We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

1…329330332334335…371

Comments

  • Yeh, it's just because early on the movements are so gentle that you probably don't notice them so much when you're busy during the day. Just more aware of them when you're resting at night.

    Last time closer to the due date DS was only really active during the day and went very quiet at night.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • That's good. I don't seem to have a pattern yet, just random times day, evening and night. Sometimes it's a few random kicks, other times it's a whole karate session!
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,752
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2018 at 6:28PM
    Just had an unexpected letter through with an appointment for some time in April - must be 27 or 28 weeks

    Says its for Ultrasound Foetal Growth and Ultrasound Doppler study

    That's odd, she hasn't yet had the midwife measure her - we haven't even had the Anatomy scan yet!
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • How odd, from my very limited understand I thought that they did that if your 20 week scan found that baby was measuring big or small - they must be psychic if they know already! Was your son large or small? If he was perhaps it's routine for subsequent pregnancies.
  • That could be it - he was 6lb 2oz - which was below the 9th centile.

    He very quickly shot up to 25th within a few weeks though and he's now just slightly below 50th and has remained at that consistently since 6 months.


    Just came as a surprise - especially as it came before the 20 week scan.

    Not going to complain though, it's nice to have another chance to see baby. It's on a Sunday - so I can go too.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2018 at 8:52PM
    Just had an unexpected letter through with an appointment for some time in April - must be 27 or 28 weeks

    Says its for Ultrasound Foetal Growth and Ultrasound Doppler study

    That's odd, she hasn't yet had the midwife measure her - we haven't even had the Anatomy scan yet!

    There are a number of reasons for a growth scan, I'm down to have one because my bmi is 0.5 above the magic low risk cut off. Does your wife have any medical conditions or any complications in previous pregnancy?

    Edit to add:
    Do you have a individualised growth chart in the front of the notes? it could be that as your son was on the lower end of the chart and they are just keeping an eye out.
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • I'm curious as to what the centiles are now! I didn't think 6lb 2oz would be so low (showing how much I know about newborns now...).

    My mum still thinks I was a giant for being 8lbs. I pointed out hubby was just under 10 and a half and his brothers were between 9 and a half and 10 too. I think my response was "if I have an 8lb baby, then I'll consider myself to have got away with it!" I guess times have changed though, maybe 8lbs in the 80s was a higher centile than it is now?

    Guess what, we're measuring above average :o despite his large birth size hubby was apparently small as a child and shot up later in life, he's a bit taller than average now. I was the tallest in the class until I stopped growing at the end of primary school. I don't think these things necessarily have much long term bearing
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,752
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 15 February 2018 at 9:42PM
    Last time her bump was measuring average, then towards the end shot up to measuring really large. Then DS was actually quite small.

    I don't think it's particularly accurate.

    OH's BMI was slightly below the ideal range. But only very slightly.

    She was lighter at the start of this pregnancy than she was at the start of the first one. In fact she's still lighter now, half way through, than she was then.

    She is starting to put a bit more weight on now having lost weight in first trimester. Just her nausea around food lasted ages.


    LavendarBee - 50th centile is 7lb 11 or 3.5kg
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Last time her bump was measuring average, then towards the end shot up to measuring really large. Then DS was actually quite small.

    I don't think it's particularly accurate.

    OH's BMI was slightly below the ideal range. But only very slightly.

    She was lighter at the start of this pregnancy than she was at the start of the first one. In fact she's still lighter now, half way through, than she was then.

    She is starting to put a bit more weight on now having lost weight in first trimester. Just her nausea around food lasted ages.


    LavendarBee - 50th centile is 7lb 11 or 3.5kg

    This will be the reason for the growth scan then!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • LavendarBee - 50th centile is 7lb 11 or 3.5kg
    Thank you - my mum can stop grumbling then, I wasn't that bad!

    Is the bump measurement the fundal height thing?

    Feeling a bit self concious as I know two women due before me (I think one is a week or so, the other may be 2+ weeks) and I'm a bit paranoid that when I stop breathing in (old habits die hard :rotfl: spent too long trying to hide it!) I worry I am bigger. Other people have reassured me that it's just because I'm not exactly an Amazonian so I've got to put it somewhere (BMI was 21 when I got pregnant, bit short, but I would never say I'm dainty!) . Of course they may just be breathing in too... or perhaps they're better dressers
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.