We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Brother in Law is Upset with Us

13567…32

Comments

  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Wow. We don't do presents unless it's for a significant birthday.

    It's my hubby's 40th next year. I was looking to take him to the great barrier reef but I might just get a new wooden floor and give him the chocolate penguin lollipop DD was given by the ocado driver yesterday.

    That might be a bit generous, maybe just give him the stick :)
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Lily-Rose_3 Posts: 2,732 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2015 at 11:23PM
    tea_lover wrote: »
    OP and her husband still live with her parents, how come it's only the BIL that's getting stick for living at home?

    Well *I* am not giving him stick purely for living at home; I am giving him stick for being a childish whiney brat who ran to mommy because his mean old brother and sis-in-law only gave him a choccie woccie orange for his burfday!

    What an incredibly childish man he sounds! Even if he WAS aggrieved about it, why go and tell mommy? Pathetic IMO.

    I have never in my life known a man of 30 act in such a childish manner! Sounds like he needs to get out more, work more, get more hobbies and interests, and get a bloomin' life!
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!


    You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Shame I didn't see this earlier to be honest. That 5* weekend in Barcelona for my mum's 60th last year? What a waste. I could have had a new front door and given her a packet of own brand chocolate digestives.
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • Not the chocolate orange, a regifted chocolate orange. You might as well say you couldn't be bothered, because a re gifted short dated choc orange makes that very clear. Lots of people are skint or have expenses, it's possible to get a cheap gift that has bit more thought behind it than someone elses choc orange regifted.

    You could have taken him out and bought him a drink or two, assuming he drinks. It's not about the gift, it's about the thought and a short dated choc orange basically says, I can't be arsed.
  • Lily-Rose_3
    Lily-Rose_3 Posts: 2,732 Forumite
    Shame I didn't see this earlier to be honest. That 5* weekend in Barcelona for my mum's 60th last year? What a waste. I could have had a new front door and given her a packet of own brand chocolate digestives.

    Awwwww never mind! Maybe next birthday! :rotfl:
    Proud to have lost over 3 stone (45 pounds,) in the past year! :j Now a size 14!


    You're not singing anymore........ You're not singing any-more! :D
  • Shame I didn't see this earlier to be honest. That 5* weekend in Barcelona for my mum's 60th last year? What a waste. I could have had a new front door and given her a packet of own brand chocolate digestives.

    I think I might buy my mum a jar of coffee, use half of it and wrap it up and give her it.

    As my brother isn't 40 for another few years, hes getting a packet of hula hoops every year until he is (I won't eat them though, they'll be intact).
  • Actually dying laughing here, this thread is hilarious.
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Lily-Rose wrote: »
    Awwwww never mind! Maybe next birthday! :rotfl:

    I've 10 years before I need to shell out on her again. Only 3 till my dad's next signifiant birthday though. Must keep my eyes out for a whoopsie mars bar for him. :money::money::money::money:
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • Fredula
    Fredula Posts: 568 Forumite
    Apparently it's worse to be single and live at home than having a baby when you can't afford it and forcing your parents to support two generations.

    I didn't choose to have a baby - I was on the depo injection, and I actually work 48 hours a week most weeks, and my husband works full time too, so we put in our share, thanks.
  • barbiedoll
    barbiedoll Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've got a *significant* birthday coming up soon and if anyone gives me a chocolate orange, re-gifted or not, I shall throw the empty box AND the wrapper straight back at them.
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.