in Phones & TV
255 replies 44K views
1202122232426»

Replies

• Kim_13Kim_13 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Newshound!
    ✭✭✭
    So with the latest news this will be the third or fourth hike in a year? They are a joke. Feels like we are having to subsidise the fact that they paid out too much for football rights.
    Sealed Pot 11 #520 ~ /£100
    VSP 2018 #9 ~ £19.55/£180.00
    CCCC 2018 #1 ~ £20.75/£180.00
  • edited 14 November 2015 at 4:49AM
    oldharryrocksoldharryrocks Forumite
    533 Posts
    edited 14 November 2015 at 4:49AM
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    So with the latest news this will be the third or fourth hike in a year? They are a joke. Feels like we are having to subsidise the fact that they paid out too much for football rights.

This is the thread relating to the 2015 increase.

The latest news you refer has its own 2016 increase thread here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5358016
  • collywollyscollywollys Forumite
    484 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Moved to Virgin beginning of October. Tivo boxes are shocking. Just received increase letter and seriously thinking of getting rid. Cant fault the BB mind so may keep that.

This is the excuse I was looking for.
  • I am currently 6 months into a 18 month contract with Virgin ( big kahunah) , after hearing about the price rise I wanted to cancel my services with them but maybe keep my broadband.
    After phoning and explaining I wasn't happy with the rise and I wanted to end my tv and phone service with them I was told if I wanted to keep my broadband I would have to pay the cancellation fee for tv and phone line. The call centre worker advised that I must be happy with the pay rise to keep my broadband so would have to pay the cancellation fee. Does this sound right? I have asked for a manager to ring back about it as I thought it was wrong. They also said I wouldn't be able to get reconnected with broadband for 3 months if I cancel all of my services? Would be gratefull for any advice. Thanks.
  • visidigivisidigi Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jonesaa wrote: »
    I am currently 6 months into a 18 month contract with Virgin ( big kahunah) , after hearing about the price rise I wanted to cancel my services with them but maybe keep my broadband.
    After phoning and explaining I wasn't happy with the rise and I wanted to end my tv and phone service with them I was told if I wanted to keep my broadband I would have to pay the cancellation fee for tv and phone line. The call centre worker advised that I must be happy with the pay rise to keep my broadband so would have to pay the cancellation fee. Does this sound right? I have asked for a manager to ring back about it as I thought it was wrong. They also said I wouldn't be able to get reconnected with broadband for 3 months if I cancel all of my services? Would be gratefull for any advice. Thanks.

Absolutely correct. You cannot pick and choose which components you cancel. On the other hand if you go through with the 30 day cancellation you may find the person who rings you back offers you more flexibility.

Don't bother with the managers, they are all the people sat next to the person you spoke to.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES