We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: MoneySavingExpert.com launches the 10 day big winter switch event

Options

Comments

• KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2014 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Not yet as for me their April 2016 tariff is slightly more expensive for me compared to the Feb 2016 one.

However I will crunch the numbers again just to make sure :)

Edit: I ran the numbers again and will save just under £10 a year by switching to the EDF April 2016 one although my DD will go up from £51 to £54 which is a bit odd...
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Not yet as for me their April 2016 tariff is slightly more expensive for me compared to the Feb 2016 one.

However I will crunch the numbers again just to make sure :)

Edit: I ran the numbers again and will save just under £10 a year by switching to the EDF April 2016 one although my DD will go up from £51 to £54 which is a bit odd...

That is weird. I've just switched to April 2016, and my DD went down £5 in the summary, but they don't seem to have actually reduced it yet...
  • KTF
    Options
    Did it show a decrease on the 'pick a tariff' page or on another one after you had selected the April option?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ferris wrote: »
    That is weird. I've just switched to April 2016, and my DD went down £5 in the summary, but they don't seem to have actually reduced it yet...

...if you look back thru' old threads re EDF and DD setting, you will find that anything is possible with them ...and their badly programmed Sinclair ZX81:rotfl:
  • manrow
    manrow Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am interested in switching, but remember when I did this a few years back, I was told there were problems with the switch as the gas main to this estate is owned by a private company and not owned by British Gas.

Has anyone-else any experience of this type of problem please?
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    edited 6 November 2014 at 5:54PM
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Did it show a decrease on the 'pick a tariff' page or on another one after you had selected the April option?

Both. In the summary with the final confirmation button, it gave the reduced figure, and after the switch was confirmed on screen it gave the same figure. But the figure on the online account didn't change.

I contacted them over Live Chat, and the guy reduced it for me manually, claiming that the DD amount would depend on consumption rather than something more straightforward like, you know, what they promised on the confirmation page after taking into account details of my consumption?

Still no email confirming the switch, either.

EDIT: A little miffed that they don't have an online page with details of account activity (debits/credits etc). It's inexcusable in such a large company, and it just looks like a licence to rip people off, by denying them the possibility of seeing exactly what's going on with money in and out of the account.
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When I try to use the site I get messsge saying invalid email addy, I have tried 3 addys!

I am with BG, can i switch to another BG tariff, using this site?
    I think i read its possible, but I cant progress
  • KTF
    Options
    Ferris wrote: »
    EDIT: A little miffed that they don't have an online page with details of account activity (debits/credits etc). It's inexcusable in such a large company, and it just looks like a licence to rip people off, by denying them the possibility of seeing exactly what's going on with money in and out of the account.
    This information is in the bill that is produced each time you submit a reading to them.
  • caveo
    caveo Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Did this yesterday and although already with E on I was able to take my joint bill from £130 p/m to £105 p/m.......happy days :)
  • Hi,
    I just tried to switching my Mum to EON. The Energy Club system garbled her address in the transfer process so EON have now cancelled the switch. (The address was so garbled EON reckoned they were about to switch her neighbour!) Her Cheap Energy Club account has the correct address but still says 'switch in progress'. Her address is a little odd so even if her energy club account allows me to reapply won't the same thing happen again?

I have emailed the energyclub address twice but have yet to receive a reply.

What can I do?

Thanks,
    Richard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business