12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Tinks05
    Tinks05 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Glad the appointment went well Manc, and that will be lovely for you to have two extra chances to see your little boy!

It's too hot isn't it! I'm already struggling with basic tasks, like breathing, without the heat! So uncomfortable at the moment, I feel like I could pop. No idea how my body is going to carry on stretching for another 16 weeks. That reminds me, 24 weeks tomorrow so guess it will be time to move over to the big thread!
  • pink_petal
    Options
    Aw that's so lovely that you get to see him again manc! I've been toying with the idea of booking another private scan as at my birthing class I heard a couple of stories from people who were told the wrong sex and had decorated nurseries and bought loads of clothes etc...only for it to be wrong. Hubby thinks I'm mad and that those stories are few and far between but I can't get it out of my head!

Aw Tinks, I'll be joining you over there at the weekend! Can't believe it!
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    god knows where all the weeks are going ladies! it doesn't seem that long ago that we came over from the other thread - I'll be joining you all next week on the new one!

Manc - lucky you to be able to see your baby a couple more times!

Pink - I hope they got mine correct or my baby will have pink clothes, moses basket and blankets!!

does anyone else have a small bump? I thought mine was a decent size (I cant see my toes when I look directly down now) but a friend said the other day that its small?
  • Tinks05
    Tinks05 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    newcook wrote: »
    does anyone else have a small bump? I thought mine was a decent size (I cant see my toes when I look directly down now) but a friend said the other day that its small?

I feel like I have a huge bump, but I am repeatedly told I don't even look pregnant! Drives me crazy!! I'm the same as you, can't see my toes now. I struggle to bend down to pick anything up off the floor, and shaving my legs is a huge challenge, so can't see how I don't look pregnant.
  • MancMama4
    Options
    I hate people saying my bump looks small!!! It just makes me paranoid! I try not to worry though as all scans have been bang on track so far. It's funny how every pregnancy looks different on every woman.

I keep panicking that they may have sexed the baby wrong as well!! Already got some "boys" stuff... but can get them to check again at the growth scan I guess.

Having some pain in my back/bum today, hoping its not PGP or sciatica rearing its head? It's more annoying than anything x
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • pink_petal
    Options
    I feel like mine is huge...it's popped out even more this week and some of the girls at my Daisy Birthing class are 35 weeks and not much bigger than me. But then when I'm at the midwife I see some girls in the waiting room who are huuuge, so I don't know. Guess it just depends on the person.

Feeling totally hormonal today. It's our wedding anniversary and every time someone wishes me a happy anniversary I am almost bursting into tears! No idea why!!
  • FreddieFrugal
    Options
    MancMama - it's highly unlikely that they would have got the sex wrong if they said it was a boy (did they show you?)

It's more common for them to say it's a girl and later turns out to be a boy then the other way around - although it does happen.

But if you see the tackle then it's boy!

I could tell from our 12 week scan picture - it was really obvious as the picture showed the genital nub really clearly sticking up at a 45 degree angle.
    Mortgage remaining: £42,260 of £77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - £22,281.99 / £25,000
  • MancMama4
    Options
    Thanks Freddie, yes we did see the bits at the 20 week so hopeful they've got it right! Hope so anyhow or it would be a costly mistake :o
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • pink_petal
    Options
    All the stories I've heard have been from people told it's a girl but it ends up being a boy...doesn't seem to happen very often the other way round! I think I'm going to book in for a private gender scan just to be safe, it's only £36 and it could save lots of money in the long run!
  • MancMama4
    Options
    £36 is pretty good PP, worth it for another peek at your little lady x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback