🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Virgin Media customers to be hit with 5.9% price rise from February

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So with the latest news this will be the third or fourth hike in a year? They are a joke. Feels like we are having to subsidise the fact that they paid out too much for football rights.
  • oldharryrocks
    oldharryrocks Posts: 533 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2015 at 5:49AM
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    So with the latest news this will be the third or fourth hike in a year? They are a joke. Feels like we are having to subsidise the fact that they paid out too much for football rights.

This is the thread relating to the 2015 increase.

The latest news you refer has its own 2016 increase thread here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5358016
  • collywollys
    Options
    Moved to Virgin beginning of October. Tivo boxes are shocking. Just received increase letter and seriously thinking of getting rid. Cant fault the BB mind so may keep that.

This is the excuse I was looking for.
  • Jonesaa
    Options
    I am currently 6 months into a 18 month contract with Virgin ( big kahunah) , after hearing about the price rise I wanted to cancel my services with them but maybe keep my broadband.
    After phoning and explaining I wasn't happy with the rise and I wanted to end my tv and phone service with them I was told if I wanted to keep my broadband I would have to pay the cancellation fee for tv and phone line. The call centre worker advised that I must be happy with the pay rise to keep my broadband so would have to pay the cancellation fee. Does this sound right? I have asked for a manager to ring back about it as I thought it was wrong. They also said I wouldn't be able to get reconnected with broadband for 3 months if I cancel all of my services? Would be gratefull for any advice. Thanks.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jonesaa wrote: »
    I am currently 6 months into a 18 month contract with Virgin ( big kahunah) , after hearing about the price rise I wanted to cancel my services with them but maybe keep my broadband.
    After phoning and explaining I wasn't happy with the rise and I wanted to end my tv and phone service with them I was told if I wanted to keep my broadband I would have to pay the cancellation fee for tv and phone line. The call centre worker advised that I must be happy with the pay rise to keep my broadband so would have to pay the cancellation fee. Does this sound right? I have asked for a manager to ring back about it as I thought it was wrong. They also said I wouldn't be able to get reconnected with broadband for 3 months if I cancel all of my services? Would be gratefull for any advice. Thanks.

Absolutely correct. You cannot pick and choose which components you cancel. On the other hand if you go through with the 30 day cancellation you may find the person who rings you back offers you more flexibility.

Don't bother with the managers, they are all the people sat next to the person you spoke to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport