We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: MoneySavingExpert.com launches the 10 day big winter switch event

Options

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    manrow wrote: »
    I am interested in switching, but remember when I did this a few years back, I was told there were problems with the switch as the gas main to this estate is owned by a private company and not owned by British Gas.

Has anyone-else any experience of this type of problem please?

Presumably what you really mean is that you are supplied via an Independent Gas Transporter (IGT)

All the big 6 suppliers will definitely supply you (I think nPower may add a tenner to your annual cost). Eon definitely will and it has already been confirmed there is no additional charge for IGT customers switching to this MSE collective tariff

If interested, you need to check with the smaller suppliers if they will accept you ... and at what additional price, if any.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    I just tried to switching my Mum to EON. The Energy Club system garbled her address in the transfer process so EON have now cancelled the switch. (The address was so garbled EON reckoned they were about to switch her neighbour!) Her Cheap Energy Club account has the correct address but still says 'switch in progress'. Her address is a little odd so even if her energy club account allows me to reapply won't the same thing happen again?

I have emailed the energyclub address twice but have yet to receive a reply.

What can I do?

Thanks,
    Richard.

Either wait and possibly miss out, or do it all again, with a different email address.

Whether the same happens again, you'll need to find out. But the details should, in theory, be passed over to Eon exactly as you input them. :)
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    This information is in the bill that is produced each time you submit a reading to them.

I know, but it should be possible to see a transparent accounting of all transactions on the account - every credit, debit etc. - at any time.

My last two suppliers (eon and ScottishPower) offered it, and I found it very useful when tracking usage and keeping an eye on direct debit amounts, as well as extra credits such as the Warm Home Discount.
  • jhw280289
    Options
    Can I just ask, the energy club comparison says I can save £92 a year switching to Eon, but when I look at the price per kWh unit and standing charge per day, both are higher with Eon than with my current tarriff, so I don't see where these savings are coming from?
  • cklass
    cklass Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    What's your current tariff?
  • jhw280289
    Options
    It's npower online price fix feb 2015 :)
  • I'm trying to switch to the E.On one year deal but the MoneySuperMarket website won't accept my bank details.

Start your switch to E.ON's
    MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Switch Online tariff

2 questions haven't been completed correctly.
    Errors are marked with Error below:

Sort Code and Account Number are highlighted in red
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jhw280289 wrote: »
    It's npower online price fix feb 2015 :)

Comparison sites seem to assume you go to standard tariff when the fix expires, which might add £12 to £18 a month.

More realistic would be to also look at the best deal with your current supplier.
  • Freepost
    Freepost Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've signed up for the switch to Eon but looking further into it, the Npower Nov'15 tariff is slightly better (£6/a) until the offer from Eon for duel fuel discount and paperless billing are applied, a total of £30, plus the £30 from MSE for switching.

So, for me, a £54.00/a saving but I understand that Npower have a new tariff available 10 Nov, if that works out better I will be cancelling the switch!
  • jhw280289
    Options
    I did compare with my actual current tarriff not the standard tarriff, you can choose your specific tarriff on the energy club comparison. So i'm still confused as to how Eon can be cheaper when both their standing charge and price per unit seem to be higher than my current tarrif :/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport