Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• amsquared
    amsquared Posts: 2,328 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 March 2015 at 2:59PM
    Options
    Thanks Dan managed to do the initial readings by phone. I have emailed them about separate direct debits for each fuel.

The opening letters are confusing. The first letter I received for Electricity supply asked for the initial meter reading by phone. The second letter for Gas didn't ask for a meter reading - that prompted me to use the online service which obviously didn't work.

I've rattled their Twitter and Facebook accounts about this as well.
    Best Comp wins in 25 years of comping. Holidays to Hawaii, Toronto, Thailand twice, Dubai twice, Cyprus, Spain, Lake District, Glasgow and London. A couple of £1000 wins as vouchers. 2 Dimplex Fires. Baby cot and chest of drawers. £500 of blinds. Shibumi Jacket. Various small cash prizes under £500 and shopping vouchers. Cosmetics & weedkiller!
  • slvrsqrl
    Options
    I never even thought to check the forums about this, since I have benefited so enormously from MSE's advice over the years but this switch has been a farce for me too.

Basically I’m totally confused about where things are up to with my switch, having received a letter from Sainsbury’s on 2 Feb welcoming me as a customer.

I 've only ever had a letter confirming they’re supplying my electricity (apparently from Feb 19th) but I’ve not had one about my gas.

When they asked me to supply meter readings, I did. Then, like others, I got an email to say that I needed to resubmit my gas reading because of a technical hitch. When I went to the website to do so, the website was down, supposedly until this Sunday morning. 4. Checking again tonight however, it let me log in, but when I tried to submit a gas meter reading, it only shows electricity on my account even though I did a dual fuel switch and the gas account showed previously!!

I've switched many times now and have never had an experience like this - very disappointing to say the least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure