12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    How is everyone getting on?

I have my dating scan booked in for this week - will be 14+6 :eek: by lmp dates. Mr H and I play the guessing game of how many days/weeks they move our EDD by as they always do only to change it back again later down the line :rotfl:

My stomach muscles have decided that being baby number 4 any efforts to hold my tummy muscles taught and keep bump in are wasted and have already admitted defeat - nice obvious bump being on show for a couple of weeks now :o my jeans are feeling alittle snug around my waist and leggins are my friend :rotfl:

The HG is still going strong, mainly in the evenings, over night and early morning :( nothing like waking the house up at 3am vomitting. Thankfully I'm managing to eat and drink enough during the day time hours. Any more toast or plain pasta and this baby will look like a spiral twist :o

Has any one experienced SPD/PGP yet? I had it very severe with master H and had to have IOL at 37weeks after 12 weeks of pretty much bed rest unable to stand/walk.... the last few weeks my hip and pelvis are voicing their displeasure and crunching like a good 'un. I'm not too uncomfortable as long as I don't drive too much and limit walking to 20minutes before resting. I was prepared for it to give me some grief after last time but I'm saddened it's flared so early.... physio referral was sent off at my booking in appointment, I thought alittle over cautious but obviosuly they knew something I didn't!

Hope all are well x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Glad you're managing to eat despite the sickness maryhinge.

OH doing well, appetite mostly back to normal now. She's ready for maternity leave already. Really not enjoying work. She'll probably be looking to change jobs when she goes back after this next one.

17 weeks today. She's felt movement multiple times in the last few hours, that's exciting.

We've been looking at going away somewhere for a short holiday at Easter, since it'll probably be the last time we're able to get away anywhere until Easter 2019!
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 January 2018 at 7:47AM
    Options
    LavendarBee

I saw you asked a question about clothes sizes on another thread.

DS was 6lb 2oz when he was born and 1 month clothes were enormous on him. Even newborn had to be rolled up on the sleeves.

We'd only bought one small set of newborn clothes - so had to go get a lot more early on. Especially sleep suits as it seemed to be those that got messy - cot vomitting!

It was probably 1 1/2 to 2 months before 0-3 started fitting properly and he outgrew the other sizes.

So it's best to have some just in case - you can always go get more in the right size after they're born. After all they sell quite cheap baby clothes at pretty much every supermarket.

We'd bought way too much 0-3 more than he needed. He probably only wore some of those bodysuits a few times.

It's when you start weaning that they definitely need a lot of daytime spares :D

Can never have too many bibs and muslins though!

• a_bby1
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Abby, can I join you ?
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Hi, welcome Abby :)

I had my 20 week scan yesterday - all looking good. Baby is a bit on the big side but this is to be expected. The men in my husband's family are not responsible for any baby weighing less than 9 and a half pounds, in fact hubby was 10 and a half. Hence my worry about clothing sizes! SIL gave birth last week to a boy of 9lb10oz, so the line is still going strong!

Mary - I'm in the SPD/PGP camp, it came on at 4 weeks when my hips started falling out and my back started hurting. I was referred for physio at the beginning of the year but still not got an appointment :( It's a real nuisance as I can't do anything without pain or aches, just putting up with it for not now and seeing what I can do myself that at least doesn't make it worse.
  • mary_hinge
    Options

Mary - I'm in the SPD/PGP camp, it came on at 4 weeks when my hips started falling out and my back started hurting. I was referred for physio at the beginning of the year but still not got an appointment :( It's a real nuisance as I can't do anything without pain or aches, just putting up with it for not now and seeing what I can do myself that at least doesn't make it worse.

I'm sorry that you are suffering too! I've realised driving too long hurts alot, rolling over in bed back to front is painful so tend to settle on my front then roll on to back.... squashing Mr H in the process! I find generally moving wise knees together and all that is the best approach! Mine is more hip/groin/thigh that hurts, feels like the bones will snap by bed time!
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Are you keeping boy/girl a surprise LavendarBee? We've got another 2 1/2 weeks til our scan. I think our current plan is that we will find out - but we'll keep it a surprise for everyone else until the day.

I feel like I need to know before, or I'll be going insane. It's also partly because we've pretty much got a name sorted for a girl already and have lots of backups - but have no ideas whatsoever that we both like for another boy.

Sorry you're both feeling achey.

Hi Abby.

• LavenderBee
    Options
    Definitely team yellow here Freddie - it's my impetus to push when I'm tired, I'll be so desperate to know by then! When we first decided to try for children *looks misty eyed, screen goes pink and wobbly and harp music plays* we chose names for both genders and said we'd not find out. We've stuck to that :)

I'd like hubby to be the one to tell me whether they're a boy or girl rather than the midwife, but after our scan he said despondently "I think I saw something when she was looking at the stomach". I explained that this was the umbilical cord. And this is the man I'm trusting to tell me the gender of our baby... :rotfl:

Mary I struggled with my back during the scan and I'm paying for it today. Got a hot water bottle on it and some conciliatory chocolate. Mine is my back (sciatica, couldn't move on the scanning couch!), hips and I've started to get some of the SPD twinges at the front. I'm hypermobile so it's not the stretching that's the issue, everything is too stretchy and unstable and it makes it ache like hell!

Oh, and I started telling work people today, some people had their suspicions but because of what I was eating rather than the fact I've gained 10" on my waistline. How kind!
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Definitely team yellow here Freddie - it's my impetus to push when I'm tired, I'll be so desperate to know by then! When we first decided to try for children *looks misty eyed, screen goes pink and wobbly and harp music plays* we chose names for both genders and said we'd not find out. We've stuck to that :)

I'd like hubby to be the one to tell me whether they're a boy or girl rather than the midwife, but after our scan he said despondently "I think I saw something when she was looking at the stomach". I explained that this was the umbilical cord. And this is the man I'm trusting to tell me the gender of our baby... :rotfl:

Mary I struggled with my back during the scan and I'm paying for it today. Got a hot water bottle on it and some conciliatory chocolate. Mine is my back (sciatica, couldn't move on the scanning couch!), hips and I've started to get some of the SPD twinges at the front. I'm hypermobile so it's not the stretching that's the issue, everything is too stretchy and unstable and it makes it ache like hell!

Oh, and I started telling work people today, some people had their suspicions but because of what I was eating rather than the fact I've gained 10" on my waistline. How kind!

My DD who is 13 has EDS hypermobility - it runs in my family and although generally it doesn't give me many problems except in pregnancy with dodgy hips/pelvis and the rapid labours..... Superman was a bathroom floor job 4minutes!
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Ha! I was still the first person to say it was a boy because I took out the 12 week scan photos from the envelope first and saw it.

It's nice you want to do it that way though.

I can't wait til the scan.

I really want a girl. It's not because it wouldn't be great to have another boy, I'd love to have another boy too. DS is absolutely brilliant and I adore him.

But I do want to have a girl eventually and I'd be worried that if we didn't have a girl this time then we might not have one at all. I think 3 will probably be our maximum and you never know this could be our last.

So while I would really be equally happy having a boy, I know that I really want a girl.

I'd rather know in advance so that I can get over it and have time to get excited about having two boys...which I would very quickly. I can think of lots of positives and I think having two sons would be great.

I'm sure it wouldn't happen - but I can't stand the idea of the baby being born and having even the slightest feeling of disappointment, that would be awful. I don't want to risk it.

I think OH would actually really like to have another boy, just because DS is so great. But again would obviously be happy with either.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure