We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Sparky! I feel bad for warthogs now as I may have just given them a bad press. *disclaimer*, I don't actually know if Warthogs snore, and if they are loud or noisy if they do :rotfl:.

I'm so tired. Can't be bothered with Beavers, just want to go to bed. I've arranged for a Police Officer to come and talk to the boys tonight though so maybe I can just nap in the corner?! No?
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not too many weeks of beavers to go~thank goodness :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    3 more after tonight Beanie, and the last one will be party night :D.

Actually it was good fun tonight. The boys thoroughly enjoyed the Police Officer's visit. He let them sit in the car with the blues and twos on etc. so funny how tv has shaped their idea of 'cops' though! Xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr SA's snoring is so loud I'm surprised next door haven't banged on the wall! What with the snoring and jerking we both have to put up with Lucky no wonder we don't get a decent night's sleep. I might not have kids to add to the mix but my cats and dog are nearly as bad! Yawn!
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Crikey Lucky poor you. Everyone seems to have this winter sickness bug. Hope everyone else has avoided it!

I remember sitting in my sisters living room on the sofa with her quite late one night after her partner had gone to bed (10 years back crikey!) and the sofa was literally shaking everytime he snored. We couldn't hear the tv. I asked how she dealt with it, and she said (and still does it to this day) she sleeps with rubber earplugs in and a position in which she has the pillow clamped to either ear!! I would have murdered him by now!

Hugs, and yay to only 3 more weeks of Beavers!! :D:D
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    SA, you have my sympathies if Mr SA is a snorer too! DH used to be bad pre accident when he'd been drinking, but as he's teetotal now it's not normally too bad. I still sleep with my fingers in my ears though Lilt as I have 'issues'. I hate hearing people breathe! Or eat! There's a proper word for it that I can't remember (aside from weirdo!!).

DH and I went to spin class again this morning even though I really didn't want to as it took me 4 days to recover after last week!! It wasn't as bad today though and i'm only in slight discomfort tonight :rotfl:.

My cousin had a baby boy today :j. Can't wait for squidgy cuddles.

Gained 4lbs at chub club :(. It's so unfair that I have to work so hard to get the weight off, yet it goes on so easily. Damn you sweet mince pies!
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Saw this today and thought of you

:superwoman.jpg?w=300&h=256

Oh yummy mince pies, OH has been eating them like they are going out of fashion. I just dream of them

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Crikey Lucky poor you. Everyone seems to have this winter sickness bug. Hope everyone else has avoided it!

I remember sitting in my sisters living room on the sofa with her quite late one night after her partner had gone to bed (10 years back crikey!) and the sofa was literally shaking everytime he snored. We couldn't hear the tv. I asked how she dealt with it, and she said (and still does it to this day) she sleeps with rubber earplugs in and a position in which she has the pillow clamped to either ear!! I would have murdered him by now!

Hugs, and yay to only 3 more weeks of Beavers!! :D:D

Wow. Seriously though, he should really get checked out. Sleep Apnoea is a really dangerous thing. He shouldn't just leave it.

Lucky sorry you had such a rough night, but well done for still getting up and doing some exercise.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Saw this today and thought of you

:superwoman.jpg?w=300&h=256

Oh yummy mince pies, OH has been eating them like they are going out of fashion. I just dream of them

Granny x

Love this pic granny, definitely makes me think of lucky!

Well done MIL on treating you to a holiday, seems like she is acknowledging the full extent of the situation.

Hope the bugs are over and done with in your household until after Xmas now - I was off work a couple of weeks ago with a virus and a few others have it now, winter sickness is certainly doing the rounds
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Granny I love that picture!! Thank you.

Chev, needs must! I need to get fit one way or another. I had another rubbish night last night too, this time with DS2 who started coughing at 4am and literally didn't stop :(. It's a horrible dry, tickly cough, and lots of the kids have it at school. Those who don't have the cough have the sickness bug :(. They should hang a red cross on the door!

Called the Head Injury Unit today as I still haven't heard from them since they were (allegedly) going to discuss next steps and how DH 'slipped through the net' at a meeting last Wednesday. The girl I spoke to didn't know anything about it, and the Consultant's secretary is on holiday this week :mad:. Apparently I'll get a call back on Monday. Getting rather annoyed now!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family