Forget about likes and dislikes. They are of no consequence....

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Emzilla wrote: »
    _party__party_ Congratulations to Team GB on their Davis Cup win!! _party__party_

Very proud tennis fan here :beer:

Emz xx

I thought you'd have enjoyed it, Emz;). Were you working or did you have the opportunity to watch any of it live?

I hope you're OK:)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,615 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done to 'our' man :j :j :j

Hope you are ok Emz.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought you'd have enjoyed it, Emz;). Were you working or did you have the opportunity to watch any of it live?

I hope you're OK:)

Thanks CBC and Lou - I'm good thanks :)

Managed to watch all of the matches as I wasn't working at the weekend (makes a change!). Now I've got to go tennis cold turkey until January :(

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Morning - I know, long time no post.

The past few months, maybe even longer, I've felt like I've been in a sort of zombie state. Just going through the motions, going to work etc, but not doing much else.

I finally feel like I'm ready to get my act together again - or rather it's a case that I need to pull myself together. I've been stupid and gotten myself a CCJ. Completely my fault for ignoring it and I could have sorted it out if I hadn't buried my head in the sand. I've managed to avoid them contacting my employer to take money out of my wages (did not want that to happen at all!!), but I'm going to have to pay £272 per month for the next 3 years :eek:. One missed payment, and they will contact my employer.

So, I've got to find an extra £272 a month to clear this monster CCJ debt. There's no overtime at work at the moment (and hasn't been for the past few weeks), so I'm on my basic wage there.

The first payment is due on 31st December. I know I won't be able to earn and get paid that much before then, so might have to just pay that one out of the account, then get together the money for January's payment and try to claw back the initial payment on top too (even if I have to do it over the first few months of 2016).

I'll come back later with a rough plan of how to get that extra money. It will take a lot of extra earning and some scrimping and saving too.

I haven't heard back from the PIP people with their decision yet. However, I did get a phone call from a nurse asking me a few questions last week. She was writing the report for my claim and said she was trying to avoid me having to go through a face-to-face assessment. I'm taking this as a good sign as I read about another person with CF who got the full award straight away without an assessment. She also supplied a lot of extra information, like I did.

Be back later with a plan :)

Emz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh Emz, my heart goes out to you, it really does:kisses3:. Nice to see you posting again:T even though the news you gave us was so upsetting.

What a horrible thing to happen after all you've gone through this past year. It's not just the worry of having to find the extra money every month it's the constant anxiety of them letting your employers know if you should just miss one payment. Stress like that is so bad for anyone, let alone someone with serious health problems already.

I know you'll find a way through this, you always do whatever life throws at you:A

Just as a matter of interest, what would be the worst that could happen if they notified your employers? It surely wouldn't result in the sack would it?:eek:

Looking forward to hearing the plan you're working on;)

Sending all positive vibes for a successful outcome about your car etc. They like to take their time don't they?:mad:
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Thanks CBC :), but it's my own stupid fault :mad:. Could have sorted it out, but stuck my head in the sand instead.

Not sure what would happen if my employer finds out. I looked online and it said about not going down well if you handle money in your job (which I clearly do). Doubt I would lose my job, but don't want to take that risk.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,615 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    A lot of money every month for 3 years. :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    A lot of money every month for 3 years. :eek:

Yep :(. It's not just one debt, it's 3 that they've lumped together, hence the large amount.

Emz xx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    But !!!!! tho it is, it will mean three debts gone.

*trying to look for the silver lining*

fingers crossed for pip.

XXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sugarcandy
    Options
    Oh dear that payment sounds quite a lot. Is it more than you would have been paying to the original 3 debts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure