We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Forget about likes and dislikes. They are of no consequence....

Options

Comments

• constantworrier
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Emz xxx
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Emz xxx

Thank you :A

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    I went to the doctor yesterday. I only rang for advice in the morning, but the nurse thought it best I go and see a doctor. They've given me some stronger ibuprofen and said if it's still painful in a week's time, I'll have to go for x-rays to see if there's a more serious problem. Seriously annoying me now. I feel for anyone with constant back problems, I really do.

I'm still off work. My boss has been good about it. I'm next due in Saturday, so will see how I feel by then. The doctor offered to do a sick note if I needed it on Monday.

I received a lovely letter from DWP yesterday 'inviting' me to apply for the new PIP benefit. Not that I have much choice - they are stopping my DLA on 13th November. If I don't get this new stupid PIP thing, I will lose my car. Very worried this will happen as I just don't think they will see me as bad enough to warrant it.

I've started a diary to describe all the problems I face daily and will send this off with the application. Flaming Tories :mad:. I know some people take liberties when it comes to benefits, but I'm not one of them. My illness is never going to get better, only worse and I've put up with it for 34 years. I've never claimed incapacity benefit and have always paid my way in terms of working. I could quite easily have quit and lived off the state a long time ago. I'll get off my soap box now and will keep you posted.

In better news, my mum has trumped my recent competition wins. She got a letter from Chat magazine yesterday to say she has won £500 :T - so pleased for her. She has entered their comps for as long as I can remember and she was so chuffed when she called me yesterday.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news for your mum Emz.
    Boo to PIP. I feel your pain.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 22 October 2015 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Brilliant win for Mum, Emz, no wonder she's chuffed:T. It's nice to know of a 'real' person who has actually won cash from these mags, not that I 'know' your Mum but you know what I mean:rotfl:

I'm sending all positive vibes for success in being able to keep your car. It makes me so cross to see people practically skipping out of cars with disabled badges displayed who are parking in the disabled car parks when they can get about as well as me:(. I suppose there could be all sorts of underlying probems that aren't obvious and I'm ashamed of myself sometimes for being so censorious. But I really feel for genuine claimants like yourself who have done all in their power to lead an independent life and not getting the tiniest bit of financial help or encouragement. My friend is now needing crutches to get around and at the last try still didn't qualified for DLA because she had been managing to work pretty much full-time (dosed up to the eyeballs with painkillers etc but still often in a lot of pain, and with a very understanding and accommodating boss and work colleagues though). She needs to change to an automatic car now as she can't manage the manual pedals but funds won't permit unless she buys a really old banger which she doesn't want to do especially as her own car isn't worth much in money terms but is worth its weight in gold to her:(. I ran her in to work this morning, she was feeling too immobile to drive herself and she only asks for favours from anyone if desparate.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Absolutely fuming with our letting agent at the moment. We had a leak under our sink and a plumber came out to look at it a week or so ago. Letting agent wanted a second opinion so emailed me on Tuesday to get in touch with the plumber to arrange an appointment.

Seeing as I've been ill, I forgot to call. I had a missed call from an unknown mobile number this morning, but no message was left, so I didn't call it back.

I had a knock at the door earlier, was on my way to answer it (takes me a while at the moment) and all of a sudden some bloke was trying to let himself into my house!! Luckily I had the chain on. Asked him what the hell he was doing (he had another bloke with him) and he said he was the plumber and had come round to give an estimate for the letting agent.

I've fired off an angry email to the letting agent. If I hadn't been there, a couple of strange men would have been in my house without my knowledge. OH and I are seriously considering moving out when our contract's up for renewal in July. Sadly, we can't guarantee that another letting agent wouldn't be exactly the same.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That is just dire Emz :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    That is just dire Emz :eek:

I basically got a response just saying they're sorry and will put a note on my file for future reference.

Umm, I think that the majority of people would object to a couple of strangers just letting themselves into their house. Wouldn't have thought there would be a need for a note - just common sense (which they obviously don't possess).

Emz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's a real liberty and very unnerving:eek:. What if you'd been dozing or something and woke up to find strange men in the flat? Really scary. I expect by coming in the daytime they thought the place would be empty and the occupants at work. They probably got a shock finding themselves confronted by an angry occupant. I hope you don't feel too bad after the upset:kisses3:.

Didn't you have some trouble with the agents recently too, when they had 'let' the flat to new tenants when you were still there and planned to renew your tenancy anyway? Sounds as if the whole bunch are totally incompetent:eek: but it would be a shame to feel you have to move just because of them if you are happy in the flat otherwise.

What beats me is why a leak under the sink needed a second opinion. They were probably hoping to get it done on the cheap:(
  • Emzilla
    Options
    We did have problems with them in July yes. They said they didn't let people in to view the flat then, but now I'm not so sure.

The blokes that looked at the sink seemed like a couple of cowboys, so I'm guessing they are wanting the job done on the cheap. To be honest, they looked like friends of someone at the letting agents who fancied earning a few quid on the side.

Emz xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family