Forget about likes and dislikes. They are of no consequence....

Options

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sooooo tired :(. I haven't slept properly in a week due to my back problems. It still really hurts, but it's worse in the morning, which means I wake really early and can't go back to sleep again. I've been up since 4am today, 5am yesterday etc etc.

I've been off sick all week but am going to try and go back in tomorrow (12-6) and see how I get on. Will have to avoid bending down, lifting stuff etc.

Really annoyed with OH at the moment. He has been asked to go to Vegas next month and has said yes - £220 paid out today for it without discussing it with me, with another £280 to go before the end of next month.

Seems to escape him that Christmas is coming up, we've still got to pay back his friend and I might lose my car in few months. Sometimes, he just doesn't think :mad:

We paid £500 back to his friend on Friday, so £2,000 left to go.

Need to get going with the money-making again, but I've been so tired recently, I haven't felt like doing much at all. Think overtime is going to be scarce this month as I'm going to struggle to do my basic hours at the moment.

Emz xx
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you looked at Actipatch ? They have made a huge difference to DH - he's got back, hip and feet issues and just keeps swopping them around.
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Thanks Dawn :A

My back is actually feeling a bit better today. I did 6 hours at work yesterday and it wasn't feeling so good. However, I slept quite well last night and today it's not feeling that bad. Still hurts when I turn a certain way and cough etc, but no where near as bad as it was. I've got another 4 hour shift today and then am off tomorrow.

I've been trying to earn a bit of cash through Textbroker. OH only got paid on Friday and already the account is looking a bit worse for wear. It's going to be a long 4 weeks :(. At least I get paid on the 10th and I'm still getting my DLA at the moment. Any extra I can put in will be a help and TB pay out weekly, so I'll try and do as much as possible on there.

I got a couple of articles written before I started work yesterday and have nearly finished another one this morning. I've got about £8 cleared and ready for payout this week. Would like to try and get that up as much as possible before Thursday when I have to request payment. Next week, I'd like to try and get around £50. Not sure how realistic that is, but we'll see.

I've got my flu jab today. OH has decided he wants one too, at a cost of £12.99 though. At least mine is free. We're off to Boots to get them done at 10.30.

Also booked tickets to see Spectre on Sunday evening. Used the other free tickets we won from the Burger King promotion, so it's not costing us anything.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I only paid 8 for my flu jab.
    Glad you are feeling a bit better :)
    try to take it easy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I only paid 8 for my flu jab.
    Glad you are feeling a bit better :)
    try to take it easy.

Thanks Lou :)

I know they are cheaper elsewhere. We went to Boots and OH needed someone to hold his hand (he's a wimp), so he said he wanted to come with me.

Emz xx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Just checking in with a hello :)

hope all is well XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just checking in with a hello :)

hope all is well XX

I've been wondering where and how you are too, Emz:).
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You were in my mind yesterday funnily enough Emz.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted.

Been going through it a bit at work. I've had too many shifts off sick in a 6 month period and they said I had to have a review. It was very formal and serious and I could have gotten a warning.

It dragged on a bit, and it wasn't great having to go through everything about my illness in front of the managers there. I got sent out of the room whilst they made their decision and everything.

They decided that no further action was to be taken and any absences I have now (related to my illness) won't be counted. They seem to be going OTT now, doing health and safety assessments, having more meetings etc.

What with all that and the PIP application thing, feels like I'm being penalised for having an illness that I didn't ask for and definitely didn't do anything to deserve. Got me down a bit and I'm genuinely just sick of it all.

Emz xx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Oh Em. I am so sorry about work. that really sucks.

So unfair.

No one seems to think any one actually gets ill any more! At work I mean. All this only so many days off before a warning etc. I get it, people take the !!!! but you always know who they are! And you aren't one of them.

no common sense. no human touch.

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills