in Phones & TV
255 replies 44K views

Replies

• MoneyMateMoneyMate Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting.

I might have been OK with the increase, but my 'up to' 50mb broadband has gone all to hell in the last couple of week so this is the last straw.

Strange my Virgin package which should now be Supercharged to 50Mb is current running at 20Mb.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • MoneyMateMoneyMate Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    foo78 wrote: »
    I'm due to go onto the Big Kahuna bundle next week after switching from Sky. Will I also have to pay the increase from February? Sky have offered me half price TV for 12 Months to stay with them.

Please Read MSE News: Virgin Media customers to be hit with 5.9% price rise from February 1st Thread :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • AndyPK wrote: »
    Well do the maths. No point loosing £190 for no reason. May as well get some use out if them until the contracts up

You're missing the point. I should be able to cancel free of charge. Read the thread.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes that's true. I think you have 30 days to cancel if they increase the price.
  • FLA27FLA27 Forumite
    301 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I have had my Virgin Media price increase letter today with a £3.99 increase from 1st February. For me that is a lot more than 5.9%. It is actually just over 13% if my rusty maths is correct!

I've just phoned VM and went straight through to the 'I'm thinking about leaving' option instead of Customer Services. I have accepted a new deal that I am happy with which involves me getting more and paying less.

Definitely worth phoning them but I think it is best to speak to the Retentions team from the start rather than Customer Services.
  • VM cancelled and back to BT Infinity @ £20pm for 12 months via the MSE link on last weeks email.

Should never have left!
  • if you join as a virgin customer in say january will you be affected by the increase? (just thinking they would surely have the prices pre planned in for new customers)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    mumbles87 wrote: »
    if you join as a virgin customer in say january will you be affected by the increase?
    New customers always have deals to entice them to join. No one joining in January will have a price increase in February.
  • New customers always have deals to entice them to join. No one joining in January will have a price increase in February.

thanks for clearing that up for me :)
  • People who have got new deals, what was the minimum term they made you sign up for? I want to re-negotiate, but I don't want to be tied in for more than a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides