We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 December 2017 at 10:46PM
    Options
    Congratulations V day graduates!! I am 24 +1 as well so think I might head over to the scary big thread. Think I feel a bit of a cheat until I hit 28 weeks, 3rd trimester but hey! Here it goes... see you all over there!
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Hi Cherry, I've been avoiding things which might reasonably make me cry, which is probably just as well.

I'm not an overly touchy feely pink and fluffy sort of girl - but I've been saying to DH that I've felt for about 6 weeks that I'm about to throw a tantrum. But it never came. Then, I dropped 3 empty pieces of rubbish on my way to the bin - I screamed and cried and sobbed and heaved uncontrollably for 20 minutes! I didn't WANT to drop the rubbish but I had! It caused no damage or harm, it was clean, washed out. No food was wasted (I hate dropping food because that is waste). I am so glad hubby has been reading his monthly "dad to be" info I send him because he said he was fully braced and knew I simply couldn't help it.

When did you all start feeling flutters and movements etc? I've read on another pregnancy board of women getting them really early but all I've got is growing pains!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to let your emotions out! Hope you felt better after your meltdown.

I think I felt early movements about 19 weeks, and first kick that you could feel outside at 21. But for ages it was very faint and depended on position, so I didn't feel something every day.

Some women feel them like flutters or bubbles, but to me it was like a tiny muscle twitch.
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Laura from 24 weeks if he was born prematurely they would use medical intervention whereas before 24 weeks it's unusual so it's the first viability milestone (one of the Apps I use, Ovia, gives you a medal which is fun!)

I love it! I'm a bit similar as my DD1 was born at 26 weeks 16 years ago!! So that will be a major one for me :D
    On a mission
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    26 weeks will be hugely exciting for you then :D xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    Hello! Had forgotten about moving threads Christmas busy-ness.

At 12+2 today.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Hi Freddie, I think it may just be me left. This seems to happen when I join new threads :)
  • FreddieFrugal
    FreddieFrugal Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi LavendarBee - hope you're well.

OH is 13+3, still feeling a lot of nausea at meal times but she seems to be gradually getting better over the last couple of days.

She was properly sick a few days ago, as in it was definitely morning sickness and not a bug. Last pregnancy the same thing happened around 12 weeks (having not been sick at all until then) and then thereafter all the nausea stopped. So hopefully same thing has happened this time - she needs to start eating properly again and put some weight back on!

• LavenderBee
    Options
    Hmmm, would she like some of mine?! :rotfl: I'm still gaining a bit too fast and it's driving me nuts, but I can't seem to stop eating. Thankfully nausea is behind me, I only feel rough when I haven't eaten for a bit, seem to constantly need to prop my blood sugars up.

As of tomorrow it's turnip week for me, just makes me think of Blackadder... (at the beginning of each week I tell hubby what size/weight the baby is in comparison to fruit and veg, turnips are definitely less exciting)
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    I thought you meant you were only eating turnips this week! :rotfl:

That would be an interesting pregnancy diet when you only eat the foods that are the same size as the baby.

Ours is a small peach.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure