Forget about likes and dislikes. They are of no consequence....

Options

Comments

• Chrysalis1976
    Options
    Emz, I hate it when companies just don't support people properly you have a genuine reason for your days off and I'm guessing (excuse that :) ) that you have good days and not so so good days.

Is there anyway that you can show your goodness, not that you should have to, but maybe working a little extra on your better days so if you do need some time of them you have hours to use in lieu?

Maybe you should strategically leave some leaflets around explaining what it's like to have CF!

Keep strong, C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    DH computer £270.06/PAID :T
    Kids computer £854.33/46.18 :eek:
    Bike £276.15/118.35
    Overdraft £1192/0 :eek:
    Car £5374.04/316.12 :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,621 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    As you say it just seems to be coming from all sides.
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    On the plus side, now that they are aware, they have to demonstrate how reasonable adjustments have been made before taking any adverse actions. Try not to let it get you down. I think you do brilliantly and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,621 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    On the plus side, now that they are aware, they have to demonstrate how reasonable adjustments have been made before taking any adverse actions. Try not to let it get you down. I think you do brilliantly and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.

Agree 100%.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • constantworrier
    Options
    Emzilla wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted.

Been going through it a bit at work. I've had too many shifts off sick in a 6 month period and they said I had to have a review. It was very formal and serious and I could have gotten a warning.

It dragged on a bit, and it wasn't great having to go through everything about my illness in front of the managers there. I got sent out of the room whilst they made their decision and everything.

They decided that no further action was to be taken and any absences I have now (related to my illness) won't be counted. They seem to be going OTT now, doing health and safety assessments, having more meetings etc.

What with all that and the PIP application thing, feels like I'm being penalised for having an illness that I didn't ask for and definitely didn't do anything to deserve. Got me down a bit and I'm genuinely just sick of it all.

Emz xx
    So sorry that you had to go through that Emz, really horrible. They should be happy to have you, a person who is willing and wants to work with such an illness. Like I said before you are an inspirational young lady and I'm happy I know you, you gave me hope when my great nephew was diagnosed with cf. Thank you for that. Big hug xxx
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone :A. I've just finished off my PIP claim form. Think I've come across quite well, especially in terms of the mobility side of it. I filled out the form and have added two pages that I typed out stating all the issues I face on a daily basis and how they either affect my mobility or how I need help with them.

I'm just waiting to get an up-to-date prescription list and then will send it all off tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Emz xx
  • So sorry to hear you had a rough time at work, Emz, but hopefully they'll treat you from now on with the kindness and consideration that your condition deserves:kisses3:.

Keeping everything crossed for your successful PIP claim. How long is it likely to be before you hear the verdict?

Murray v Ferrer this afternoon:j. Can't wait! Are you working or will you have the time to watch?
  • Emzilla
    Options
    So sorry to hear you had a rough time at work, Emz, but hopefully they'll treat you from now on with the kindness and consideration that your condition deserves:kisses3:.

Keeping everything crossed for your successful PIP claim. How long is it likely to be before you hear the verdict?

Murray v Ferrer this afternoon:j. Can't wait! Are you working or will you have the time to watch?

Thanks CBC :)

Not sure how long they take. I might need an assessment done before they make their decision.

I'm working 2-8 today, so won't get to watch the match :(. Will have to check the result on my break.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thought I'd post an update.

Work has been a nightmare. So busy over the weekend and I had a 10 minute lecture from some woman about needing more fitting rooms. Don't know what she expected - should have offered to pop down to B&Q, get some MDF and power tools and made a room just for her. Wanted to tell her if that's the worst thing going on in her life right now, then she should be grateful :mad:. But of course, I just had to take the lecture, agree that we were basically crap and sweetly say goodbye when she left without buying anything.

The shop has been really cold to work in (ground floor, with two entrances, which means it gets pretty draughty) and I think I've got a cold coming on. My stomach has been playing up too (thought I was going to throw up everywhere last night) and my back is causing problems again. But hey Mr PIP man (or Mrs PIP woman), I don't have any health problems that warrant me having any sort of benefit.

Not heard anything about that yet by the way. Will post on here as soon as I get any news.

I have finally started my Christmas shopping. My niece and nephew are done and I also got a brooch for my grandma from work. Started on my mum's present. Going in with my sister and getting her a new camera. Also got her a puzzle and DVD with my Amazon money. Feel a bit more organised than I did a week ago anyway.

Trying to recoup some of the money I'm spending on Christmas. We sent off some DVDs and games to We Buy Books and got £12 for them. My mum ordered a Gtech hoover with her £500 competition win, which I ordered online through Top Cashback, which means I'll get £30 soon (offered to give it to my mum, but she said no). Also just 5 points off getting £10 from Lucky Phone.

Going for my Christmas meal with work on Sunday evening. We're off to TGIs and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope my stomach sorts itself out before then. Should only cost around £25.

Got my niece coming for a sleep over on Friday night and my sister coming over on Saturday night. Also got the Davis Cup final to [STRIKE]dread[/STRIKE] look forward to. Good job I'm not working this weekend.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    _party__party_ Congratulations to Team GB on their Davis Cup win!! _party__party_

Very proud tennis fan here :beer:

Emz xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family