3004di3004 Forumite
    42.6K posts
    phillmarsh wrote: »
    Thank you Moneysavingexpert.com for your help:beer:

I sent my Letter to Cahoot 2 weeks ago and today I have had a letter confriming, that they will be paying me the full premiums back.

Below is a copy of what i sent , I hope this helps anyone else

good luck

letter:-

Head of Service Relationship
    Cahoot
    Friars House
    Manor House Drive
    Coventry
    CV1 2ZA
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    Re: Account number: *****************
    I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which I believe was mis-sold to me.
    I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

• The PPI was added without my knowledge.

• You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

• I was sold a insurance premium policy that was not fully explained to me as the whole cost of the insurance was not made clear to me.

• When I cancelled my insurance I was not offered any Refund.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.
    Yours faithfully,
    [Your signature]
    [Your name]

regards

Phil

Hi Phil

Good luck on this, keep copies of what you send and receive and please keep us posted, cheers, fingers crossed.;)
  • catclairecatclaire Forumite
    4 posts
    Hi

I have had three PPI claims from the Bank of Scotland upheld from 1996, 1999 and 2001, Today I recieved notication that I would be getting a cheque for just over £8,500. I had the credit agreements for the first 2.
    Thanks everyone for your help.
    :j