We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• millionaire_in_training
    Options
    Aww Lucky what a shame. I hope you guys are okay today xx
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all. DS2 has a party at 2pm, and MiL is coming round to watch over DH and DS1 while I take him. Apart from that no one is going anywhere today. DH has perked up a little in the last hour or so. He has stopped slurring his words and looks brighter. Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Lucky :( sorry to hear about the seizures. Hope you have a nice relaxing day today.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh honey so sorry to hear this. Hope you have both had a restful day today x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Cheers SA and Granny.

DH has had a few waves of fear throughout the afternoon which were worrying as the buccal normally stops everything. I'm more relaxed about that now though as we have gone outside of the 12 hours since the last dose, and I can give him more buccal from now if I need to. His cough seems to have reappeared since the antibiotics ended on Thursday (something else to go back to the Drs about!!), and everytime he coughs he gets a major pain in his head :(.

DS2 and I had a nice time at the party and I've just been ironing etc since I got home. I feel very emotional though and on the edge of tears. Think I'm just tired though, and possibly hormonal as Aunt Flo is due in a few days.

Had 2 NSDs in a row, making 3 for the month. Better than none!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it a matter of getting Mr Lucky's medication right to stop the seizures or is it something he has to live with as a result of the brain injury? Must be so stressful for you. Sending you some virtual hugs xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    The Consultant is still hopeful we can find the right medication to control the seizures SA, but in my heart I just think no-one really knows if it will be controlled or not. It's more than 2 years since the seizures started, which seems forever to us but I'm told that is really short in medical terms and getting them under control. The brain injury complicates matters as there are hundreds of drugs we can't use, and as there seem to be no triggers then it's hard to rule things out.

Thank you for the hugs. Sending some right back Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    DH just had a partial seizure (mouth chewing and clawlike hand etc). I've got a bad feeling about this, he doesn't normally continue with any type of seizure after buccal midazolam (albeit hours ago). :(. He's due his nighttime medication now though so hopefully it will put things back on a more even keel. He came out of the partial seizure fairly quickly but I'm nervous about what's coming next. And I'm absolutely shattered from last night, so I selfishly just want a peaceful night Xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure