Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 February 2019 at 4:19PM
    Options
    Indeed I did enjoy the meetup!

Today I went to the supermarket and did a huge healthy food shop and bought some birthday cards and stocked up on kitchen stuff - a v expensive spend of £44.. Blood sugars have been crazy so I have just had a little amount of food just now!

I have done a bit of tidying too. hurrah. Yucky and rainy outside.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I bought some comfort food at work £2 spent!

Only 1.5 weeks to go and I will catch up with all my marking over February half term. Hurrah!
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Ok, so Einstein here decided to wash whites and just as I was sticking my clothes on the line on a lovely windy day the heavens have opened. lol. I am vacuuming and just taking a break.

Today I will do lots of tidying and chilling. Only a few days left till half term. I cannot wait.

Ive eaten quite a bit of comfort food at work. Crisps and diet c'ke Im sure I have spent about £10 this week. Im hoping not to go out this weekend except for essential shopping from a corner shop. I still have loads of food left from Monday's shop.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I was in the middle of the common with the dog when the rain started thankfully I had my waterproof hooded coat on but my trousers got a bit wet on the legs. It didn't last long here so hope you got your washing out and dried once it stopped. It didn't rain again here until 5.30
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hurrah for glorious weather today. I walked to the shops and back again (16k steps) total spend £28 on food and also lots of things from poundshop which I needed. I also spent £6 on nice compact mirrors in a charity shop. Shattered now going to sleep!

Im going to try to repair a pair of boots in a bit when I wake up.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hurrah for the hols. I have been on new meds but they have caused lots of tiredness and high blood sugars. It has taken me a week to realise it was the new meds so I will ring the hospital on Monday to sort it. Weather is glorious. I am eating healthily and feeling v positive.

hooray for hols.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yay to the hol's.

Boo to the new medication messing things up for you.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello my lovely, it'll be ok as I just need to get advice from hospital. It means one less injection a day hurrah.

Today I am going to do ironing and some work too. It is grotty outside. I spent £14 on food and some art for kitchen then I bought a perfume too for £27 over the weekend.
  • Oh go you with your art!

I can't wait to get my own place and start getting wee random bits up all over the place.

Dxxx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hope you enjoy half term SW and manage to get some rest and sort your meds out. The weather is meant to be glorious later in the week :T
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback