12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• LavenderBee
    Options
    LavendarBee - 50th centile is 7lb 11 or 3.5kg
    Thank you - my mum can stop grumbling then, I wasn't that bad!

Is the bump measurement the fundal height thing?

Feeling a bit self concious as I know two women due before me (I think one is a week or so, the other may be 2+ weeks) and I'm a bit paranoid that when I stop breathing in (old habits die hard :rotfl: spent too long trying to hide it!) I worry I am bigger. Other people have reassured me that it's just because I'm not exactly an Amazonian so I've got to put it somewhere (BMI was 21 when I got pregnant, bit short, but I would never say I'm dainty!) . Of course they may just be breathing in too... or perhaps they're better dressers
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Don't worry about it - Everyone carries differently and bumps will look different sizes as a result. All down to differences in frames and muscles.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • ThinkPink
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry too much about size of bump, I managed to keep mine hidden from everyone at work until after I had my 20 week scan due to careful dressing. Even when I was full term I had a lot of comments about having a small bump, bearing in mind I'm 5ft at a push( and so there not being much space for a baby!!), anyway, my little one was 7lb10 so a nice healthy weight. Some people just carry differently and some people have lots and lots of water.
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Thanks, I kept quiet until 20 weeks too but that was careful dressing, and a couple of people were wondering apparently (due to my eating habits actually...). I was just shy of 21 weeks when I fessed up. A few people (who hadn't seen me eat) were surprised but when I stopped hiding the bump they were surprised. I think mine is kinda pronounced and, for want of a better word "pointy" which makes it look more significant. Not looking pregnant from behind (if that carries on people will start saying it's a boy...)

Got dressed this morning, maternity top with under the bump jeans. Caught sight of myself in the mirror and realised flesh was showing. Belly bands are on my shopping list.

I reckon I have the torso length of someone 5' and legs of 5'5". It would explain a lot. I had(!) A six pack core, but also hypermobility which means my muscles stretch really easily. Don't think my body knows if it's coming or going. Bit like my baby brain really!
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 February 2018 at 1:15PM
    Options
    Lots more definite kicks being felt the last couple of days which is comforting to know.

I tried feeling yesterday but wasn't sure. I think with DS I was able to feel kicks with my hand on her bump at 20 weeks. Which is tomorrow!

Last time I happened to have my hand there JUST as he did his first proper kick

It's great when you start to be able to actually see the baby moving around!

Bit weird and Alien-esque :D - but cool

• LavenderBee
    Options
    I had been thinking for a while that if I looked at the right time, I'd see them moving. But I've never been in the right place at the right time. Been able to feel it with my hand for a good few weeks now (with DH away all the time he's only actually felt a few, typically baby calms down when he's home). Managed to actually watch them last night and so did hubby, very weird watching my stomach "ripple"!

Couldn't sleep the other night for discomfort, but found little one was very active, probably the most I've ever felt continuously. As well as just kicks at one point they were pushing back against me with what I think was a foot. It was a fun game only I knew the rules to!
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    I felt a kick for first time yesterday.

Much closer to the due date there were huge bulges sticking out on one side then moving across to the other. Like he did a somersault.

• FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Hi, hope you're all well.

We had the scan on Tuesday and everything was good.

We're having another boy!

It's great accept we are really going to struggle with names! We have already spent a huge amount of time looking at names but we can't agree. OH hates the names I like and vice versa!

We really struggled with our first boy, we only had one name...we've used that one now! :rotfl:

Pain is we had a couple of names that we both really liked for girls

• LavenderBee
    Options
    'Congratulations', and 'oh dear' at the same time! I could potentially have the same dilemma in a way. We have 3 boy's names that we like and plan on using all of them if this is a boy. If we have another boy in future we shall be really stumped :) I came up with a complete alternative first name which DH was open to, we were more worried about other people's reactions if chose it, but I will attempt to file it at the back of my baby brain in case I need it in years to come. We have girl's names we like and agree on coming out of our ears, just find it easier for some reason.

Exciting news for me, I am 24 weeks today WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I've been looking forward to this day for a long time, probably as much as the 20 week scan. There's something about knowing they're "viable" that, to me, really makes them a person I guess. I've put together one of those silly combined names you usually give couples (i.e. Sheldon and Amy = ShAmy) from our girl and boy names, and find myself using this to refer to them more and more.

Picking up our car seat and pram/pushchair tomorrow, I'm more excited than I thought I would be now :)
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    *de-lurks even though I'm not at 12 weeks yet*

congratulations LavenderBee! Love the "ShAmy" idea for the bump

We can't agree on any names at all - when all this was hypothetical OH's awful suggestions were amusing. Now I'm worried we'll still be arguing about it when we have to register the birth and I'll be too tired to veto the "stripper name" he's chosen for a baby girl. A girl is definitely his preference, and he's not even thinking about boy names at all (and vetoes any I suggest).

*goes back to lurking impatiently*
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family