changing isp to Sky a good idea?????

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
156 replies 10.5K views
pegginoutpegginout Forumite
990 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Ive currently got sky £37 a month and broadband with EFH for £14.99 a month.
Sky do a see surf speak package that will cost me the same as I am paying now £37 so effectively my broadband and evening weekend calls will be free, but is it any good?????:confused:
:money: Martin Lewis Rocks!:money:

Replies

• pegginoutpegginout Forumite
    990 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    And also should I get it thru topcashback or over the phone? Im tempted by £40 from topcashback but dont feel too confident doing it online!
    It would cancel out the £30 activation fee from sky!
  • I havent got Sky Broadband but have 3 friends (who live in different parts of the UK) who signed up to Sky BB and have had nothing but problems.

I would stay clear of them and go for a BB company who charge a realistic price as in most cases you will find that the price matches the service.
    990 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else got any experiences of skys speak surf see package????
  • penrhynpenrhyn Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I surf and see but I don't speak!

Surfings fine at £5/month its a bargain, unless of course you need customer services, but there is no need to worry as you can always visit https://www.skyuser.co.uk

The seeing bit is good too, just sit down relax and watch the picture.

You need to be on an Easynet LLU exchange to get the low price package of course, so check your number on the Sky bb wesite.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • bobstheboybobstheboy Forumite
    609 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I Have Sky Broadband with no problems

Bob
    990 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!
    how long did it take to swap over? Ive got a mac code. Dont want to be without a connection for too long...got to feed my ebay addiction!!!
  • rickyc_3rickyc_3 Forumite
    123 Posts
    I too have sky broadband and tv! Tv is excellent and broadband is awesome for a fiver. Not need C/S as yet but skyuser is a very good site! No problems with sky broadband! I did not have broadband before so dont know about changeover time!
    Who needs a sig!!! :rotfl:
  • debjamdebjam Forumite
    132 Posts
    I have just cancelled my order with Sky for Broadband. I signed up on 7th July for the see speak talk package and up until this morning was stil waiting for broadband to be sorted. I had a MAC code from my current ISP but it was not compatible with Skys system??? so they were having to send it to their tech guys to get sorted. I have got fed up of calling them to find out what is going on and have told them to forget it.

My daughter is also having the same problem with her broadband swap as well. The MAC code she has is not compatible with Skys system.

So I would be wary.
  • LallyLally Forumite
    795 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I was interested in the Sky offer too but I rely 100% on my broadband, I cannot do without it as my Husband works abroad and it is our only means of communication. So I will give it a miss if I am likely to have problems. I should have guessed, their TV service has been far from perfect. I have had no problems with BT it was just to save a few ££s.
  • I'm hoping to join sky in the near future, i'm on dial up atm, and due to living out in the sticks I can't use virgin, talktalk, tiscali etc but sky do 4meg speed on my line so they're an obvious choice for me.

If you join sky via quidco they're offering 85 quid cashback atm, plus sky give you 5 quid credit if you sign up online.....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals