MSE News: MoneySavingExpert.com launches the 10 day big winter switch event

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The cashback is separate from the e.on tariff.
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    batvink wrote: »
    Just received a welcome email from E-On.

In the email:

On the MSE page:

Anybody else have the same information? Can MSE Energy Club shed any light please? Maybe these are different things, but all of the other information (including Reward points) is in the mail and on the site.

These two things are different. The CEC cashback you don't get before being 3 month with the new supplier from CEC, not E.ON.

I think the £20 discount refer to

"Earn a total of £20 for having both your electricity and gas with E.ON."

which is already included in the tariff.
  • cklass
    cklass Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    All over the forum are people who have taken out MSE deals and who want to know how to contact MSE with a complaint. They are ignored. There are also people posting who are pleased with their purchase and they tend to have a fawning, fairly instant answer from MSE staff saying how pleased MSE is when people are happy with their purchase.
    Cheap Energy Club has a contact email address, which is listed on the FAQ page:
    If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.

What is your complaint about?
  • akamustang
    Options
    Yea, you get both the £20 discount and the £30 cashback!
    MFiT-T3 :: Reduce mortgage to 80k (86.30%)
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    As a farmer I am in the situation where the collective switch to e.on did not work because there are two electricity meters at this address, one domestic for the farmhouse and one business for the farm. There does not appear to be any facility in this switching process to specify that it is the domestic supply that needs to be switched.

As a result, e.on have picked the wrong supply number. E.on are inflexible in that they are unwilling to change the business supply number to the domestic supply number. My switch has therefore been cancelled.

As energy prices should be falling, I expect that a better deal may well become available soon anyway.

In the meantime, there are probably tens of thousands of farmers in the country who may encounter this situation from no fault of their own. As for the Cheap Energy Club I have not found anywhere to enter my domestic supply number so the correct supply number gets switched.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    neilsedaka wrote: »
    As a farmer I am in the situation where the collective switch to e.on did not work because there are two electricity meters at this address, one domestic for the farmhouse and one business for the farm. There does not appear to be any facility in this switching process to specify that it is the domestic supply that needs to be switched.

Hi Neil - drop us over an email to collectiveswitch@moneysavingexpert.com and we'll see if we can fix this for you with Eon.
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    Hi Dan L, thanks for taking the trouble to reply. E.on have already agreed to send me some compensation for my wasted time and hassle so I don't think it is worth persuing the switch at this time. I will wait to see what happens in the marketplace over the next few months as my current contract that has a £30 exit fee has another year to run unless I choose to break it.

In the meantime, will there be any provision in the switching mechanism to prevent this problem from arising in the future?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hmmm. Just got my eon tarriff and the only difference is in the standing charge. This equates to a saving to me of about £15. The CEC tool said I'd save £85.
    Something's not quite right here.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Hmmm. Just got my eon tarriff and the only difference is in the standing charge. This equates to a saving to me of about £15. The CEC tool said I'd save £85.
    Something's not quite right here.

That doesn't sound right at all

From an earlier post of yours I thought you were on the EDF Blue+Price Promise February 2016 tariff
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66930598&postcount=213

For your supply region, that should mean you were charged the following:

Gas
    Standing charge: 26.25p per day
    Unit rate: 3.775p per kWh

Electricity
    Standing charge: 18.90p per day
    Unit rate: 11.571p per kWh

Whereas for the MSE/Eon Collective tariff the charges are:

Gas
    Standing charge: 21.903p per day
    Unit rate: 3.497p per kWh

Electricity
    Standing charge: 16.422p per day
    Unit rate: 11.351p per kWh

Other charges/discounts may also be incurred.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Current edf rate (sorry I think I am on March 2016 tariff not the feb one)
    (I only wrote the numbers to 2or3DP)
    Gas
    Standing charge: 25p per day
    Unit rate: 3.4p per kWh

Electricity
    Standing charge: 18p per day
    Unit rate: 11.3p per kWh
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure