We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hope you got to go Lucky XX sorry I've not been around, too much work!

have nothing but admiration mate truly.

Big hugs XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    oh lucky, I am glad. I loved my counselling - you have an awful lot to deal with and I found it just relieves the pressure.

Sometimes crying is a good thing too xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Clearly you needed that session, glad you were able to be so honest x

Hope you made it to your friends.

Have a great Friday & weekend my lovely x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Friday lucky & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Afternoon all!

I made it to my friend's house and we had a lovely evening. I told them about crying at the Carer's Centre and being referred to counselling and they were very supportive, as I knew they would be. Managed to hold it together and didn't cry at all last night, so I must have felt the benefit of whinging earlier!!

Unfortunately, about half an hour after I got home and we went to bed, DH started being sick :(. I discovered that he had eaten 2 cupcakes, some granola, several cookies, some ice cream, peanut M&Ms and 2 vanilla crowns while I was out for a couple of hours!! No wonder he was sick :eek:. This morning I took him to the GP for a pre planned appointment as he has had an awful wet cough and poor hearing for a while, on top of the sore throat/headache of yesterday. GP diagnosed an infection and he is on antibiotics 3 times per day, meaning he now takes 21 tablets per day in total, soon to be 22! It was good to catch up with the GP though, she's a lovely woman and was very supportive post accident.

Ordered DS2 some new school trousers from Next, to be delivered to store tomorrow. I actually went into the store expecting just to be able to pick them up but they don't carry school wear instore. They were £7 but I've had a refund card in my bag with £3.50 on it for years, so I used that and feel like I got the trousers half price!

Off out to work soon :(. They asked me to work tonight instead of tomorrow as one of the girls is off for a hospital appointment. I'll be pleased to be off tomorrow but the thought of getting ready and going out now is not a positive one!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad to hear you enjoyed your wee night out.
    Sorry to hear about DH though :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I did get to the Carer's Centre and ended up crying all over the poor girl so she is referring me for counselling. I got quite a lot out of today and I'm pleased I went, though it's thrown up a few questions for me as I heard myself saying a few things and I didn't realise I felt like that! How ridiculous!! .

Not ridiculous, you found a safe and secured,ace to air things that are on your heart and you don't feel able to say elsewhere....really pleased they have referred you to counselling....

I both recommend it and have done some myself.... It is so beneficial.... You deserve it xxx

Hope this weekend is good...
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Just catching up Lucky

Fantastic that you were able to let it all out at the carers centre. Sometimes what you need is someone completely disconnected in order to be able to say what you don't even tell yourself about. I said a lot in my counselling sessions then came away with a feeling of guilt I couldn't reconcile for a while. I hadn't said anything I did not mean, just had said things I wished were not true and then felt bad for the fact that they were.

I hope you get a real benefit from it, and am so glad you got your night out with your friends and managed to hold it together there! :) You're right, friends and laughter are a therapy all of their own!

Hoe work went quickly. Enjoy the thought of none tomorrow!! :D xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you got a chance to "let it all out" Lucky. I bet it's done you good. That is something I think I need as I don't have anyone to talk to about my feelings so it all gets bottled up. Glad you got your night with friends too. What on earth was Mr Lucky thinking of eating that mish mash of food! Hope you both feel better soon.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Bubblesmum wrote: »
    Not ridiculous, you found a safe and secured,ace to air things that are on your heart and you don't feel able to say elsewhere....really pleased they have referred you to counselling....

I both recommend it and have done some myself.... It is so beneficial.... You deserve it xxx

Hope this weekend is good...

Thanks BM. It took me by surprise but I obviously needed to let it out. I'm quite looking forward to the counselling if I'm honest (though she did say there is a little wait at the moment).

Hope you have a good weekend too.
    Just catching up Lucky

Fantastic that you were able to let it all out at the carers centre. Sometimes what you need is someone completely disconnected in order to be able to say what you don't even tell yourself about. I said a lot in my counselling sessions then came away with a feeling of guilt I couldn't reconcile for a while. I hadn't said anything I did not mean, just had said things I wished were not true and then felt bad for the fact that they were.

I hope you get a real benefit from it, and am so glad you got your night out with your friends and managed to hold it together there! :) You're right, friends and laughter are a therapy all of their own!

Hoe work went quickly. Enjoy the thought of none tomorrow!! :D xx

Lilt, you summed it up perfectly! I think it was about telling someone who only knew me, not someone who knew DH and the boys too, someone disconnected as you say. I felt guilty and self indulgent afterwards, but I also felt better too.

Work was good. I was working with someone I don't normally work with as we do different shifts, but we made a really good team and the shift went quickly. Pleased to have the whole weekend off with the boys now though.
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you got a chance to "let it all out" Lucky. I bet it's done you good. That is something I think I need as I don't have anyone to talk to about my feelings so it all gets bottled up. Glad you got your night with friends too. What on earth was Mr Lucky thinking of eating that mish mash of food! Hope you both feel better soon.

SA. I hope you can find a similar scheme for yourself. It's really helpful to talk it out.

Mr Lucky was having one of his sugar cravings and with me not there to police it he just kept going and going!! Thankfully the cravings haven't lead to a seizure though, perhaps the new tablets are working (dare I hope!).
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family