We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't worry about the half a pound, it's probably water weight because of the bashing you took at spinning class ;)

Have a hug:

little-girl-hugging-teddy-bear_2113.gif

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Hello Please LMBL
    Haven't got through your old diary (will get there eventually!) yet but am keeping up with this new one ,,,feels good to be in at the beginning! Am amazed at how well you deal with everything with so much on your plate.
    Hugs and hope you have more sleep tonight
    xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Dont give up hope about the weight - sometimes its funny when you step on those scales every week. I find every 2 works better for me.

congrats on the spinning too - there is no way I could do that once and never EVER again!! x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Granny that hug was perfect, thank you!
    Hello Please LMBL
    Haven't got through your old diary (will get there eventually!) yet but am keeping up with this new one ,,,feels good to be in at the beginning! Am amazed at how well you deal with everything with so much on your plate.
    Hugs and hope you have more sleep tonight
    xx
    NOA

Hi NOA, good to have you around! I hope this diary will have less mishaps and drama than the last one!! I just need a quiet life now. Oooh look, a flying pig!! :p

I did sleep better last night thank you, though I'm just as exhausted today!

Sparky I felt better than I thought I would today so I agreed to take DH to the gym as normal on a Wednesday. BIG MISTAKE!! I now feel how I thought I'd feel today - battered and bruised and like I've been run over :(. I had to eat a sweet mince pie to cheer myself up :o.

This afternoon we went to the other Mr A's to get more things with double discount, so still no NSD. Plus I needed more diesel as the last lot only lasted a week (which is usual). Good news on the money front though is another Mum from school approached me about having a joint birthday party for her DD and DS2 in January. She knew DS2 wanted a specific place so she suggested we have it there and go half :T. Chuffed to bits.

DH has been ok today but he's been forgetting words and his sentences have been a bit mixed up.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The half a pound is muscle :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Heh heh SA, I think it's now made up of sweet mince pie :o.

DH has woken up poorly - sore head and throat. He's very slow and not quite 'switched on' so he's cancelled his cycle ride out with Paramedic Mate this morning. That's rightly so but I'm gutted because I've got my Carer's Centre appointment this morning and I was looking forward to going without worrying about DH. I caught him trying to put his jeans on at the top of the stairs :eek:. His balance is terrible post accident so why on earth he thought the landing at the top of the stairs was a good place to wobble around on one leg I don't know!!
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could PM come and see him for a bit while you go to your appointment

:eek: @ top of stairs

Hope he feels better soon x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Could PM come and see him for a bit while you go to your appointment

:eek: @ top of stairs

Hope he feels better soon x

Granny x 2 has said it all... Hope you get to the carers centre and the day gets better x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    ^^ Echoed by me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I did get to the Carer's Centre and ended up crying all over the poor girl so she is referring me for counselling. I got quite a lot out of today and I'm pleased I went, though it's thrown up a few questions for me as I heard myself saying a few things and I didn't realise I felt like that! How ridiculous!!

Think I'm coming down with what DH has :(. I'm supposed to be going next door for a glass of wine and a gossip with my friends later and I really want to go as to me, it's as good as counselling! Will see how I feel after DS2 is in bed but if I feel any worse I won't go.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family