12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• LavenderBee
    Options
    We didn't have a nub to see :) although there was definitely a girl's skull before. My bump is very "all in front" and hubby's family don't do girls - there is something scientific about men genetically being pre-dispositioned to produce one gender over another, so we'll see!

We are just in that "we want a healthy baby" phase as it's number one, I'm aware that I could have problems conceiving subsequent children for the same reason this one was an issue. But then that's partly why I may lean towards having a boy, I'll never be heartbroken watching him in pain with endometriosis knowing that I gave it to him!!! (I don't have to pass this on, but since my mum had it too it wouldn't be unsurprising). I also kinda liked the idea that a boy might be more inclined to be a little training buddy for me in time, then realised that I was a tomboy when I was younger and ended up a girl lifting weights (in pink, of course) - and I'm being a bit sexist towards myself if I think that a daughter might not want to join me!

In the meantime I'll continue with my yellow shopping (except I gave my mum some blue wool for knitting jumpers with, on a day I was sure it's gonna be a boy! :D)
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Scan puts me at 15weeks exactly today, photos were pricey and blurry but all was well and it was lovely to catch a glimpse! :j
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Great news Mary!
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Awesome news - was that your 12 week scan? How far did you think you were?

Baby is drinking in our 20 week scan - just like it's mum always got a drink on the go!
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Awesome news - was that your 12 week scan? How far did you think you were?

Baby is drinking in our 20 week scan - just like it's mum always got a drink on the go!

Yes 12 week scan - I was 14+6 by my LMP so not much difference thankfully!
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    My mum had 2 boys and 2 girls. My grandma had two boys and a girl. My other grandma had 2 girls.

My sister has had 2 boys and 2 girls.

OH's mum had a boy and a girl. OH's grandma had a boy and a girl. On the other side they had 6 boys and 3 girls!

So I think genetically we've got a decent chance of having a girl!

• LavenderBee
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Yes 12 week scan - I was 14+6 by my LMP so not much difference thankfully!

Oh phew! I thought if you went in thinking you were around 12 weeks that's a helluva leap!

Freddie, there aren't enough children getting born on my side to draw any conclusions but hubby's family are so "boy heavy" that it would outweigh anything my family did anyway! All the babies are big too; if I have a small girl I'll be banished... :o
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Hope you're all well.

Not really got much to say. 18 weeks now. OH can feel the baby moving sometimes in the evening.

Exactly two weeks til the scan.

That's basically everything, just counting down til the scan date.

We do have half term next week though, which is nice. Use that as an opportunity to declutter a bit and start clearing the office/third bedroom. Although there's no real rush as the baby won't be in there until nearly a year from now.

• LavenderBee
    Options
    It gets all consuming doesn't it, feels like you're wishing your life away... it feels weird that I won't see them anymore now until I actually have to push them out (though people keep recommending a 4D scan, I'm not really one for spending money like that, this is MSE after all!)

We won't be in our house when the baby needs their own room so at least I don't have to worry about the guest room, or worse - give up my home gym! We will be buying a cot and probably a changing/storage unit to put in our room - but not the gym.
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    DS is going through his 18 month sleep regression at the moment...

We're all shattered!

Hopefully that means it'll be out of the way before the new baby comes. Could do with him sticking to being a good sleeper!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure