We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

1…332333335337338…371

Comments

  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    I want an Ikea cardboard castle with a drawbridge! I've had to work from home all week, very frustrating.


    We're getting our nursery bits from Ikea too, going for the Sundvik range, is that what you've got Freddie?


    Had my 25 week appointment today, I'm falling to pieces but baby is doing well which is the main thing. I'm going to trawl back through the forum to find the "25 weeks-whatever" thread and re-invigorate it for us. I think it's quite lost now so I'll be sure to put my mining helmet and head torch on.
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,752
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 March 2018 at 6:48PM
    LavendarBee - the next thread after 24 weeks is the MSE Pregnancy thread.

    Our first cot was Sundvik. It's good. EDIT - just checked we also got the Sundvik changing table and wardrobe.

    I originally looked at the Stuva changing table and cot but I didn't like the look of them in person. The drawers have silly gaps for handles which let dust in - and it was really hard to reach the drawers underneath because the table was fixed. Rubbish design.

    They've recently changed the range - they're all bigger size then when we bought ours.

    They still had one of their older cots for sale when we went at reduced price. Was Gulliver I think - only £45. It's nice. Same as our older Sundvik but with bars at the head and foot instead of a solid board.

    £45 was good for a cot bed!

    They didn't have the smaller size mattress but I've ordered a well rated one from Argos for about £30
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Ah ha - that's why I couldn't see one! I'll go and wave :)


    I noticed that Ikea had changed too, when I first looked a few months ago there was a lot more choice than there is now. I'm guessing that there will be a new range in the near future but not sure we'll wait for it, still undecided about when to order.


    I like the concept behind the Stuva things, but I'm a bit of a traditionalist and it's all a bit modern and lime green for me :)
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I've booked my GTT for after easter :o joys of having family history of diabetes. Good luck to them getting blood.... Twice! - I am rather tight :rotfl:

    I am hobberling good and proper at the moment, my hips and pelvis are crunchy :( waiting on a physio appointment but not hopeful they will be able to do much to help.

    I did manage to pick up some bargains in the mother care sale yesterday - 85% of maternity jeans and bras so picked up all i could in our stores slim pickings. Did manage to find plenty for hitch hiker though :rotfl:

    How is everyone?
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,752
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    OH has had an awful, stress filled week at work. Got through it though and got a good nights sleep last night.

    Charity van came yesterday to collect a bookshelf and large roll top desk from the office.

    We've had to do a lot of sorting through books as we had 4 large book cases in the office which need to reduce to one to fit downstairs. I took what must have been at least a hundred books to charity last week.

    We're just keeping the children's ones.

    The desk was huge and had a lot in it and on top of it so we've had to find new homes for everything.

    We're getting there now though.

    23 weeks tomorrow. Lots of nice big kicks. Apart from feeling tired, mainly because of stress this week interrupting her sleep. OH is feeling well.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,752
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Had two more growth scan appointment letters through. Got them at 28, 31 and 34 weeks.

    OH has pain just under her bump when she's walking - started in the last couple of days, she's in a lot of discomfort tonight.

    Didn't have this in previous pregnancy. We've had a look online at Bump belts/bands.

    It's probably not helping that we're just so much busier now than we were last time she doesn't have time in the day to exercise. She was doing a lot of yoga previously which will have helped.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Had two more growth scan appointment letters through. Got them at 28, 31 and 34 weeks.

    OH has pain just under her bump when she's walking - started in the last couple of days, she's in a lot of discomfort tonight.

    Didn't have this in previous pregnancy. We've had a look online at Bump belts/bands.

    It's probably not helping that we're just so much busier now than we were last time she doesn't have time in the day to exercise. She was doing a lot of yoga previously which will have helped.

    Did you get to the bottom of the growth scans Freddie? that is a fair wack of scans to have......

    The midwife can refer to physio for the pain, locally it is a information session with up to 8 other mums to be to discuss tips for easing the pain and some strengthening exercises to help. Things like moving with knees together so getting in the car bum first and twisting both legs at the same time, sleeping with pillows between the knees etc....

    My Hip is more painful then my pelvis but then I am hypermobile and it seems to slide around and clunk at every oppurtunity :( Driving more then 10-15minutes at a time is really starting to hurt now and my insides feel like they will drop out if I walk much more than the school run or round the supermarket :o
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • im in 19 week
    I want to buy baby milk and baby items for my baby. I'm investigating. What kind of brand is good, for example, for baby bottles or pacifier
    I realized that Relative to price and quality The rest is better others
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,752
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    Did you get to the bottom of the growth scans Freddie? that is a fair wack of scans to have......

    She has a midwife appointment on Tuesday. First one since getting the scan letters so she can ask then.

    Again I'm assuming that it's because DS was born quite small and/or OH was slightly low weight - although I think it was still within ideal range (just)
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

    Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • Freddie - hope growth scan went ok. My midwife has given me an "individualised" growth chart as they apparently measure the centiles for your bump based on your height and weight (won't get measured for a few more weeks yet though, but it was good to know that they won't be comparing my bump with those of much taller ladies)

    I'm 16+1 today, saw the midwife yesterday morning (last minute change of venue as she was also covering appointments for another midwife who was at a birth - at least it means I've now seen inside the Birth Centre at our local hospital).

    All good on the blood test results and low risk for chromosome anomalies, sickness is finally easing up noticeably and energy levels getting a bit better (even though I'm not sleeping very well) so I think I am finally getting that glow everyone talks about. Got my appointment for our anomaly scan through too.

    Blood pressure was down on what it was at my booking appointment (which probably explains the dizziness this week as its much lower than I'm used to it being) but perfectly normal

    Booked the afternoon off after my appointment so I go to enjoy the sunshine yesterday. And OH and I had a little walk around town and a coffee so a mini date-day, which was lovely. Have been feeling that I've neglected him a bit the last few weeks while I've felt so poorly.
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.